CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #151 of 726
One of these days, I will hit a Can Jam…this one falls on the weekend my son turns three. Time with him is way more important.

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #152 of 726
Thanks for the tips. Are people going to be there Friday night too? I know vendors and head-fi staff will be to set up. I thought it starts Saturday morning. :thinking:
Audio46, which is about a 5 minute walk from the Marriott, is a popular place on Friday afternoon before the show. The entire Audio46 team is very welcoming and they typically have a table during CanJam NYC - and they are on the exhibitor list for this year too.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #154 of 726
ahh.. NYC pizza discussion commenced. the best leading indicator for a NYC CanJam thread become vibrant with anticipation :)

my two cents.. strike on foot in any distance whatsoever, just make sure you clear AT LEAST two blocks away from Times Square (where many tourists gaze at many other tourists, and they all believe they are seeing New Yorkers:wink:). Then, walk into any arbitrary simple pizza stand the cheaper and simpler the better. Get a slice, plain or pepperoni preferred, season it copiously with all the seaons available (spare none), walk out, and anjoy. You have about 75% probability of striking gold.

the real debate in NYC is whether one is suposed to fold the pizza in two before eating it sandwich style (blasphemy!) or eat it flat (appreciating the optimal mix of crust, crunch, cheese, sauce, and toppings). i think there is a highly-proven correlation between whether you like AIO or componnets to this specific choice, respectively. it has been measured in labs. very solid science

Following up on the critical piece of journalism with real-time embedded live reporting

IMG_8463.jpeg

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #156 of 726
walk into any arbitrary simple pizza stand the cheaper and simpler the better. Get a slice, plain or pepperoni preferred, season it copiously with all the seaons available (spare none), walk out, and anjoy. You have about 75% probability of striking gold.
Agreed, except stay away from the "$1 slice" joints. Those are basically a cracker with ketchup on it.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #157 of 726
NYC pizza….na …. That’s where a Chicago can jam would be sooooo much better.

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #158 of 726
NYC pizza….na …. That’s where a Chicago can jam would be sooooo much better.
When I was in the military back in 1985 I was stationed in Chicago (North Chicago), and me and my pals used to go to this deep dish pizza joint off Canal street, The pizza was the best I ever had, Beats NY pizza hands down. :)

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #159 of 726
When I was in the military back in 1985 I was stationed in Chicago (North Chicago), and me and my pals used to go to this deep dish pizza joint off Canal street, The pizza was the best I ever had, Beats NY pizza hands down. :)
I went to college in South Bend and we would make the trek to Chicago quite often just for the deep dish!

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #160 of 726
Allow me to settle this:
NYC pizza: The default everyone thinks of when they think of American pizza, the gold standard.
Chicago pizza: Not even a pizza, it's a casserole...
Detroit pizza: Better than both, that pan fried dough is *chef's kiss*

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #161 of 726
Allow me to settle this:
NYC pizza: The default everyone thinks of when they think of American pizza, the gold standard.
Chicago pizza: Not even a pizza, it's a casserole...
Detroit pizza: Better than both, that pan fried dough is *chef's kiss*
There is a detroit pizza chain here in the denver area that is pretty good! I just have never been to Detroit to know how good it really is!

Jan 7, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #162 of 726
There is a detroit pizza chain here in the denver area that is pretty good! I just have never been to Detroit to know how good it really is!
There's a chain called Emmy Squared that has 5 locations in Manhattan that I highly recommend for anyone who wants to compare Detroit style with NYC style while they're here for CanJam. Here's pictures of their "MVP" and "Colony" pizzas

Attachments

• mvp.png
    mvp.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • colony.jpg
    colony.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #163 of 726
Jan 7, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #165 of 726
CanJam NYC will be my first CanJam. When I told my wife I wanted to go I asked if she wanted to join me... She has never shown interest in audio (other than to support me, and roll her eyes when yet another package arrives), so I was surprised she said she wanted to go! I asked her why and she responded that she thought that audio nerds would go wild and take advantage of all "fringe benefits" that the big city has to offer and she wanted to keep an eye on me. So, I suppose I have to ask of all the show veterans here, is CanJam toga-optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back