CanJam Singapore 2023 Impressions Thread (March 25-26, 2023)
Mar 28, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #196 of 333
The first time I heard the Centurion, I did not like it because I was demoing the Ragnar which is a bright IEM. Centurion on top of that was too much treble intensity. However, I have found that the Centurion is a perfect match for Trifecta. I also loved it with the prototype Elysian Acoustic Labs DIO.
Hehe, thank you for saving my money, I was just considering getting the Centurion for my Ragnar. I'll probably stay with the FTS for that, even the stock cable is quite good really.

Do you think it'll be a good choice for Trailli? Have you by any chance tried the Centurion with Traillii, and it'll be very helpful if you could share the impressions?

Regards,
Vishy

Mar 28, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #197 of 333
Hehe, thank you for saving my money, I was just considering getting the Centurion for my Ragnar. I'll probably stay with the FTS for that, even the stock cable is quite good really.

Do you think it'll be a good choice for Trailli? Have you by any chance tried the Centurion with Traillii, and it'll be very helpful if you could share the impressions?

Regards,
Vishy

My favorite pairing with Ragnar is First Times Shielding. It allows me to pair Ragnar with any source. The stock cable, as you say, is quite good and I use it most of the time with RS8 as the source.

Mar 28, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #198 of 333
Thank you all for making CanJam SG 2023 an incredibly amazing experience for me. Getting the chance to exhibit at a CanJam is a big milestone for my team and I! This CanJam was a really wild experience for myself, having interacted with so many new friends and creating new bonds.

To the kind folks that dropped by our booth: we really appreciate you sharing with us your thoughts! Seeing your faces grin and eyes light up when you hit the play button affirms us that we are doing something right. Thank you for taking up your precious and limited time to give our products a try.

To Zeppelin & Co.: we're so happy and honoured to be working closely with the Zepp team! They worked super super hard to get the booths running at CJ. Full of contagious, positive energy. Do drop by their physical retail store at Sim Lim - the whole audio plus coffee experience is really sublime.
IMG_8198.JPG

@HiFiHawaii808: thank you for these chocolate nuts!!! They're really really good. I ate them much too fast :joy:

Now for some impressions (if I may add),
VE Phonix Limited: I've never heard the Phonix, only the previous flagship Erlkronig. Phonix LE has a really, really beautifully tuned treble response. Knocked my socks off with how it rendered treble. Major props.

Between the VE Red and Blue prototypes, I casted my vote for the Blue as I preferred less warmth and more definition to the treble. I can see why opinions would be split 50/50 and can't wait to see what VE goes with.

Regarding Empire Ears, I've recently become a bit of a bass head myself. I managed to try the Odyssey via an attendee and I feel like I finally "get" the tuning behind EEs. They're meant to make you go absolutely beast mode in the gym...which makes sense seeing Jack's monstrous physique!! Jack is a real class act and is super nice.

I regret not trying more stuff... I should sneak out from the booth more :joy:

See you all again soon!!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Mar 28, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #199 of 333
Let's see. Laksa or Sausage McGriddle? Laksa for me.
When looking for breakfast I walked by a place with this name. Decided to go for other fruit instead.

Eggslut.jpg

Regards,
Vishy
Have you tried Orpheus on Ragnar, Vishy? I'd think that combination would make for improved note weight, attenuated treble, and a warmer/smoother sound overall.

drftr

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #200 of 333
It seems all attendee enjoyed their journey :wink:. I am happy for you.

I read almost no impressions about the Lotoo Mjolnir and the Spirit Torino Valkyria ! Lack of interest for those devices ? I would love to have more feedback about them...

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #202 of 333
A price of $4999 is ridiculous for a cable yes. It can provide safe water to underserved communities, put kids through school, and put food on the table for a family for a year in many countries
Love you man... After our 10 micro-meets at CJ will definitely look you up when I return to your country.

drftr

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #203 of 333
Sorry I have been a bit lax in submitting my CanJam impressions but I developed a nasty cold. I will be flying back to US tomorrow and I'm hoping to do a full write up during the flight including lots more photos taken by my lovely wife. Thanks for your patience.

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #204 of 333
Sorry I have been a bit lax in submitting my CanJam impressions but I developed a nasty cold. I will be flying back to US tomorrow and I'm hoping to do a full write up during the flight including lots more photos taken by my lovely wife. Thanks for your patience.
Hey Ralph! It was great finally meeting up with you and I hope you're developing just a cold and nothing COVID related. Hope you feel better soon!

drftr

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #206 of 333
I wonder how the Code23 would pair up with the Ragnar?

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #207 of 333
When looking for breakfast I walked by a place with this name. Decided to go for other fruit instead.

Eggslut.jpg

Nice I saw one of these in LA once.

20160807_141920.jpg

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #208 of 333
I don’t blame him those look delicious 🤤

Promissing start. The reduction of power in half from 750mW to 380mW is a bummer Though.

hopefully will get some more impressions soon.

@Sajid Amit I would be grateful If you could give it a shot with the Mest . TIA
Do plan to, in the next couple of days. Will post on this thread if I do.

Mar 28, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #210 of 333
What the heck, Jeff! Check out the hanging light directly left of the sign in my and your pic. 100% the same! What are the chances???

drftr

I was just noticing that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back