CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Jan 28, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #332 of 1,339
  Will there be a Sennheiser Orpheus there? It's one of the last few headphones that I'd love to try. The others being...

Audio Technica ATH-L3000

and...

Sony MDR-R10

I get the feeling I may end up loving the Orpheus a lot...

Did you get a chance to demo the HE-1000 at CES?  I thought it was superior to the Orpheus, but the listening conditions at the Sennheiser booth were atrocious...  

I hope they have the HE-1000 at CanJam so I can listen to them again!

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #333 of 1,339
  Did you get a chance to demo the HE-1000 at CES?  I thought it was superior to the Orpheus, but the listening conditions at the Sennheiser booth were atrocious...  

Well, unfortunately, I didn't get to CES.

But I'd definitely love to give the HE-1000 a listen, of course. I loved the HE-560, and I feel it could have been perfect if the tuning and damping was right at stock.

I can totally fathom someone preferring the HE-1000 to the Orpheus... or any electrostatic headphone in general. I feel like that's the one flaw with electrostatic: not enough weight, so... everything sounds a bit too etheral, too floaty, not physical or planted, though wonderfully transparent.

That's my pet peeve, but I'd like to give it a go anyway just to get an idea of how it sounds... or how something that's almost flat from the mids up would sound like.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #337 of 1,339
  Will there be a Sennheiser Orpheus there? It's one of the last few headphones that I'd love to try. The others being...

Audio Technica ATH-L3000

and...

Sony MDR-R10

I get the feeling I may end up loving the Orpheus a lot...

Highly doubtful on the Orpheus. Even at the Sennheiser booth at CES, it was tucked away in the back of the booth within an enclosed room. It sounded incredibly smooth and natural, I would have loved to have spent more time with it.

I think it would be safe to assume that the new Hifiman prototypes will be at CanJam and they are very special indeed.

I might bring a bass light R10...haven't brought dynamic stuff in a long time.

That would be pretty amazing if you could bring them and surely one of the highlights of the Member Showcase!

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #338 of 1,339
Too bad that one guy stopped bringing his Orpheus after bringing it to at least a couple of meets I went to. Hard to do when you don't own it anymore...

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #339 of 1,339
At a recent show one nice member let me hear his Abyss. Wow. I'm not running out to spend that kind of money. But Wow!

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #340 of 1,339
Well, unfortunately, I didn't get to CES.

But I'd definitely love to give the HE-1000 a listen, of course. I loved the HE-560, and I feel it could have been perfect if the tuning and damping was right at stock.

I can totally fathom someone preferring the HE-1000 to the Orpheus... or any electrostatic headphone in general. I feel like that's the one flaw with electrostatic: not enough weight, so... everything sounds a bit too etheral, too floaty, not physical or planted, though wonderfully transparent.

That's my pet peeve, but I'd like to give it a go anyway just to get an idea of how it sounds... or how something that's almost flat from the mids up would sound like.

HE-1000 is planar.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #342 of 1,339
  oBravo Audio added to exhibitor list!

eek.gif

Omg, that means I have to bring my modified V2.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #343 of 1,339
Jan 30, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #344 of 1,339

I will be transporting my Hanes Boxer/Briefs using a matched 3-piece set of Tumi Alpha 2 International Traveler luggage w/ accompanying toiletry container.
Shoes by Ecco and my TSA Security agents will be (not necessarily in order of appearance): Maurice, Donna, and Kumquat.

tongue.gif

Personally, I will be transporting my special order 3x oversize Fruit of the Loom briefs using a naturally constructed organic mounting device, which is permanently attached. This organic mounting device will be riding on special triple wide New Balance tennis shoes, sporting the ultimate in pressure relief insoles, that cost me $43 clams a pair. These extraordinary measures are necessary to keep my feet from screaming in pain while I truck my 3x size carcass around this hotel for a full day, gawking at Lord Only Knows how many different electronic devices and passive listening appliances.

On the bright side, I lost 65 pounds this last year. So at least I'm no longer in 4x territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back