CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Jan 31, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #361 of 1,339
For those not following, CanJam =/= regular Head Fi meet.
Getting alot of that on a shirt may not be worthwhile. Were there t shirts at the last LA Meet? I don't remember any...

No, the last meet shirts were the SoCal Meet in March, 2014.

Bought my tickets last week and can't wait!

Awesome!

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #362 of 1,339
If you guys haven't finalized the badges yet, do you think you could print the username on both sides?  There have been some meets where the name was only on one side and you couldn't eyeball a familiar username a lot of the time because the badge was turned around.  Just a thought.

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #363 of 1,339
  If you guys haven't finalized the badges yet, do you think you could print the username on both sides?  There have been some meets where the name was only on one side and you couldn't eyeball a familiar username a lot of the time because the badge was turned around.  Just a thought.

How are they going to get the user names? When I paid for the tickets the system did not ask for the user name.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 1, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #365 of 1,339

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are they going to get the user names? When I paid for the tickets the system did not ask for the user name.

Sorry Milos, can't do it.  
redface.gif

To keep people from waiting in line too long, we've opted for a wicked cool badge printing system this time.  All you'll have to do is scan your Eventbrite QR or bar code, and your badge will print out in about four seconds.  In fact, it's faster to live print a badge than it is to search for a pre-printed badge.  So not only can we not print both sides, but Eventbrite doesn't even support the use of alternate IDs, like Head-Fi handles.  So we can't print Head-Fi handles at all.  
frown.gif

musicman59, n3rdling is talking about how we used to do meet badges... where I would spend a not-insignificant amount of time individually making badges that included people's handles, avatars and real names.

And while that was doable - even for some of our larger meets upwards of 325 people - trying to do that this time around would simply break me.  
frown.gif
  BTW if I inadvertently just gave away a hint to how many people might be there, then 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #366 of 1,339
No big deal, that's still really cool.  Maybe just scan twice and put the papers back to back.
wink.gif

I know there have been some meets in the 200+ range.  Does anybody remember how many people attended the last CanJam in LA?  I think that was probably the biggest meet I've ever been to.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #367 of 1,339
I know there have been some meets in the 200+ range.  Does anybody remember how many people attended the last CanJam in LA?  I think that was probably the biggest meet I've ever been to.

Stats from the people who had a part in organizing it:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/584924/official-2012-bay-area-meet-thread-california-february-11th-saturday/345#post_8117204
http://www.head-fi.org/t/426794/canjam-2009-impressions/510#post_5746108

Considering those stats are from nearly 6 years ago, and the growth of Head-Fi since 2009 (in members and MOTs combined), I'd hope/expect CanJam 2015 to end up with around 500-600+ in attendance.....

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #368 of 1,339
  Perhaps RMAF will ask to borrow your poster for their 2015 event 
tongue.gif

Quite impressive. Hope there is still some oxygen left in the rooms. 

Nothing like the smell of new electronics in the morning…BoooYah!!!!

Thank you sir!  
smile.gif
  I'll definitely come up with something cool for this year's CanJam @ RMAF as well, though it's still early to be thinking about that.  One CanJam at a time... 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #369 of 1,339
I might bring a bass light R10...haven't brought dynamic stuff in a long time.

Milos, you know I'm always up for what you bring. Never boring stuff.

Sorry Milos, can't do it.  :xf_eek:

To keep people from waiting in line too long, we've opted for a wicked cool badge printing system this time.  All you'll have to do is scan your Eventbrite QR or bar code, and your badge will print out in about four seconds.  In fact, it's faster to live print a badge than it is to search for a pre-printed badge.  So not only can we not print both sides, but Eventbrite doesn't even support the use of alternate IDs, like Head-Fi handles.  So we can't print Head-Fi handles at all.  :frowning2:

musicman59, n3rdling is talking about how we used to do meet badges... where I would spend a not-insignificant amount of time individually making badges that included people's handles, avatars and real names.

And while that was doable - even for some of our larger meets upwards of 325 people - trying to do that this time around would simply break me.  :frowning2:   BTW if I inadvertently just gave away a hint to how many people might be there, then :wink: .

Guess people will have to just Sharpie their HF handles somewhere. I recognize most of the regulars that I've come across in the past by face anyway.

Sounds like there'll be a crush of people this go around. Or at least longer than past long lines for those "popular" pieces of equipment that have been hyped on these boards for a while. Maybe they should bring in a number system.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #370 of 1,339
Milos, you know I'm always up for what you bring. Never boring stuff.
Guess people will have to just Sharpie their HF handles somewhere. I recognize most of the regulars that I've come across in the past by face anyway.

Sounds like there'll be a crush of people this go around. Or at least longer than past long lines for those "popular" pieces of equipment that have been hyped on these boards for a while. Maybe they should bring in a number system.

The SoCal Meet at the Westin last March had 250 attendees plus another 100-125 exhibitor attendees. We have almost 3 times the amount of space (and exhibitors) compared to last year so it's going to be very crowded and I would imagine that there will be some lines. But, the good thing is that CanJam will be spread out over 3 floors at the Westin and over 2 days so there will be plenty of time to explore. In addition to the Member Showcase area, we will also have 4 dedicated speaker demo rooms and another room dedicated to seminars.

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #371 of 1,339
The addition of speaker rooms is totally awesome! Because sometimes you gotta move around without headphones while listening, or share music with a group. Using studio monitors as a secondary reference while mastering is also a necessary evil. (not really evil tho).

But with the the groundbreaking number of vendors and personal exhibitors, I'm fearing the... the (can't dare to say it)... an audiophile's worst nightmare: we don't get the chance to try out every headphone present. While I agree that 3 days would stretch many of our schedules too thin, I would like to ask for some amount of flexibility on the schedule? So that the members may optionally stay about an hour later?

Much obliged, from Levi

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #372 of 1,339
But with the the groundbreaking number of vendors and exhibitors, I'm fearing the... the (can't dare to say it)... an audiophile's worst nightmare: we don't get the chance to try our every headphone present. 

Pre-show planning will be important to maximize time! On our part we will be making every effort to minimize wait times and effectively manage traffic flow. But yeah, it's gonna be pretty crowded.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #374 of 1,339
My handle is my name. It keeps the little troll inside on a short leash.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #375 of 1,339

The SoCal Meet at the Westin last March had 250 attendees plus another 100-125 exhibitor attendees. We have almost 3 times the amount of space (and exhibitors) compared to last year so it's going to be very crowded and I would imagine that there will be some lines. But, the good thing is that CanJam will be spread out over 3 floors at the Westin and over 2 days so there will be plenty of time to explore. In addition to the Member Showcase area, we will also have 4 dedicated speaker demo rooms and another room dedicated to seminars.

Uh oh. If I make it there, it has to be only one day (Saturday). Hopefully it won't be real bad as I am not paying a spendy entrance fee to stand and wait in a line for 2 hours or more just to see an amp or something. Popularity and a crowd is one thing, nature of the beast, but ludicrous is another thing entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back