CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Nov 17, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #151 of 1,339
  AWESOME!! 

And I blame you, sir! Haha

It's addicting!

Got the 24/96 FLAC version (only about $2 more than iTunes pricing, so... why not?), and then I converted it to ALAC just so it could fit into my iTunes library with the rest of my stuffs, and I think that rating will change to 5 stars in 3, 2, 1...

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #152 of 1,339
HEY!
YES! & there was a pic of my Audeze LCD-XC, and Master & Dynamic MH40 cans (maybe the ones you thought were the "B&W mini-can"

Lets be sure to stay in touch here so I can bring the cans you listed above!!

I'm really debating on going tube or solid-state, or maybe tubes in the pre-amp stage, and solid-state at amp end, etc...

I do know I wanna bring my Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold! (differential solid-state)

as for the church - PLS jog my memory - when I used to do high-end audio installs we did a few churches in the metropolitan area - NY, NJ, CT...

Hello Mike, sounds wonderful, I hope you can remember to bring the "said gear", if not there'll be some "sad gear" junkies, HAha LOL... Thanks! Oh also Mike, would you say that the new Caribou album is mastered well? And is it mastered better / worse than his previous albums? I'm into sound-design & mastering (producing) myself so I'm always looking for good (electonica) albums that are mastered well.

Put me down! 
This would be my first ever audio event that I am attending. 

Also for user b38497988: please be sure to click on page 1 of this thread for the links so you can register for this event though.

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #155 of 1,339
Hello Mike, sounds wonderful, I hope you can remember to bring the "said gear", if not there'll be some "sad gear" junkies, HAha LOL... Thanks! Oh also Mike, would you say that the new Caribou album is mastered well? And is it mastered better / worse than his previous albums? I'm into sound-design & mastering (producing) myself so I'm always looking for good (electonica) albums that are mastered well.
Also for user b38497988: please be sure to click on page 1 of this thread for the links so you can register for this event though.

And a note for everybody else; I just finished writing a (brief) essay on digital file formats; the difference between lossy / lossless and a few unpopular theories I've came up with. Would anybody like me to copy that short article here to read?

Hey!

YES, having spent a decade at Atlantic Records workin' under the product Arif Mardin, sound-design and mastering are VERY important to me!
So much so - that if names like Bob Ludwig or Ted Jensen, or Craig Calbi appear in an albums liner note - I'm like - YEAH HOOH!!

The new Caribou is mixed and mastered beautifully!

I HIGHLY recommend getting the vinyl or the 96/24 FLAC - you can get it via Bleep.com 

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #156 of 1,339

Right on. After almost a decade on this wallet-sucking website, it'll be good to do an actual meetup. Thanks for bringing the mountain to Mohammed, guys.

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #158 of 1,339
Mike and others (you know who you are) you're all making it very hard for me not to attend this meet. How many months do I have now to find a reason to have to be out in SoCal? :smiley:

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #159 of 1,339
Also just received the Senn Urbanites I won at the RMAF CanJam. Thanks Jude, Joe and Warren! Nothing sounds better than "free" headphones.

Any chance of another SHaG at future CanJams?

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #160 of 1,339

And I blame you, sir! Haha

It's addicting!

Got the 24/96 FLAC version (only about $2 more than iTunes pricing, so... why not?), and then I converted it to ALAC just so it could fit into my iTunes library with the rest of my stuffs, and I think that rating will change to 5 stars in 3, 2, 1...

NICE!!!!!
o2smile.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #161 of 1,339

Right on. After almost a decade on this wallet-sucking website, it'll be good to do an actual meetup. Thanks for bringing the mountain to Mohammed, guys.

Absolutely, your're in for a treat!! 
beerchug.gif

Great to hear this news!

Will there be no manufacturers, vendors, or exhibitors?

Yes, and a whole lot of them!! As we get closer to the event, we'll be updating the Exhibitor list at the beginning of this thread.....subscribe and stay tuned!! 

Any chance of another SHaG at future CanJams?

Congrats on the Urbanites and YES!! 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #163 of 1,339
I will be there. In the words of the Pointer Sisters:

I'm so excited
And I just cant hide it.
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Hello SonicTransducer... Cool nickname. I don't see anything on your profile and I think we would be interested in knowing which headphones you might have to share? Or if not then just come for what you can find / learn anyway!

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #164 of 1,339
Hello SonicTransducer... Cool nickname. I don't see anything on your profile and I think we would be interested in knowing which headphones you might have to share? Or if not then just come for what you can find / learn anyway!

This is what I own:

AKG K1812 (modified AKG K812)
AKG K1000
AKG Q701
Senn HD800
Grado GS1000
Mad Dogs

However, I don't intend to have a table, so I won't be able to bring all of these. Probably just a couple. But I'll definitely bring the K1812, along with my Chord Hugo and Sony Xperia Z2 phone. Together they make a portable rig that I would be happy to match against any contender.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #165 of 1,339
Hope to attend on sunday,
I'll bring My  stock AKG K-340's to see if they benefit from more power than the Woo WA3+ provides.
I'll even put a brand new sock on My non-destructive memory foam headband mod....so comfy, so ghetto. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back