CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #692 of 1,339
Another awesome design by Warren!!
beerchug.gif

We will have a limited number of T-Shirts on hand as extras for those that want to purchase at the show, so if you want to ensure that you get one, please let us know by Sunday, March 15!

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #696 of 1,339
Byronb 2 x 2XL

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #697 of 1,339

Yes, pre-registering will save a LOT of time at check in. It will be as easy as checking in with the QR code on your phone/or printed ticket and getting your badge in about 5 seconds. So, please head over to the CanJam Eventbrite registration page to register!!

I have no trouble waiting longer than 5 seconds. In would rather not use the card just in case I don't get there. I figure I'd probably wait about 15 to 20 minutes at check in without pre-registering or whatever it's called.
Upon finishing the math on this one, I realize now that for me a through headphone audition is about 10 minutes so if it takes 20 minutes to check in, thats 2 demos. Not a big deal except that since I'll have a very limited time if I get to attend, in this case it would be better to pre-register. I also recall that it is available until an hour before-hand. So I just need to wait until the evening before.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #700 of 1,339
This will be my first Head-Fi meet-up and I'm ridiculously excited. Can't wait to meet so many people and try out the headphones I'd like to buy next 
L3000.gif

Also, T-SHIRT ORDER:

briancvrrbs|M|1

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #702 of 1,339
  Ah yes. Always turn the volume all the way down before putting on headphones or turning on anything.
Are you saying it will be a super challenge to demo headphones? I refuse to mess up my ears. If it is going to be super challenging it's not worth it for me to try and attend.

My advice for you, and everybody for that matter is to not necesarrily turn the volume down before putting the headphones on, but to have the headphones several feet away from your head when you press play - this way you can adjust the volume accordingly as you slowly move the headphones closer to your head (being able to hear the volume before it's on you).

Also Solitary Man, unless my memory is playing tricks on me I think I have seen you at another mini-meet in San Jose CA. But my advice is to attend this CanJam if at all possible. I have heard from this thread this will be the biggest head-fi meet ever yet (anybody can correct me if I'm wrong).

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #703 of 1,339
  My advice for you, and everybody for that matter is to not necesarrily turn the volume down before putting the headphones on, but to have the headphones several feet away from your head when you press play - this way you can adjust the volume accordingly as you slowly move the headphones closer to your head (being able to hear the volume before it's on you).

Also Solitary Man, unless my memory is playing tricks on me I think I have seen you at another mini-meet in San Jose CA. But my advice is to attend this CanJam if at all possible. I have heard from this thread this will be the biggest head-fi meet ever yet (anybody can correct me if I'm wrong).

That's also good advice on the headphone safety side of things. Either turning the volume all the way off or keeping them away from your ears when you press play or what have you work well.

Sorry, never been to San Jose DecentLevi, looking at it on a map is about as close as I've gotten.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #704 of 1,339
Warren/Jude/Joe - About that time to show the CanJam newbies the "official" Head-Fi 'gang' hand symbol?
darthsmile.gif

People probably need time to practice before Costa Mesa...

Cheers!

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #705 of 1,339
Recommended to turn volume all the way down, put headphone on, then press play. Some headphones may distort when they are not on your head due to acoustic damping. If a previous listener turned the volume up too high, and there's bass playing before you put the headphone on, then you'll hear distortion when it's your turn, even when you reduce volume. This goes away after a while as the diaphragm adjusts itself, but immediately, it'll be a problem.

Note: my headphones won't do that, as I know how to "fix" the problem, so you don't have to be reserved about volume on mine. But some others will do that, and then funny things will happen, so please try to take good care of others' gears.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back