CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #661 of 1,339

Lol, I said that?  
biggrin.gif
  I mean, it's true and all, but just asking.  
wink.gif

Might as well. And, I just wanted to make this reference.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #662 of 1,339
So even though my name has been on the first page of this thread since the beginning, and my Head-Fi friends were nice enough to give me a "stinkin' badge", I actually was not planning on attending due to calendar issues (darn family and client commitments!). However, I still found it spooky that the CanJam SoCal timing and location was announced literally as I was driving through South Coast Plaza during a client trip from Philly. Makes me wonder just how good a cameraman Joe is if he knew I was there...

Anyway, I am proud to announce that the stars have aligned in an unexpected way and I will now be able to join the festivities in Costa Mesa - woo-hoo! Unfortunately I'll only be there for late Saturday night and all day Sunday. So Warren sign me up for Sunday breakfast, and Jude and Joe - sorry, won't be able to help with the banners again this time, but count me in for anything else I can do to help. 

I'm so looking forward to seeing all of you. I weaseled my way last minute into the Wyndham just up the street from the Westin - so I'm within stumbling distance. All I ask of you my audiophile brethren is that you ensure I'm pointed towards LAX by latest midnight on Sunday as I have a job there starting at 8am on Monday and then I'm back on a plane out East by 2pm. 

Cheers my friends and see everyone soon! mscott 58 (aka Michael)

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #663 of 1,339
I searched the thread and couldn't find a listing of equipment that vendors and members will be bringing.  There was some talk about it happening, but I couldn't find where it was ever completed.  I have some specific desires so wanted to see if the equipment would be there to audition.

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #664 of 1,339
I searched the thread and couldn't find a listing of equipment that vendors and members will be bringing.  There was some talk about it happening, but I couldn't find where it was ever completed.  I have some specific desires so wanted to see if the equipment would be there to audition.

It'll be on the first page when/if it's compiled.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #669 of 1,339

+1. It would be great to have a list of the gear that will be present, both so we can plan what to bring to the meet and so we can plan what to seek out when we get there.

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #670 of 1,339
+1. It would be great to have a list of the gear that will be present, both so we can plan what to bring to the meet and so we can plan what to seek out when we get there.

We're working on the Show Guide which will feature all of the exhibitors, member showcase, and the gear that is being brought. It will also have a map for navigating through the show :)

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #671 of 1,339

We're working on the Show Guide which will feature all of the exhibitors, member showcase, and the gear that is being brought. It will also have a map for navigating through the show :)

Map is a great idea!

I just today confirmed that work is giving me the day that i requested and I can come for sure. Totally cool!

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #672 of 1,339

I was just wondering about a map the other day. 
If my time off doesn't get revoked, I only have a limited time there. I have a list of 4 vendors that I want to visit. I had some other possibles if time permitted, but I don't know where I put it, so I'm sticking with the four. Knowing where they will be would be a big help, so thank you in advance for the guide.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #674 of 1,339
Hello, for the moderator or others -

What if I were to come in about 30-60 minutes early - would I still able to come in and get a head start on sampling some of the audio gear that's ready?

Also about the food prices - do you know approx. how much a fast lunch would cost at the mall that's connected to the Westin? Personally, I never pay more than about $10 on any meal.

And about the timing: is it a great distance (down several flights, on the other side, etc.) from the head-fi meeting; and is it usually a long line or slow service? If yes that would be great if I can know in advance so I can instead bring something to save precious time there.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #675 of 1,339

...You guys do realize that all of this is - at least in part - due to an elaborate ploy to make sure I don't have to eat breakfast alone right?  
tongue.gif

Epic ploy! 
beerchug.gif
 (Grapefruit Perrier in my glass)

In that case, pick the place and I'll be there!  It's on like Donkey Kong!

Originally Posted by Kamakahah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@warrenpchi  FINE. I'll go to your silly little breakfast. 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm playing. Looking forward to it. Head-fi family meals are fun. 

Originally Posted by Pazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I said that?  
biggrin.gif
  I mean, it's true and all, but just asking.  
wink.gif

Might as well. And, I just wanted to make this reference.

Gonna be way fun, you know I'm right!  
smile.gif

I think there was some creative paraphrasing going on there.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't spook him he might change his mind about coming...
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Uh yes.

Lol, I'm pretty sure you're coming no matter what.  
smile.gif

So even though my name has been on the first page of this thread since the beginning, and my Head-Fi friends were nice enough to give me a "stinkin' badge", I actually was not planning on attending due to calendar issues (darn family and client commitments!). However, I still found it spooky that the CanJam SoCal timing and location was announced literally as I was driving through South Coast Plaza during a client trip from Philly. Makes me wonder just how good a cameraman Joe is if he knew I was there...

Anyway, I am proud to announce that the stars have aligned in an unexpected way and I will now be able to join the festivities in Costa Mesa - woo-hoo! Unfortunately I'll only be there for late Saturday night and all day Sunday. So Warren sign me up for Sunday breakfast, and Jude and Joe - sorry, won't be able to help with the banners again this time, but count me in for anything else I can do to help. 

YES!!!! 
smile.gif

I'm so looking forward to seeing all of you. I weaseled my way last minute into the Wyndham just up the street from the Westin - so I'm within stumbling distance. All I ask of you my audiophile brethren is that you ensure I'm pointed towards LAX by latest midnight on Sunday as I have a job there starting at 8am on Monday and then I'm back on a plane out East by 2pm. 

You're in luck!  I believe that Frank I needs to leave Sunday night as well... via LAX... and he needs to be there by 10:00p I think?

the meet

The meet?  
confused_face_2.gif

Hello, for the moderator or others -

What if I were to come in about 30-60 minutes early - would I still able to come in and get a head start on sampling some of the audio gear that's ready?

Also about the food prices - do you know approx. how much a fast lunch would cost at the mall that's connected to the Westin? Personally, I never pay more than about $10 on any meal.

And about the timing: is it a great distance (down several flights, on the other side, etc.) from the head-fi meeting; and is it usually a long line or slow service? If yes that would be great if I can know in advance so I can instead bring something to save precious time there.

Well, if we did that for you, we'd have to do that for everyone... and now we're in a position where all the exhibitors have to wake up an hour early to finish setting up that much sooner... and well, basically, no.  
biggrin.gif
  That said, we are thinking of... actually lemme check on that before I say anything.

Good question on the lunch thing, here's what you need to know:

• You'll need to leave the meet by going downstairs via the elevator.  You'll then walk about 50 feet from the elevator to the front of the hotel.  You'll probably be walking for about a quarter mile from the front of the hotel to the nearest restaurant.
  • If you're going at what would typically be considered an optimal lunch time, keep in mind that you'd be doing so at a popular local mall... on a weekend... yeah, it's not going to be fast by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options tend to be akin to an upscale food court on the low end, with a multitude of sit-down restaurants as well... i.e. there's nothing that would be considered a particular bargain or value.

You know that big-breakfast-skip-lunch thing I keep mentioning?  That is based on YEARS of trade show experience.  Seriously, might want to consider that as a wise option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back