1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam @ RMAF 2018 Impressions (Oct 5-7, 2018)

Tags:
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. BunnyNamedCraig
    :frowning2: if I had your number you would have been enjoying that with us!!!

2. fzman Contributor
    The pizza and the taco place were both great-as was the company-good times!

BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  3. lambdastorm
    Hmm lots of praise for RAAL headphones here. From the photos it doesn’t seem like they have earpads or any way of creating a seal, I wonder if it has enough bass?

HoloSpice likes this.
  4. elira
    They have zero seal and good bass.

BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  5. lambdastorm
    How would you compare them to high-end planars like Abyss and HE6? Does it have the same amount of impact/slam?

HoloSpice likes this.
  6. alota
    Your feedback aboute jade II considering your experience? Really appreciated

7. Keithpgdrb
    The he6 has an amazing amount of slam.

8. lambdastorm
    Yeah to this day I still regret selling them. But what most people don't know is that a well-driven HD560 can slam almost as hard as HE6. And I'm talking about the first revision HE560 with SMC connectors stored in a wooden box, not those that bear 2.5mm connectors and comes in a vinyl-looking box, those have different (read:simplified) drivers. Folks who still owns HE6 are dead serious about power while those who have 560 either doesn't care or doesn't expect much SQ improvement with power and that's why most people dismiss 560 as mid-fi. On a very powerful speaker amp, the HE560 actually sounds pretty close to the HE6, with just soundstage, bass depth and mid fullness trailing behind a little bit. And even that can be remedied with a better cable and a speaker amp.

Mike-WI likes this.
  9. Allanmarcus
    darmanastartes likes this.
  10. joshuachew
    Anyone has impressions on the Woo Audio WA11?
    Planning on using it via 4.4 out with my 1Z.
    Impressions much appreciated.

11. Zachik
    Copied from my own impressions (post #186):
    I would add / clarify:
    The prototypes at the show were not the final design. The WA11 should be ready before end of the year (i.e. within a month or 2).
    The sound is great - very smooth mids, strong and impactful bass, highs not harsh or piercing. Plenty of power! Built-in DAC is very good (I believe same as the one in WA8).

12. joshuachew
    Thank you for your impressions Bro. I've preordered it. Now the waiting game....

13. iDesign
    MQA's executives were completely unprofessional and their entire company should be embarrassed. The truth about MQA does not "lie somewhere in the middle," rather it rests on the simple facts that the MQA technology is not perfect and they poorly handled its introduction to the market from the beginning. Had MQA's team done those two things perfectly, no one would have ever questioned it. MQA’s executives need to accept they made mistakes that led to this. Period.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Mike-WI likes this.
  14. Zachik
    You're most welcome.
    I think you'll be very happy with the WA11, once it arrives - its sound is absolutely Woo's sound, despite being solid state! Quite a remarkable achievement :)

15. jude Administrator
    @Mark Up, the Meze Empyrean has changed since CanJam NYC. I've been listening to the production Empyrean (with microfiber earpads) (from the Chord Hugo TT2 / Hugo M Scaler stack), and its bass extension is outstanding -- no roll-off under 50 Hz that I can hear.

When I have the time later today, I'll post the Meze Audio Empyrean measurements.

Sp12er3, Mark Up, heliosphann and 4 others like this.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last