CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 19, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #856 of 1,339
Hello, event organizers-

I want to ask if you can arrange some sort of bag-check, or at least a coat check? I'll be walking around trying gear most of the day but will be coming with a bag of some devices & headphones for comparison, and I'm not sure if I'll need these yet. That would be so helpful if there's a place I can set my bag and coat down instead of lugging these around and setting them back down every few minutes, increasing the chance of breaking / losing them. Much thanks!

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #857 of 1,339
Oh also 2 more brief things for the organizers:

It seems myself and other members would really value the chance to hear an audio recording of the seminars if we miss them. So would anybody like to record the seminars for... say a podcast or transcript?

And what about coming in a little early & staying a little late? I was asking about that earlier and it seemed like you hinted about a possible idea on that.

And to anybody else: Giving big props to the event preview video! I saw it and found it inspirational and informative! For anybody who hasn't seen it yet check it out on page 57 here.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #858 of 1,339
Hello, event organizers-

I want to ask if you can arrange some sort of bag-check, or at least a coat check? I'll be walking around trying gear most of the day but will be coming with a bag of some devices & headphones for comparison, and I'm not sure if I'll need these yet. That would be so helpful if there's a place I can set my bag and coat down instead of lugging these around and setting them back down every few minutes, increasing the chance of breaking / losing them. Much thanks!

Well, you won't need a coat.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #859 of 1,339
I think I may just sign up. Every year I swear these LA Head-fi events get farther and farther from me. The last one I drove to was in Santa Ana which is a more tolerable drive than Costa Mesa from San Diego ...

Technically, Santa Ana is only a couple of blocks away from this year's CanJam SoCal, as the city name the In N Out is located (a few blocks north of CanJam) is Santa Ana. :normal_smile :

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #860 of 1,339
  I think I may just sign up. Every year I swear these LA Head-fi events get farther and farther from me. The last one I drove to was in Santa Ana which is a more tolerable drive than Costa Mesa from San Diego >.<

But Santa Ana is further north than Costa Mesa, and thus further away from San Diego.  So we actually moved it closer.  
smile.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #861 of 1,339
*** MAP & EXHIBITOR UPDATE ***

Hey everyone, I know you've been wanting us to post up a map and exhibitor directory, so that you can plan.  But there's a good reason why we haven't done that yet.

The second of two CanJam Preview Videos is going up early next week.  And the new and exclusive product announcements in that video may RADICALLY change which exhibitors you want to visit (and in what order).

So, to save you the work of coming up with an elaborate plan this weekend, only to result in weeping and gnashing of teeth at having to redo that whole plan next week, we're going to let you watch the second video first, and then post up the map and directory.

You'll just have to trust me on this one guys, I'm saving you time and grief.  
smile.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #862 of 1,339
  Amazing!

How eager I want to go.
But it's 5 hours' drive from my home, too far...

Amazing!

How eager I want to go.
But it's 5 hours' drive from my home, too far...

Lucky you, its twelve hours of driving, flying, and busing for me (that includes a five hour lay over in Minneapolis
mad.gif
)...but you don't hear me complaining...
biggrin.gif
blink.gif
biggrin.gif
 It's worth it!!!

Currawong is coming from Japan.  I think he's got us all beat.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #863 of 1,339
Who still needs a badge?  
smile.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #865 of 1,339
Mar 20, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #867 of 1,339
Alright headphone nerds -- I got my plane ticket and I'm registered -- I'll see you guys in two weekends.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #868 of 1,339
Oh also 2 more brief things for the organizers:

It seems myself and other members would really value the chance to hear an audio recording of the seminars if we miss them. So would anybody like to record the seminars for... say a podcast or transcript?

And what about coming in a little early & staying a little late? I was asking about that earlier and it seemed like you hinted about a possible idea on that.

And to anybody else: Giving big props to the event preview video! I saw it and found it inspirational and informative! For anybody who hasn't seen it yet check it out on page 57 here.

Well in the past, the seminars were recorded and posted online, maybe not the same day but they were recorded and posted.

I know warren said for sure no,to coming in early.

Hello, event organizers-

This is kinda hard to do and I don't believe they will be doing it. But I can assure you, that you wont need a coat. It will be around 85F that weekend.

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #869 of 1,339
You need a Scottevest with the matching hidden cargo pants. Totally serious here -- this is what I use to handle these shows. I have three of their jackets now! 

I recommend getting a microSD card with adaptor, formatted as FAT32 and loaded with your own music, as well as maybe a CD or two of tracks in case that is what exhibitors have. 

I'm bringing some DAPs with me, but I'm not sure whether I'll have time to let people try them, or if one of the exhibiting members can do that for me. I think everything I have will be displayed by the vendors anyway.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #870 of 1,339
  *** MAP & EXHIBITOR UPDATE ***

Hey everyone, I know you've been wanting us to post up a map and exhibitor directory, so that you can plan.  But there's a good reason why we haven't done that yet.

The second of two CanJam Preview Videos is going up early next week.  And the new and exclusive product announcements in that video may RADICALLY change which exhibitors you want to visit (and in what order).

So, to save you the work of coming up with an elaborate plan this weekend, only to result in weeping and gnashing of teeth at having to redo that whole plan next week, we're going to let you watch the second video first, and then post up the map and directory.

You'll just have to trust me on this one guys, I'm saving you time and grief.  
smile.gif

That sounds absolutely brilliant, but dreadful at the same time. I can't wait for all the hectic planning and worrying about if I can make it to an exhibitor or not. 

With that said, I probably COULD wait for it. This month is just event after event of awesomeness. For instance, something I have vested interest in is VR, which is the subject of devices such as the HTC Vive, Sony Morpheus, Oculus Rift, and others. And all of those things are going to be shown at VRLA, a VR expo/meetup that happens in LA with one happening this Sunday. These are some really amazing times. My plate can't be any more full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back