CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #212 of 726
Guys this is gonna be my first ever canjam, and I was wondering if manufacturers ever released new products on such occasions. Been hearing rumors about a new flagship sennheiser openback recently…

Yes they do (info usually comes in head-fi video a week or so prior, plus as companies announce it..)

What/where did u hear about the new Sennheiser?

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #213 of 726
Yes they do (info usually comes in head-fi video a week or so prior, plus as companies announce it..)

What/where did u hear about the new Sennheiser?
Thanks man. TBH not something worth betting your life on especially after so many fake rumors lol. What I saw was a screenshot of a post of a Chinese dealer who said they are importing the last bundle of HD800s which will likely be a huge bargain after the successor comes out. Also (more trustworthy) if you watch sennheiser’s official podcast beyond the curve they are also teasing that a flagship level project is being developed, and that was already a while ago.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #214 of 726
Thanks man. TBH not something worth betting your life on especially after so many fake rumors lol. What I saw was a screenshot of a post of a Chinese dealer who said they are importing the last bundle of HD800s which will likely be a huge bargain after the successor comes out. Also (more trustworthy) if you watch sennheiser’s official podcast beyond the curve they are also teasing that a flagship level project is being developed, and that was already a while ago.

You bet

That replacement is guaranteed and they even asked users here for feedback on current model so the message is in the wall. What’s unknown is when.. 🤷‍♂️😉

Anyway, new models come out every year, multiple times year, so there’s always new stuff. Just focus on the present and what can make you happy. You’ll always find new toys and upgrades down the road..

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #215 of 726
You bet

That replacement is guaranteed and they even asked users here for feedback on current model so the message is in the wall. What’s unknown is when.. 🤷‍♂️😉

Anyway, new models come out every year, multiple times year, so there’s always new stuff. Just focus on the present and what can make you happy. You’ll always find new toys and upgrades down the road..
I also know that when asked about the possibility of a planar sennheiser the chinese region chief manager - he was present at a HE-1 public demo - replies "estats are better". If these were true then we might be expecting a baby orpheus--or a new dynamic flagship.

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #216 of 726
What does Sennheiser consider to be flagship? Is it HE-1 or is it HD800S and then the HE-1 is their "halo" product or something like that.

In other words is the rumor we're getting a new $2k headphone or a new $70k headphone lol

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #218 of 726
What does Sennheiser consider to be flagship? Is it HE-1 or is it HD800S and then the HE-1 is their "halo" product or something like that.

In other words is the rumor we're getting a new $2k headphone or a new $70k headphone lol
If they REALLY wanted to make noise it would be a ~$6k HE-1 Junior, minus the crazy marble amplifier. That would get some serious press. Probably wouldn't sell a lot since e-stats are so niche, but it would be a Boss p.r. move.

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #219 of 726
If they REALLY wanted to make noise it would be a ~$6k HE-1 Junior, minus the crazy marble amplifier. That would get some serious press. Probably wouldn't sell a lot since e-stats are so niche, but it would be a Boss p.r. move.
This would be fantastic... very appealing.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #221 of 726
Asian is probably my fave, but burgers, mediterranean, pizza and then healthy places are all high on my list. Thanks in advance.

@AcousticMatt - apologies for the late reply but 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen (45th and 9th), not far away, is a decent spot. For Asian options, in addition to the Japanese places recommended above, for Korean bbq check out the places down on 32nd, east of 6th Ave. I was going to recommend Baekjeong but it seems to be temporarily closed now; BCD Tofu House is good, too.

Within walking distance is Szechuan Gourmet, on 39th between 6th and 5th Aves, and over on 41st, east of the NYPL, is Sunrise Mart, which is a great spot for quick, cheap Japanese food, including decent bentos (it also has Japanese snacks and grocery store goods).

--

Don't forget good record stores!

Rough Trade is nearby for new alt rock vinyl; Academy Records on 18th for classical and jazz CDs; Academy on 12th for vinyl. For others, check out Limited to One, A-1 Records, Stranded Records, Generation Records, and Village Music World (CDs).

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #222 of 726
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #223 of 726
for Korean bbq check out the places down on 32nd, east of 6th Ave. I was going to recommend Baekjeong but it seems to be temporarily closed now; BCD Tofu House is good, too.

I'm in that area frequently, my go-to Koreans in koreatown are (both on 32 btwn Broadway & 5 Ave):

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #224 of 726
@AcousticMatt - apologies for the late reply but 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen (45th and 9th), not far away, is a decent spot. For Asian options, in addition to the Japanese places recommended above, for Korean bbq check out the places down on 32nd, east of 6th Ave. I was going to recommend Baekjeong but it seems to be temporarily closed now; BCD Tofu House is good, too.

Within walking distance is Szechuan Gourmet, on 39th between 6th and 5th Aves, and over on 41st, east of the NYPL, is Sunrise Mart, which is a great spot for quick, cheap Japanese food, including decent bentos (it also has Japanese snacks and grocery store goods).

--

Don't forget good record stores!

Rough Trade is nearby for new alt rock vinyl; Academy Records on 18th for classical and jazz CDs; Academy on 12th for vinyl. For others, check out Limited to One, A-1 Records, Stranded Records, Generation Records, and Village Music World (CDs).
I'm in that area frequently, my go-to Koreans in koreatown are (both on 32 btwn Broadway & 5 Ave):

Thanks guys! 🙏 excitement grows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back