CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) Impressions thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #155 of 252
Mm...not necessarily price increase. I believe the price difference is because of 7% government sales tax here plus the Fourte is a U.S.-based product, hence the higher price. Even at 3,600 usd full retail, it still is just 4 Benjamins short of a Focal Utopia. Certainly a factor for those mulling purchase. For me, it was easier since I already have the Utopia.

If i had 4k a side for headphones i wouldnt be wasting it on the Forte thats for sure but id be all up for Utopia and its world class sound.

From experience i have learned that you have to pay a lot more to get the sound of a cheaper full size headphone, some times more than triple.

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #158 of 252
Keep the impressions and photos coming. Greatly appreciating them. A packed attendance too from the looks of it. So many new iems shaking others to find a place in our ears hahaha.

Got a question for those there. Was Audeze there too with their own booth? No glimpse yet of how the LCD-i3 looks?

Wish was a photo of the Empire Proto X & H. Just to see the size (protrusion).

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #159 of 252
Keep the impressions and photos coming. Greatly appreciating them. A packed attendance too from the looks of it. So many new iems shaking others to find a place in our ears hahaha.

Got a question for those there. Was Audeze there too with their own booth? No glimpse yet of how the LCD-i3 looks?

Don't think Jack would appreciate photos since he still plan on keeping his and dean's ideas under wraps but I can attest that the demo unit was quite small. Probably same size as a Zeus demo right now or smaller. Way smaller than the demo unit I tried when the Zeus first released.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #160 of 252
Don't think Jack would appreciate photos since he still plan on keeping his and dean's ideas under wraps but I can attest that the demo unit was quite small. Probably same size as a Zeus demo right now or smaller. Way smaller than the demo unit I tried when the Zeus first released.
yeah I know and seen some spill a bit. I don't want a pic of the shell or even faceplate (to see the innards)but just go they look when worn. But it's super promising that you say they aren't as big as Zeus. The univ Zeus are huge to me :sweat_smile:

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #161 of 252
  Assuming Mr Speakers used the same setup that he did at RMAF/CANJAM Denver, the change to the Holo Spring DAC was the game changer for the 009. 

We did not have the same setup as RMAF.  Just saying, that was a prototype about 12 generations back.  :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #162 of 252
  Thanks for the impressions and the photos. Pretty intrigued by Custom Art's budget CIEMs. What's the rumored price? :wink:

Also interested in checking out Lima Prototype X and the DITA dream. Hopefully the price will be revealed soon.

The rumoured price is as @daulagiri said. It's meant to replace the Music Two and Ei.3 in terms of price point, at around under S$1000.

I chose not to take photos of both prototypes to maintain Jack and Dean's wishes of keeping it private. However, I can confirm @ejong7's statement; it is smaller than the Zeus universal.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #163 of 252
If i had 4k a side for headphones i wouldnt be wasting it on the Forte thats for sure but id be all up for Utopia and its world class sound.

From experience i have learned that you have to pay a lot more to get the sound of a cheaper full size headphone, some times more than triple.

Mm..the Fourte is BIG sound. Same sensation as I experienced from the iSine 10 (more a headphone than an in-ear). At the back of my mind, I kept wondering how the Fourte could produce that sound specially for a "mere" 4-driver. As a point of comparison, my Noble 4 (-driver) ciem sound anemic. The Fourte is like a freight train barreling at full speed. It can do some heavy-lifting even with complex tracks. IMHO, it betters the 18-driver Tzar (which I briefly auditioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back