CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #676 of 1,339

You know that big-breakfast-skip-lunch thing I keep mentioning?  That is based on YEARS of trade show experience.  Seriously, might want to consider that as a wise option.

Protein Bar or Sport Shake is the ticket!

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #677 of 1,339

Gonna be way fun, you know I'm right!  
smile.gif

Lol, I'm pretty sure you're coming no matter what.  
smile.gif

You don't know what my job is like and my life. I do and take it from me, I would not bet very much money I was not prepared to lose if any at all. I've had time off revoked a few times. I asked and so far I got, but it could be vapor. That's why I have to wait until last minute.

Question: What would be the difference with paying cash at the door? I know it was mentioned that the process takes a little longer, but I have visions of that meaning maybe 20 minutes or something non-earth-shattering. Am I on the right path?

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #678 of 1,339

Question: What would be the difference with paying cash at the door? I know it was mentioned that the process takes a little longer, but I have visions of that meaning maybe 20 minutes or something non-earth-shattering. Am I on the right path?

Yep, pretty much just time.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #679 of 1,339
So what's the deal on t-shirts? Can we do one with that picture of Jude? That would rock! :D

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #680 of 1,339
So what's the deal on t-shirts? Can we do one with that picture of Jude? That would rock!
biggrin.gif

Make sure to put your vote in (thumbs up/reputation) for the Jude shirt, here.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #681 of 1,339

You know that big-breakfast-skip-lunch thing I keep mentioning?  That is based on YEARS of trade show experience.  Seriously, might want to consider that as a wise option.

Protein Bar or Sport Shake is the ticket!

Coffee for me, but same difference.  
wink.gif

Lol, I'm pretty sure you're coming no matter what.  
smile.gif

You don't know what my job is like and my life. I do and take it from me, I would not bet very much money I was not prepared to lose if any at all. I've had time off revoked a few times. I asked and so far I got, but it could be vapor. That's why I have to wait until last minute.

One of the guys here falls (or fell) into that situation.  Hopefully he'll make is this time, and hopefully so will you.  
smile.gif

So what's the deal on t-shirts?

See the next post.  
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #682 of 1,339
Hey everybody, IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!  
smile.gif

Those of you who have ordered t-shirts at our SoCal meets before already know this drill.  
smile.gif
  To reserve your shirt, please reply (post in this thread) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size that you want - all separated by pipes. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line.  For example, this is my "order":

warrenpchi|L|3
warrenpchi|S|1

The above order accounts for three shirts for me, and one shirt for m'lady.  Oh BTW, if you intend to wear the shirt at the show, and would like a fresh shirt for each day, don't forget to order two.  In my case above, I'm ordering three because I'll also need an extra one for set-up day.

T-shirts are $20 each, and will be both picked-up and paid-for at the show.  The deadline for t-shirt orders is the end of day, on Sunday, March 15th, 2015.  Shiorisekine has volunteered to tabulate all of the orders (which we'll want BearFNF to double-check because he's like awesome at that and stuff).  
wink.gif

So what's the deal on t-shirts? Can we do one with that picture of Jude? That would rock!
biggrin.gif

Make sure to put your vote in (thumbs up/reputation) for the Jude shirt, here.  
bigsmile_face.gif

it doesn't look like the Jude shirt is going to happen.  That said, this is what it would have looked like had we done it:

Maybe if there is enough outcry from everyone, it will still happen?  As always, we must have hope, because without ho... OH NO, THE MOCKINGJAYS ARE COMING!!!

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #684 of 1,339
Hey everybody, IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!  :smile:

Those of you who have ordered t-shirts at our SoCal meets before already know this drill.  :smile:   To reserve your shirt, please reply (post in this thread) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size that you want - all separated by pipes. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line.  For example, this is my "order":

warrenpchi|L|3
warrenpchi|S|1

The above order accounts for three shirts for me, and one shirt for m'lady.  Oh BTW, if you intend to wear the shirt at the show, and would like a fresh shirt for each day, don't forget to order two.  In my case above, I'm ordering three because I'll also need an extra one for set-up day.

The deadline for t-shirt orders is the end of day, on Sunday, March 15th, 2015.  Shiorisekine has volunteered to tabulate all of the orders (which we'll want BearFNF to double-check because he's like awesome at that and stuff).  :wink:

it doesn't look like the Jude shirt is going to happen.  That said, this is what it would have looked like had we done it:

Maybe if there is enough outcry from everyone, it will still happen?  As always, we must have hope, because without ho... OH NO, THE MOCKINGJAYS ARE COMING!!!

Okay that jude shirt is epic. Can I get one and not where it at the meet?

Also what a way to start the week. Only 18 days til everything goes down.

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #685 of 1,339
T-Shirt Order

Longbowbbs|2|XL
Longbowbbs|2|L

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #687 of 1,339
T-Shirt order:

Musicman59|1|L
Musicman59|1|XL

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #688 of 1,339
Not sure what size, so let's do both!

Mscott58|1|L
Mscott58|1|XL

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #689 of 1,339
Hello, for the moderator or others -

What if I were to come in about 30-60 minutes early - would I still able to come in and get a head start on sampling some of the audio gear that's ready?

Also about the food prices - do you know approx. how much a fast lunch would cost at the mall that's connected to the Westin? Personally, I never pay more than about $10 on any meal.

And about the timing: is it a great distance (down several flights, on the other side, etc.) from the head-fi meeting; and is it usually a long line or slow service? If yes that would be great if I can know in advance so I can instead bring something to save precious time there.

The mall is pretty expensive. There is a Jeresy Mikes sub place if you walk north. It would be almost as close as walking across the bridge to the mall then waking in the mall to find a place to eat. However if you want to sit down and eat claim jumper is right accross the bridge and is really good if you don't mind spending $15 a person.

There is also probably best place in the area not to much further is Baja Fish tacos. Has great Steak burritos. But personally I wouldn't venture into the mall to get food because if you walk north there is many choices. Chipotle, z pizza, Bella Cuban, Greek, jersey mikes, a wing place forgot the name, in and out, chick filet, famous Dave's BBQ, boiling crab, all you can eat Chinnese, Jack in the box, sushi.
Probably more I missed and those are all within about block of walking from the corner of Bristol and sunflower

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #690 of 1,339
I agree, I would not bother with the mall at all unless you want to go to Claim Jumper. 
I personally am going with the breakfast before arrival like a few others here if I make it there. (So far it's yes). I think that is the best idea. I'm also personally having lunch or what have you at home as I will only be able to stay a couple of hours, so I no longer have concerns in that area, but that is my situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back