CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #781 of 960
Mar 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #783 of 960
In case any of y'all are having CanJam withdrawal...

Mar 5, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #784 of 960
Nice report, BTW, which Decware model did you order for your Atrium?
Thank you, I barely scratched the surface of everything there at CanJam NYC since I only attended on Saturday. I ordered the CSP3 model to stay around $1500. Still waiting on assembly since last April. The Taboo versions do have a few more enhancements like the VU meters and a "lucid mode" switch. The Decware order list is taking over a year now so just be aware and have patience if you go with them.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #786 of 960
Seeing that you have SoundLab and Quads, I'm surprised that you don't have a KSE1200. I've never heard the AKG K1000, but I'm thinking it would be close to the Raal. Nice equipment! 👍
The Raal is quite similar to the K1000 and I think most people would prefer the Raal. I don't really want to say the Raal is bass heavy, but the balance seems slightly bass-weighted to me and in doing so, the mids are slightly less prominent. The K1000 has all the AKG Austrian days midrange magic (before the K601/K701).

I'm interested in the KSE1200, though I only listen to IEMs when I travel for work, so they wouldn't get much ear time.

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #787 of 960
The Raal is quite similar to the K1000 and I think most people would prefer the Raal. I don't really want to say the Raal is bass heavy, but the balance seems slightly bass-weighted to me and in doing so, the mids are slightly less prominent. The K1000 has all the AKG Austrian days midrange magic (before the K601/K701).

I'm interested in the KSE1200, though I only listen to IEMs when I travel for work, so they wouldn't get much ear time.
For me, the KSE1200 is my stationary home system, whereas I have the Andromeda IEM for when I'm out and about. I think if I had a 9ft tall electrostatic system at home like you, I'd probably be listening to that instead of an IEM a lot of the time also. 🙂

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #789 of 960
For me, the KSE1200 is my stationary home system, whereas I have the Andromeda IEM for when I'm out and about. I think if I had a 9ft tall electrostatic system at home like you, I'd probably be listening to that instead of an IEM a lot of the time also. 🙂
I agree, not much beats the SoundLab system, it is difficult to even attempt listening to headphones when I'm in the living room (the SoundLabs sound better).
I moved my headphone system downstairs to the office and K1000 bests my Quad system. Thus days that are not meeting heavy, I get to enjoy the K1000 and Dynahi.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #790 of 960

The actual and true successor to the K1000 is the Mysphere 3.1 it has that same midrange magic and then some plus is a lot less fussy when driving and way more natural.

Mysphere 3.1 is the actual successor and its amazing!

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #791 of 960
Mysphere 3.1 is the actual successor and its amazing!
I probably need to hear the Mysphere again, I heard it years ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy, I thought it was pretty good, but not good enough that I wanted it. I think at this same meet, I loved the original Abyss 1266 more.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #793 of 960
Just looked up the Mysphere, what configuration is best? It looks pretty interesting.
Depends what you want - warmer tonality and more suited for more powerful amps choose 3.2. If you want a faster and more neutral sound and want to use on less powerful sources get the 3.1. I prefer and own the 3.1 and use with my Sony DMP-Z1 and Sony nw-WM1A. Both have magical super detailed and natural mid ranges. The speed on the 3.1 is stunning and faster than any other dynamic while preserving that natural performance that planar can’t match imo. I the mid range is more detailed than the Utopia which I also own. Amazing set.

I probably need to hear the Mysphere again, I heard it years ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy, I thought it was pretty good, but not good enough that I wanted it. I think at this same meet, I loved the original Abyss 1266 more.
I really love the 1266. It is a different sound than the Mysphere. The 1266 imo is a one trick pony- dynamic bass punch. The Mysphere does not wow with bass punch but it is super fast and clean. What it does wow with is the sound stage and the mid range and I find the overall tonality to be superior to the 1266. Plus it way more comfortable in my opinion and a heck lot more easy to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back