CanJam Singapore 2022 Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #77 of 133
hey Zach, I found out from Kristy and Jeremy that the atrium on demo didn't have the mesh installed. is that the usual/recommended configuration?

good call on letting them know again about the poor pairing with the questyle amp. it really deteriorated the sound and simply didn't do the Atrium justice.

great job with the new drivers, crescent band, wood selection and the tuning! really very comfortable to wear and a joy to listen to.
I talked to them at the show about a few options regarding the mesh, as you can either leave one of the numerous titan mesh frontal dampers in, or leave them out. I am not sure what they ended up doing for the show units. The stock configuration is a frontal damper that is right in the middle of the options. There's definitely no wrong answer as it comes down to treble peak preference.

Thank you! Appreciate you trying them 🙏

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 3, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #78 of 133
hey Zach, I found out from Kristy and Jeremy that the atrium on demo didn't have the mesh installed. is that the usual/recommended configuration?

good call on letting them know again about the poor pairing with the questyle amp. it really deteriorated the sound and simply didn't do the Atrium justice.

great job with the new drivers, crescent band, wood selection and the tuning! really very comfortable to wear and a joy to listen to.

Hey G, we actually installed them for a nice bit of second-day variety. The demos are now on Titans, so we'll be seeing your for a listen soon we think!

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #79 of 133
I concur but I find the Advar to be shrill sounding at times.

I wonder if Meze put out a brand new set with no time on it and that’s the reason for the treble performance being peaky?

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #82 of 133
Finally got to listen to some TOTL headphones, and boy do they not disappoint.
Bit of a missed opportunity for the Diana TC, as there were some prevalent jitter issues when paired with the V226.
Overall, might just be looking to pick up an Arya in the future.

Photo dump:
DSCF0002.jpg
DSCF0005.jpgDSCF0006.jpgDSCF0007.jpgDSCF8992.jpgDSCF8993.jpgDSCF8996.jpgDSCF8999.jpg

Pleasantly impressed by the showing of Altiat Cal.1H, that with its price to performance ratio, made me bite the bullet and now I own one in its sandblasted variant.

Showfloor pics:
DSCF0010.jpgDSCF0009.jpg
Superb-A-Mundo, sir!

Your photos are fantastic and I very much appreciate both them and your words here!

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #84 of 133
First time attended to Canjam and as volunteer, very nice experience. Thanks to Supreme Head-fier making this happened!
I missed many stuff didn't get to try...SE Asia need more audio gear show!

IMG-20220403-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220403-WA0000.jpg

photo credit: ZJ

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #86 of 133
What impressed me is not something new but something I have not managed to try so far.
I finally managed to test the Chord Dave with a HE1000 headphones.
It sounds so good that I listen to my set of test tracks twice.
This is the only setup I stay back and listened again!
And I compared it to the TT2 with Mscalar beside it.
The designer Rob was there explaining the design concepts between the 2 setup and even though he prefer the TT2+Mscalar,
I really like the Dave more. I don't know how the put the difference in words, and Rob told me that difference is "Transparency".

The HE1000 is also one of the several headphones I have tried at the show and to me, the HE1000 and the Audeze CRBN are the only ones that impressed me.
Unfortunately, choosing the CRBN would mean I need to invest in a Electrostatic amp (good ones cost > $10K) :frowning2:
So I narrow my best choice to the Dave with the HE1000 as my Dream Desktop setup.

Too bad the Dave and HE1000 is currently beyond my reach or I would have carried them home :xf_cool:

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #87 of 133
What impressed me is not something new but something I have not managed to try so far.
I finally managed to test the Chord Dave with a HE1000 headphones.
It sounds so good that I listen to my set of test tracks twice.
This is the only setup I stay back and listened again!
And I compared it to the TT2 with Mscalar beside it.
The designer Rob was there explaining the design concepts between the 2 setup and even though he prefer the TT2+Mscalar,
I really like the Dave more. I don't know how the put the difference in words, and Rob told me that difference is "Transparency".

The HE1000 is also one of the several headphones I have tried at the show and to me, the HE1000 and the Audeze CRBN are the only ones that impressed me.
Unfortunately, choosing the CRBN would mean I need to invest in a Electrostatic amp (good ones cost > $10K) :frowning2:
So I narrow my best choice to the Dave with the HE1000 as my Dream Desktop setup.

Too bad the Dave and HE1000 is currently beyond my reach or I would have carried them home :xf_cool:
You should hear Susvara.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #88 of 133
You should hear Susvara.
Curious how CRBN compares to Susvaras. Susvaras are impressive but they felt a bit too light sounding even plugged to R2R dac + cavalli gold.
I love the electrostat transient speeds but they are usually too bass light. Hope CRBN remedies to an extent. Most likely will only find that out in Canjam London, as very few stored commit to keeping electrostat demos for obvious reasons.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #89 of 133
Curious how CRBN compares to Susvaras. Susvaras are impressive but they felt a bit too light sounding even plugged to R2R dac + cavalli gold.
I love the electrostat transient speeds but they are usually too bass light. Hope CRBN remedies to an extent. Most likely will only find that out in Canjam London, as very few stored commit to keeping electrostat demos for obvious reasons.
My Susvara bass fills in nicely with the Ferrum Orr amp. It's not 1266TC level, but it is very satisfying.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #90 of 133
My Susvara bass fills in nicely with the Ferrum Orr amp. It's not 1266TC level, but it is very satisfying.
I actually tried it on Ferrum Orr too. And i liked it on Cavalli more.
Im not much of a desktop person. So i have yet to hear some TOTL tube amps. Maybe that would be a push towards warmth i would like.

And no i am not expecting them to be 1266. That beast is something i will hardly forget. Even if i struggled to get a decent clamp. It was a best thing i heard from HP world by a long shot. In terms of tuning. Abyss just nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back