CanJam Singapore 2016 Impressions (February 20-21, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #436 of 507
I still agree with JHA classification on their  sound quality Layla II > Roxxane II > Angie II > Rosie

I find the bass of the Layla too flat for my taste so i went with the Roxxane.

On the other hand, I find the Angie the most balance of them all and would actually benefit if paired with an amp of ur preference to deliver more... to be frank i enjoyed it a lot...

I just find the Rosie mediocre in sound quality and lacks the robustness in delivering various types of tracks from different genres.

But then, again...it all boils down to ur sound preference...

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #437 of 507

How do you rate Angie Full Metal vs Rosie?

I'll take Rosie over FMJ Angie. I quite like the original Angie myself, but the new FMJ Angie sounds slightly hollow over the vocal range. I won't say it is a bad thing per se - while the vocal isn't as sweet as I like, it does give it a more 3D like presentation.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #438 of 507

How do you rate Angie Full Metal vs Rosie?

I'll take Rosie over FMJ Angie. I quite like the original Angie myself, but the new FMJ Angie sounds slightly hollow over the vocal range. I won't say it is a bad thing per se - while the vocal isn't as sweet as I like, it does give it a more 3D like presentation.

Thanks for feedback, I wanted to buy Angie seems like original is better for me, I have lot of pop in my collection.

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #439 of 507

Have you tried Noble Savant or K10, or Audeo Phonak (my previous IEM's)?
If so, would it be possible for you to compare the sound signatures of any/all of them with that of the Rosie?
In terms of reasons for asking, I'm planning to get a proper portable audio setup sorted out this year after my DAP and IEM's both broke whilst unemployed and looking for a job.. Ke lian.. >.<.
I was thinking something along the lines of Mojo and Onkyo DP-X1 and an IEM like the Savant or Rosie :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #441 of 507
Cant really help u with ur question, regarding sq

but fyi

There is still one wizard savant left on the noble website for 599 (regular price 799)

Cheers

Sadly I'm still looking for work, so I'm estimating it's going to be the second half of this year before I can buy these things.
Thanks for the heads up regardless! Mind you, I'd actually already noticed it a while back (days? a week or two?) and was wondering why they were suddenly priced much lower!
Is this a short term promotion? Or a new model coming up or something? Just curious :)
Thanks anyway, and all the best!

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #442 of 507
  I still agree with JHA classification on their  sound quality Layla II > Roxxane II > Angie II > Rosie

I find the bass of the Layla too flat for my taste so i went with the Roxxane.

On the other hand, I find the Angie the most balance of them all and would actually benefit if paired with an amp of ur preference to deliver more... to be frank i enjoyed it a lot...

I just find the Rosie mediocre in sound quality and lacks the robustness in delivering various types of tracks from different genres.

But then, again...it all boils down to ur sound preference...

I heard the mk I version of all these, to my ears the Oriolus trumped them all

Feb 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #443 of 507

If so, would it be possible for you to compare the sound signatures of any/all of them with that of the Rosie?
In terms of reasons for asking, I'm planning to get a proper portable audio setup sorted out this year after my DAP and IEM's both broke whilst unemployed and looking for a job.. Ke lian.. >.<.
I was thinking something along the lines of Mojo and Onkyo DP-X1 and an IEM like the Savant or Rosie :)

which audeo phonak are u referring to!

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #444 of 507
Cant really help u with ur question, regarding sq

but fyi

There is still one wizard savant left on the noble website for 599 (regular price 799)

Cheers

I just went to see! It's from Lot 10, #3? It looks beautiful!

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #445 of 507

which audeo phonak are u referring to!

I was worried someone would ask that :p
The model name depends on whether it's got a mic or not for phone usage.
I honestly can't remember. However, there were basically 3 models; an entry level one, a midrange one and their top of the line one (relative to their own IEM's, not other TOTL IEM's).
I had the mid range one. It was pretty awesome. Did you have one too?

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #446 of 507

I was worried someone would ask that :p
The model name depends on whether it's got a mic or not for phone usage.
I honestly can't remember. However, there were basically 3 models; an entry level one, a midrange one and their top of the line one (relative to their own IEM's, not other TOTL IEM's).
I had the mid range one. It was pretty awesome. Did you have one too?

022,122,232. I have the 122. The 232 is in a league of its own though

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #447 of 507

Never try the Savant before, but I did jam someone's custom K10 into my ears once (and it fit relatively well). However, that was awhile ago. I can still recall it has somewhat of a stage monitor signature to it - warm, full, musical and pretty much a good all-arounder, Still own both Phanak PFE022 and actually PFE121. I'll say Rosie isn't quite as clinical sounding as PFE121 and it is probably sitting somewhat between PFE121 and PFE022. Perhaps a slightly warmer, more fuller body PFE121. Take this with a grain of salt as it isn't exactly a direct comparison.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #448 of 507

Never try the Savant before, but I did jam someone's custom K10 into my ears once (and it fit relatively well). However, that was awhile ago. I can still recall it has somewhat of a stage monitor signature to it - warm, full, musical and pretty much a good all-arounder, Still own both Phanak PFE022 and actually PFE121. I'll say Rosie isn't quite as clinical sounding as PFE121 and it is probably sitting somewhat between PFE121 and PFE022. Perhaps a slightly warmer, more fuller body PFE121. Take this with a grain of salt as it isn't exactly a direct comparison.

hey clieos! i thought 022 and 121 is the same iem just with different filters, green and grey respectively as default.Cheers!

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #449 of 507

hey clieos! i thought 022 and 121 is the same iem just with different filters, green and grey respectively as default.Cheers!

Yes they are, sort of - well, Phonak sold them differently. The 1xx series is the original PFE model and come with grey and black filter, then they release the 0xx series called the Perfect Bass with the green filter. They both use the same BA driver and the only difference is in the filter.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #450 of 507

Yes they are, sort of - well, Phonak sold them differently. The 1xx series is the original PFE model and come with grey and black filter, then they release the 0xx series called the Perfect Bass with the green filter. They both use the same BA driver and the only difference is in the filter.

Yeap haha. A pity that they discontinued
frown.gif

Possibly the only universal with the best fitting to date for me personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back