CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #707 of 1,339
I don't consider a day without lunch a good use of my Saturday. For headphones? Are you crazy? 

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #709 of 1,339
I'll be sure to bring some In-and-out back to slowly waft in the direction of the non-lunch people.

:smiling_imp:

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #710 of 1,339
Just ordered.

How do you guys know who has bought tickets. I seem to remember at another event you entered your user name but here it only asks for your name and credit card info? 

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #714 of 1,339
So, about the lunch issue

I think walking to and ordering food would lose too much valuable show time, and protein bars aren't enough for me. I called the Westin and they said 3 companies do pizza delivery, but I'm not feelin' to pay tips. They said the Westin restaurant doesn't deliver in the hotel, but they did say that room service delivers food. So it looks like it'll be either room-service delivery (individual basis) to the event (providing reasonable prices and if they can call me on my cell), or maybe bagging a day-old warm subway sandwich to eat in the hall. And as far as all the local delights, I'll go ahead & enjoy some after the show.

Now to the unserious side of things: (disclaimer - I am kidding only)

* On an earlier thread I read something about needing practice and about putting headphones on (OH DEAR I hope we're at a higher level than having to practice that beforehand)!

* These 16 hours may go by too fast, so I will pay a fortune to anybody here who can invent a time machine so that we can have more time to enjoy this showcase! (but I would need use of your time machine to earn the fortune first).

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #715 of 1,339
Thank you so much for making the tshirt design once again.  They look awesome. 

Zashoomin|1|L

Also does anyone know what is going on with the member showcase?

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #716 of 1,339

Also does anyone know what is going on with the member showcase?

Lol, I do.  Been busy with the various print deadlines, but I'll touch base with ya tomorrow.  
smile.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #717 of 1,339

Lol, I do.  Been busy with the various print deadlines, but I'll touch base with ya tomorrow.  
smile.gif

Thank you, and sorry to bother you.  I know you are a very busy man.  

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #718 of 1,339

smile.gif

Thank you, and sorry to bother you.  I know you are a very busy man.  

No bother, I should be updating everyone, sorry about that.  Just a LOT of final prep going on leading up to the show is all.  
redface.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #720 of 1,339
  Recommended to turn volume all the way down, put headphone on, then press play. Some headphones may distort when they are not on your head due to acoustic damping. If a previous listener turned the volume up too high, and there's bass playing before you put the headphone on, then you'll hear distortion when it's your turn, even when you reduce volume. This goes away after a while as the diaphragm adjusts itself, but immediately, it'll be a problem.

Note: my headphones won't do that, as I know how to "fix" the problem, so you don't have to be reserved about volume on mine. But some others will do that, and then funny things will happen, so please try to take good care of others' gears.
beerchug.gif

I don't know about the tech aspects of it all, but yes, I personally prefer to turn the volume all the way down on the source before pressing play. I'm concerned about saving my ears, but in the process that also saves the gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back