CanJam SoCal 2016 Impressions Thread (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #616 of 658
  In a word, fantastic. Tonal balance was pretty much spot-on for me, it was nicely resolving (as e-stats tend to be), was comfortable and looked cool. If it was available for sale, it'd be at the top of my wishlist.

It's a shame that they are only thinking about supplying the driver to a headphone manufacture when the whole build was pretty solid and surprisingly comfortable.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #617 of 658
Hello! After a short(ish) vacation in California, I'm back and wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in the show.

CJ SoCal was absolutely great this year - from the organisers to our fellow manufacturers to everyone that attended, it was a great example of the community coming together.

Big thanks especially to everyone who stopped by to say hello, especially those who've posted impressions in the thread!

Aye, great show, great people, great weekend.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #619 of 658
Yes, about that. Any news? And does that mean Cavalli will be there as well?

ph34r.gif
Don't ask the troll ninja. At least not today.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #620 of 658

In a word, fantastic. Tonal balance was pretty much spot-on for me, it was nicely resolving (as e-stats tend to be), was comfortable and looked cool. If it was available for sale, it'd be at the top of my wishlist.

It's a shame that they are only thinking about supplying the driver to a headphone manufacture when the whole build was pretty solid and surprisingly comfortable.

Actually, they're showing very sound logic here, IMO.  To go at it themselves would discourage others from adopting their drivers, because that negates the possibility of having exclusive rights to the drivers by having the manufacturer themselves be a source of competition.  But more importantly, they'd have to commit to brand building and marketing, and that comes with it's own set of costs.  They are focusing on their core competency and not overextending themselves.  It's rather commendable I think, even if seems somewhat conservative.  
smile.gif

Hello! After a short(ish) vacation in California, I'm back and wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in the show.

CJ SoCal was absolutely great this year - from the organisers to our fellow manufacturers to everyone that attended, it was a great example of the community coming together.

Big thanks especially to everyone who stopped by to say hello, especially those who've posted impressions in the thread!

Aye, great show, great people, great weekend.

I feel so bad that we didn't have any time to hang out this time around!  We were both in full work mode though, so I can understand why, but still... 
frown.gif

I'll be at CanJam London for sure!  
smile.gif

The official thread has yet to be started, but I think it's coming soon.  In the meantime, I don't think I'm spilling any beans here, since it was mentioned in the CanJam SoCal 2016 Show Guide... so keep the weekend of August 13th-14th clear.  
smile.gif

ph34r.gif
Don't ask the troll ninja. At least not today.

LOL, so now the guess is on as to whether I was just serious or not.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #622 of 658

The official thread has yet to be started, but I think it's coming soon.  In the meantime, I don't think I'm spilling any beans here, since it was mentioned in the CanJam SoCal 2016 Show Guide... so keep the weekend of August 13th-14th clear.  
smile.gif

LOL, so now the guess is on as to whether I was just serious or not.

I mean... http://www.canjamglobal.com/

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #625 of 658
  Was the woo audio's wes in canjam stock or upgraded version?

We didn't have WES in our room at CanJam. Maybe our dealer The Source AV Group did... If that's the case, it had stock tubes and parts. We normally do not use upgraded components at trade shows unless it was already purchased by a customer for pickup at the show.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #626 of 658
We didn't have WES in our room at CanJam. Maybe our dealer The Source AV Group did... If that's the case, it had stock tubes and parts. We normally do not use upgraded components at trade shows unless it was already purchased by a customer for pickup at the show.
We did have the WES on display with stock tubes. Attached to the STAX SR009's

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #627 of 658
Regarding the MrSpeakers EtherStats - As there has been a fair amount of comment and activity, I offer a link to an impressions thread.  Just a brief account of my experience with a prototype that per Dan is "quite a bit further along than the ones I had at CanJam."

Quick spoiler - I was pretty much blown away, and despite my fanboy tendencies, blown away just doesn't happen to me all that often any more.  Surprised, excited, new toy syndrome sure, but blown away, not so much.

The thread itself might b a good place to drop further impressions, comparisons, etc from others who have heard them, and have more experience with electrostatic headphones than I do.  I've heard a lot of the usual suspects, but not often or recently.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #628 of 658
Apr 6, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #629 of 658
I enjoyed the Liquid Carbon at CanJam. I thought that Cavalli would be notifying customers on the web site mailing list of this sale? It may have gone straight to spam but I never received a notification personally. Luckily I saw it was available here in Head-Fi forums and got my order in for this second run. Thanks.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #630 of 658
I enjoyed the Liquid Carbon at CanJam. I thought that Cavalli would be notifying customers on the web site mailing list of this sale? It may have gone straight to spam but I never received a notification personally. Luckily I saw it was available here in Head-Fi forums and got my order in for this second run. Thanks.
I would be jealous, but I'll be sticking with my Kenzie! Enjoy, E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back