CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Nov 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #166 of 1,339
  Hope to attend on sunday,
I'll bring My  stock AKG K-340's to see if they benefit from more power than the Woo WA3+ provides.
I'll even put a brand new sock on My non-destructive memory foam headband mod....so comfy, so ghetto. 
smile.gif

Cool, got you down! Love that sock mod too!! 

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #167 of 1,339

Cool, got you down! Love that sock mod too!! 

When do you need to have our chosen gear lists by @third_eye??

I'm still debating...

Thinking I'm gonna bring one KILLER desktop system - w/ tubes and solid-state in the signal path
and my favorite portable rig for people to check out - and at the moment that's:

My Audeze LCD-X, XC, or Master & Dynamic MH40s
Double Helix Molecule Elite cables (for Audeze and Master & Dynamic)
Astell&Kern AK240
Lehmann Audio Traveler amp - w/ DHC Comp4 mini-to-mini.

It seems like overkill - but its like holding a desktop system in the palm of my hand!!
I LOVE headroom!!

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #168 of 1,339
  When do you need to have our chosen gear lists by @third_eye??

I'm still debating...

Thinking I'm gonna bring one KILLER desktop system - w/ tubes and solid-state in the signal path
and my favorite portable rig for people to check out - and at the moment that's:

My Audeze LCD-X, XC, or Master & Dynamic MH40s
Double Helix Molecule Elite cables (for Audeze and Master & Dynamic)
Astell&Kern AK240
Lehmann Audio Traveler amp - w/ DHC Comp4 mini-to-mini.

It seems like overkill - but its like holding a desktop system in the palm of my hand!!
I LOVE headroom!!

Looks great!! Definitely like the idea of a killer portable rig as well!!

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #169 of 1,339

Looks great!! Definitely like the idea of a killer portable rig as well!!

AWESOME!

Than I'll bring a portable rig AND a kill desktop rig!!

hopefully - I'll be able to bring this AMAZING new Exemplar tube headphone amp prototype by then!!!
On the beta team - 

and people GOTTA hear this!!!!

We'll see!!

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #170 of 1,339
Does anyone own the zmf x vibro that they could bring. I've been trying to get a listen to those but they seem so much less popular than the alpha dogs which I've been trying to decide between. First big purchase! :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #171 of 1,339
I'm really interested in hearing the Paradox Slants. I feel they could be my end of the road closed for bedroom listening cans. Obviously, I'll have to pit them against the Alpha Primes of the world.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #173 of 1,339
My wallet is still recovering from the last meet down there. I went hoping to get a deal on an AK240, and I came back with the Chord Hugo.
But the real pleasure was the member demos. Thank everybody who showed their rigs. I'll come one day or the other.
It's a bit hard to commit to demoing your gear for two days. Are you scheduling the tables by the day?
I'm looking forward to it. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #174 of 1,339
  AWESOME!

Than I'll bring a portable rig AND a kill desktop rig!!

hopefully - I'll be able to bring this AMAZING new Exemplar tube headphone amp prototype by then!!!
On the beta team - 

and people GOTTA hear this!!!!

We'll see!!

I've GOTTA hear that!

Man, I can't wait to see the list of gears that will show up at the meet. Sounds like it will be epic! 

Dec 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #176 of 1,339
The user demos are where it's at. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back