CanJam Singapore 2023 Impressions Thread (March 25-26, 2023)
Mar 26, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #136 of 334
Oh interesting! Yes, at CJ NYC I felt that the Red one was much more V-shaped and in speaking with Oliver the designer, he said that the Red was meant for more of a "live" sound while the Blue was more "studio".

From your guys impressions, it seems like maybe they did swap the colors? Though I'd be a bit surprised if they went through the trouble to do so. Wish I was there to have tried!
Would be pretty impressed if they did go through the trouble of swapping the shells. Hilarious too. Can’t be affected by opinions from CJ NY if they don’t look the same.

Based on my quick conversation with them it seems the red is more popular here.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #137 of 334
Would be pretty impressed if they did go through the trouble of swapping the shells.

Unless they made red and pink versions of each prototype at the outset.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #138 of 334
Anyone with feet on the ground please let us know any feedback on the EF600 if you have a chance, it seems like there isn’t a single independent review anywhere!
There was no EF600 in Canjam SG and it was a bit of a bummer as i was also very curious. Surprising, I’d assume it would have been easier to have test units in SG coming from China.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #139 of 334
What has been the general impression of IEMs that are expensive, 2000 plus. I have listened to IEMs costing over 3000 dollars and was not impressed at all. And if given to me, I most likely wouldn't use them, because the sound was off and didn't like the high of a few of them. I preferred the better 800 to 1500 dollars IEMs. I think more thought was put into the sound than just add up the cost to be at a certain point.

Indeed, diminishing returns hit extremely hard the higher you go up the ladder.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #140 of 334
Would be pretty impressed if they did go through the trouble of swapping the shells. Hilarious too. Can’t be affected by opinions from CJ NY if they don’t look the same.

Based on my quick conversation with them it seems the red is more popular here.
Actually I don't think it would be too hard to do considering the red and blue is basically tape over a grey prototype shell so all they would have to do is remove the old tape and slap on some new one. I still doubt they would've actually done it but if they did, that's some serious kudos.

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #141 of 334
I attended my first CanJam and it was quite an experience that I will never forget. I went with a couple of my friends, and we had a great time exploring and testing out some of the high-end headphones available there. Before going, I had planned to find a third pair of headphones, ideally a closed-back one, to complete my collection. I already had a Focal Radiance, and I was considering upgrading to the ZMF Verite Closed after trying it out a few times. So, when I heard about the new Atrium Closed headphones, I just knew I had to try them. And I must say, they did not disappoint. I agree with my @Sajid Amit who posted above that they are probably one of the best closed-back headphones in the market right now. In fact, I think they are the best-sounding ZMF headphones I’ve heard so far, and my friends agreed. I was lucky enough to buy one of the limited-edition sets, which was a pair of olive wood headphones in a light wood finish, with olive green leather and brass hardware. Unfortunately, my friend who also loved the Atrium Closed bought the last available pair, so our third friend missed out on getting one.

Apart from trying out the Atrium Closed, I also had the opportunity to listen to the HE-1 headphones, which was a fantastic emotional experience. I found them to be the best headphones I've ever heard, with no discernible fault across the frequency spectrum. However, at their price point, they were a bit beyond what I was willing to spend. I also enjoyed listening to the Stax X9000 and the SR-009s, which were excellent electrostatic headphones. If I ever decide to venture into electrostatics, I would definitely consider getting either of these Stax headphones.

One of the highlights of the event was meeting Rob Watts of Chord Electronics. My friends each got a Mojo2, and we were able to get Rob's autograph on them, which was pretty cool. Rob even joked that the price of our Mojo2s would depreciate because of his autograph. Overall, it was a highly enjoyable event, and I can't wait to attend another CanJam in the future.

My Canjam SG 2023 loot:
945FAF20-C9CA-488E-8C54-880713201EBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #142 of 334
Not going to CamJam, but going to Singapore in a few weeks for a family vacation as the kids have a school break then. Can someone help me out with audio stores that offer a wide range of demos to try out, outside of the usual Zeppelin and Jaben? My wife doesn’t know I actually planned Singapore for this, but I’m going to plan my vacation around nearby audio shops that I can stop by for a quick listen on the way to multiple attractions.
🫣

Thank you!
Hey, you can consider going to AV One at The Adelphi (Same place as Jaben), which is located near City Hall Mrt station. There's attractions nearby such as the National Gallery Singapore :)

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #143 of 334
I attended my first CanJam and it was quite an experience that I will never forget. I went with a couple of my friends, and we had a great time exploring and testing out some of the high-end headphones available there. Before going, I had planned to find a third pair of headphones, ideally a closed-back one, to complete my collection. I already had a Focal Radiance, and I was considering upgrading to the ZMF Verite Closed after trying it out a few times. So, when I heard about the new Atrium Closed headphones, I just knew I had to try them. And I must say, they did not disappoint. I agree with my @Sajid Amit who posted above that they are probably one of the best closed-back headphones in the market right now. In fact, I think they are the best-sounding ZMF headphones I’ve heard so far, and my friends agreed. I was lucky enough to buy one of the limited-edition sets, which was a pair of olive wood headphones in a light wood finish, with olive green leather and brass hardware. Unfortunately, my friend who also loved the Atrium Closed bought the last available pair, so I missed out on getting a second one.

Apart from trying out the Atrium Closed, I also had the opportunity to listen to the HE-1 headphones, which was a fantastic emotional experience. I found them to be the best headphones I've ever heard, with no discernible fault across the frequency spectrum. However, at their price point, they were a bit beyond what I was willing to spend. I also enjoyed listening to the Stax X9000 and the SR-009s, which were excellent electrostatic headphones. If I ever decide to venture into electrostatics, I would definitely consider getting either of these Stax headphones.

One of the highlights of the event was meeting Rob Watts of Chord Electronics. My friends each got a Mojo2, and we were able to get Rob's autograph on them, which was pretty cool. Rob even joked that the price of our Mojo2s would depreciate because of his autograph. Overall, it was a highly enjoyable event, and I can't wait to attend another CanJam in the future.

My Canjam SG 2023 loot:

6C726E21-AAC5-494E-BF48-3D309BAA4DDB.jpeg
Nice! How does the Mojo2 fare against the iFi Gryphon

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #144 of 334
Nice! How does the Mojo2 fare against the iFi Gryphon
I already have the iFi Gryphon and I wouldn’t replace it with a Mojo2. They’re both great but I like the Gryphon having many options to tinker with.

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #145 of 334
I already have the iFi Gryphon and I wouldn’t replace it with a Mojo2. They’re both great but I like the Gryphon having many options to tinker with.
Good to know that! Hehe. In terms of sound signature, would you say they are more or less similar or totally different? i had the Mojo 1 and i liked it, now i have the Gryphon and just curious bout the Mojo2

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #146 of 334
so our third friend missed out on getting one.
you might want to contact zepp again, they told me that Zach is sending more pairs over since reception was so good; they sold it all 5 limited pairs on the first day.

I'm not one to buy things at shows/first listen, but the Atrium Closed was pretty high on my list too

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #147 of 334
Mar 26, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #148 of 334
Good to know that! Hehe. In terms of sound signature, would you say they are more or less similar or totally different? i had the Mojo 1 and i liked it, now i have the Gryphon and just curious bout the Mojo2
Gryphon gives more bass which is usually to most people’s liking nowadays. The Mojo2 is more detailed which one might describe as analytical. Based on technicalities alone, Mojo2 is better. Then it depends on the weight you put on other factors such as features, having bluetooth, a screen, xBass/xSpace, balanced, etc.

Yours? He's mine, mine, all mine! 🤣
LOL I agree to share him if you’ll be okay with that

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #149 of 334
Mar 26, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #150 of 334
Indeed, diminishing returns hit extremely hard the higher you go up the ladder.
Not only diminishing returns but I don't think they are as good as some IEMs that cost half to less than half as much. I think they need to really put some more work into the end results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back