CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 3, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #601 of 1,339

Nothing stops this CanJam. Nothing.

Good words indeed! The last time I went to an expo/convention, I thought I could demo everything there with so much time in the day and (what I thought was) so few exhibitors. Boy was I wrong. 

With something this big, even getting to the ones not on your priority list seems like a challenge to my perspective, especially if you're just there for one day.

I hope I can somehow go both days though, when the time comes. This will depend on who I can hitch a ride with (thanks again in advance).

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #602 of 1,339
Hey Im going but would really like to be able to read the exhibitor list it is so small, where can I actually see them?  Thanks just trying to plan my day effectively.

Also are the 3D image guys going to be there seems like a great way to get an impression done.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #603 of 1,339
Hmm... if I can use my Head-fi handle on my badge, I will actually pre-register. Thanks for changing that policy
biggrin.gif

(No one would know me by my real name anyway)

To the folks worried about food... South coast plaza (a somewhat high priced and fancy mall filled with people who are there to be seen, as much as there to shop) is quite literally next door to this hotel. You can get all sorts of food, in vast quantities, from this mall. You can ride a carousel, shop for knives, or visit See's Candy, and probably spend just as much time or money there as at the Can Jam.

I like Warren's idea ... fill up on breakfast and skip lunch. With this many exhibitors, there's just no way we're going to get through all of this by dinner time.

So now, I am personally wondering what kind of beverage I am going to bring with me... I know I'm bringing my Beyer cans, but I'm undecided as to the type of spirits that I shall spirit into this meet... pun intended...

Rum, perhaps.

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #604 of 1,339
Somewhat high priced to say the least.  I love going to South Coast Plaza from time to time (they have snazzy athletic wear on the other side accessible via "The Bridge of Gardens").  I go to Sugarfina (next to Bloomingdales) and indulge in some sweets as well - the high priced delectables comes to play when you find out each little box (3.5 ounces) of candy is $7 each, and purchasing the larger (but still small - 12.75 ounces) box of candy relinquishes $18 from you or the person you are with's wallet/account, both before Orange County taxes.

At least the samples (each is 1 piece of candy, brought from the back where customers are not allowed, wrapped in its own plastic wrapper, served on a crafted white plate...seriously) are free! 
blink.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #605 of 1,339
  Hey Im going but would really like to be able to read the exhibitor list it is so small, where can I actually see them?  Thanks just trying to plan my day effectively.

Or here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official#post_11021560

Also are the 3D image guys going to be there seems like a great way to get an impression done.

That's United Sciences, and yes, they will be there (with Ultimate Ears).  
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #607 of 1,339

Thanks @third_eye! It may have taken us a little while but I guess we're not too late!  

No way your too late. There are a bunch of folks around here (me being one) that kept bugging the powers that be about wanting Sennheiser to be there. I think it's partly because Sennheiser brings representation of bang for buck while being one of the top 3 makes of headphones there is. What's not to like?

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #608 of 1,339

God I can't believe I'm about to say this, as I would typically suggest that you join us for lunch (i.e. noontime mini-party with food), but in this case I would suggest skipping lunch.  Remember, the show doesn't stop for lunch, and listening time is precious.  PRECIOUSSSS!!!  This is why I load up on protein for breakfast and then just power through lunch.

Yes, thank you for the thought of invite, but I'm leaning towards the have breakfast and "forget lunch" idea. As you said, listening time is precious indeed. Also, while it's expensive to attend, if I skip lunch I will be out of there in a couple of hours. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #610 of 1,339
  Three weeks seems so far away...

I had my colonoscopy yesterday ( I know more than you need to know, LOL ) so I am good to go. 
L3000.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #611 of 1,339
Ah, did the math and the decent breakfast and skip lunch system is the best way to go about it (at least to me). Still waiting to see if I can officially attend, (yes so far) and I'll be able to be done by no later than 12:30pm. I have other things that need to be done.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #613 of 1,339
Hmm bought ticket for a while already and still no emblem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back