CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 24, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,036 of 1,339

at 4:00 this Friday afternoon on E. 7th St. downtown L.A. and would need a ride to the Vegabond Inn Costa Mesa. The drive should only take less than 45 min.

Quote:

For some reason I find this a bit humorous…….

From the Greyhound Station in L.A. to the Vegabond Inn Costa Mesa during rush hours will take over an hour (and that's being really conservative).  Using FastTrak will shave off a few minutes.  If I wasn't going to the UE tour in Irvine that starts at 2 p.m. on Friday, I could travel to pick you up.  Hopefully someone will be able to pick you up.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,037 of 1,339
Is it the fact that LA has the worst traffic at that time on Friday?

4 til about 7:30-8, and then near the downtown L.A. area again from 10-12 a.m., then if they are doing construction on a freeway, possibly around 2 a.m. as well.

I stay as far away as I can from the downtown L.A. area anytime after 2 p.m on, if I can help it.  Anywhere in L.A. isn't too bad to get to though if you know and utilize the side streets - the less-beaten paths.

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #1,038 of 1,339
@joe and I have been working on Part 2 of 2 of the 2015 CanJam SoCal Preview (video) since morning, and it's going to have to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday). Sorry, guys. We're still at the office, editing photos (and taking photos), and editing the video.

Our shooting schedule ran a bit closer to CanJam than we would have liked, but some of the gear we wanted to cover arrived a bit late.

We're getting more efficient at this, but we're still no pros--we learned to make videos by watching YouTube videos about how to make videos. (That's also how we learned to take and edit photos.)

I think the video is around 46 minutes long, and Joe just reminded me that we forgot to shoot the very last segment (the come-to-CanJam-and-thank-you-for-watching-and-goodbye part). So that's what we're going to now...at nearly 2:30 in the morning.

As always, we've been having great fun with it; but, despite the sushi and pizza deliveries today, we're now running on vapors.

Look for the video in this thread tomorrow (Tuesday). Again, sorry, guys (and sorry to the exhibitors covered in this one) that we're running behind.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,040 of 1,339
Go to bed Jude
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,044 of 1,339

Please make sure to post this request again 1-2 weeks before the event in case you have not gotten a ride figured out by then. 

And I guess now would be the time. I've PM'd two people already who seemed like they might be able to give me a ride, but I haven't yet gotten the OK from them. So now I'm seeing if anyone else is willing to give a UCLA student a ride to CanJam just in case they don't turn up.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,045 of 1,339
About the ride request from downtown L.A. to Coasta Mesa this Friday at 4pm. The Uber thing is too expensive for me and the buses will really kick my day in the pants so if anybody is already going that way at that time, then please let me know so we can ride share.

If it were me, I would call Greyhound customer service and get my boarding pass changed to have Santa Ana as the destination, instead of Los Angeles.  That will get you much closer.  From Santa Ana, I don't imagine it would be very difficult to find an OCTA bus that gets you the rest of the way there?

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,046 of 1,339
Mar 24, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,048 of 1,339
It will be nice to see you too.

John will not be attending this year's CANJAM as he is too busy building IEMs, so you will have to put up with me!

Aw crud. We have to put up with Brannan? 

wink_face.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,050 of 1,339
It will be nice to see you too.

John will not be attending this year's CANJAM as he is too busy building IEMs, so you will have to put up with me!

Ugh. Not again! 

beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back