CanJam Singapore 2016 Impressions (February 20-21, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #421 of 507
CJSG16-65.jpg

Hi, thanks for all these great pics and comments! I have a few questions about some of them, if you wouldn't mind to explain further?

1) What's the big block above (amp?) with transparent top and sides? (brand, model name and any description if possible).
And how about the black/charcoal Amp (or DAC or whatever) next to it in the middle of the pic?

2) Also, you said "Cozoy is showing the new REI - which is definitely better sounding than Aegis"
(see pic below):
CJSG16-71.jpg

Am I right in assuming that the REI is a new model of USB DAC from Cozoy, and if so, which one is it in this pic?
The one under the big "TEST IT NOW!" sign, perchance? :p

I looked on their website but found things only about the Aegis; no REI.. or is it still too early for it to appear on their website?
Also, I'm sure I've heard of a brand called REI somewhere else, so just checking I haven't misunderstood!

3) On one of your pics of the Noble Audio stand had a bunch of "iFi" products. Are they connected (business-wise lol) in any way with Noble Audio, or just used for demo purposes?

4) Finally, you said of the JH Audio stand: "I actually got a chance to listen to all of them a day before CanJam with a couple of guys and the consensus is that the full metal jacket line is overall an improvement over the old line-up and Roxie is by far the most balanced of them all. It will be the one I will get if I am going to get one of them"
Music to my ears (pun intended) :p
However, when you said "Roxie is by far the most balanced of them all", did you mean Roxanne or the new Rosie? And how would you compare the two?

Hope you can help and many thanks!

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #423 of 507

CJSG16-65.jpg

Hi, thanks for all these great pics and comments! I have a few questions about some of them, if you wouldn't mind to explain further?

1) What's the big block above (amp?) with transparent top and sides? (brand, model name and any description if possible).
And how about the black/charcoal Amp (or DAC or whatever) next to it in the middle of the pic?

...and the other two portable amp are from Phatlabs.

2) Also, you said "Cozoy is showing the new REI - which is definitely better sounding than Aegis"
(see pic below):
CJSG16-71.jpg

Am I right in assuming that the REI is a new model of USB DAC from Cozoy, and if so, which one is it in this pic?
The one under the big "TEST IT NOW!" sign, perchance? :p YES

I looked on their website but found things only about the Aegis; no REI.. or is it still too early for it to appear on their website?
Also, I'm sure I've heard of a brand called REI somewhere else, so just checking I haven't misunderstood!

3) On one of your pics of the Noble Audio stand had a bunch of "iFi" products. Are they connected (business-wise lol) in any way with Noble Audio, or just used for demo purposes?

4) Finally, you said of the JH Audio stand: "I actually got a chance to listen to all of them a day before CanJam with a couple of guys and the consensus is that the full metal jacket line is overall an improvement over the old line-up and Roxie is by far the most balanced of them all. It will be the one I will get if I am going to get one of them"
Music to my ears (pun intended) :p
However, when you said "Roxie is by far the most balanced of them all", did you mean Roxanne or the new Rosie? And how would you compare the two?

Hope you can help and many thanks!

REI is Cozoy upcoming product and I believe this is the first time it was shown in the public.

The only connection between Noble and iFi are that they are both distributed (and represented) by the same company in S.E.Asia, thus sharing the same table.

Typo - I mean Rosie. I don't really like the original Roxanne that much and the new Roxanne doesn't do it for me either. It was a bit too bassy (even with bass tuned all the way down) and doesn't have the detail upper FR that I prefer. Rosie on the other hand has everything going for it.

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #424 of 507
Agreed. I prefer the Rosie over the Roxanne. Personal favourite out of the new metal jacket series.
JH did a marvellous job on the Rosie
beerchug.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #425 of 507
Yes! I asked Jude to give most of yall who asked for them! Anyone without a badge please do let Jude know!

That is one cool badge!
Is there any requirement to get it?

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #426 of 507
That is one cool badge!

Is there any requirement to get it?

For the CanJam badge, you should've gone to CanJam itself; for the Singapore Head-Fier's Group badge, you have to join the group!

PM @joe for the badge!

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #427 of 507
For the CanJam badge, you should've gone to CanJam itself; for the Singapore Head-Fier's Group badge, you have to join the group!

PM @joe for the badge!

Thanks a lot PokerFaze!

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #428 of 507
Agreed. I prefer the Rosie over the Roxanne. Personal favourite out of the new metal jacket series.
JH did a marvellous job on the Rosie :beerchug:

it's all about rosie, like the song

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #430 of 507
  Yep, I did take a lot of photo during the two days event.

CJSG16-49.jpg

Music Sanctuary represented quite a few CIEM and showing a lot of them. There were too many people there all the time so I didn't actually bother to wait.

CJSG16-50.jpg

CJSG16-51.jpg

CJSG16-52.jpg

There is always chance for you to drop by Music Sanctuary to have a listen at everything. :D

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #431 of 507
  There is always chance for you to drop by Music Sanctuary to have a listen at everything. :D

Will definitely do.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #432 of 507
Share some photos that I took during Canjam.

The classic design is interesting.

i feel the fischer 10 ann design is quite flawed, have given them feedback and hope to see better design

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #433 of 507
  Typo - I mean Rosie. I don't really like the original Roxanne that much and the new Roxanne doesn't do it for me either. It was a bit too bassy (even with bass tuned all the way down) and doesn't have the detail upper FR that I prefer. Rosie on the other hand has everything going for it.

Thanks (and to AxelCloris!) for addressing all my questions :)

I'm still in the process of expanding my audiophile vocabulary and figuring out exactly what sound signature I like.
I suspect it may vary depending on whether I'm listening to Rock/Hip-Hop/pop or acoustic/jazz/classical/blues/folk etc.
I had the Audeo Phonak 112's and loved the levels of detail and the tone, except that I really wished for more bass presence.

I listened to the Roxanne and Layla at the London CanJam last year but much preferred the Roxanne (obviously these were the pre-Full Metal Jacket versions).
Your comment is quite a surprise to me (less so though, since you say you prefer less bass), especially given the fact that Rosie is their 'budget' model!
It seems you even preferred it to the Angie and Layla too then? Can you describe which of the other JH IEM's the Rosie most sounds like? Or compare/contrast or whatever. As you wish.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #434 of 507
.... I listened to the Roxanne and Layla at the London CanJam last year but much preferred the Roxanne (obviously these were the pre-Full Metal Jacket versions).
Your comment is quite a surprise to me (less so though, since you say you prefer less bass), especially given the fact that Rosie is their 'budget' model!
It seems you even preferred it to the Angie and Layla too then? Can you describe which of the other JH IEM's the Rosie most sounds like? Or compare/contrast or whatever. As you wish.
tongue_smile.gif

Actually if it is between the original Layla and Roxanne, I prefer the Roxanne as well. The original Layla sounds too warm and veil to me. One of the big surprise is how much Full Metal Jacket Layla has improved over the original Layla and they are two different beast to me.

It isn't just me that prefer Rosie over the other. Just about everyone on the mini meet before CanJam agree that Rosie has the more balanced sound signature of the four. I think there is talk about Rosie sounding similar to JH13 Pro and I think I will agree - but this is going from memory as I haven't listened to JH13 Pro for quite awhile now.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #435 of 507

.... I listened to the Roxanne and Layla at the London CanJam last year but much preferred the Roxanne (obviously these were the pre-Full Metal Jacket versions).
tongue_smile.gif

Actually if it is between the original Layla and Roxanne, I prefer the Roxanne as well. The original Layla sounds too warm and veil to me. One of the big surprise is how much Full Metal Jacket Layla has improved over the original Layla and they are two different beast to me.

It isn't just me that prefer Rosie over the other. Just about everyone on the mini meet before CanJam agree that Rosie has the more balanced sound signature of the four. I think there is talk about Rosie sounding similar to JH13 Pro and I think I will agree - but this is going from memory as I haven't listened to JH13 Pro for quite awhile now.

How do you rate Angie Full Metal vs Rosie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back