CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #801 of 960
Wow, just finishing reading the entire thread, great impressions and thank you all who shared your impressions so that I am almost feel like being there. Looking forward to this October my local CanJam.

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #803 of 960
Was able to catch the show on the last day and added a quick impressions video:

Love your videos....
why not try some CIEM for travel
I feel CIEMs are always better to travel with then headphones.

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #808 of 960
Love your videos....
why not try some CIEM for travel
I feel CIEMs are always better to travel with then headphones.

Thanks! Never thought about it actually. I do like ANC and the wireless bit though, but the handful of IEMs I've tried have always wowed me. I'd also have to get a DAP, and I don't travel that much to justify one right now.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #809 of 960
Was able to catch the show on the last day and added a quick impressions video:

Just curious, when you are comparing/describing amps, are you using the same pair of headphones, volume matched between amps? How about the source? I'm 100% vested in and review mostly portable audio (IEMs/DAPs), but full size cans pique my interest. With IEMs, it is much easier to compare, you choose one DAP and cycle through different monitors, volume matched. And the same with DAPs, pick one pair of IEMs, and cycle through DAPs, again, volume matched. In my mind, that is the only way I can have a meaningful a/b comparison. But with headphones and desktop sources, seems like there are too many variables. Plus, I noticed, people describing amps while using different dacs and headphones, so I'm a bit confused... I usually attend CanJam NYC on Sat only to check iems, daps, cables, but thinking maybe next year will come back on Sunday just for headphones.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #810 of 960
Just curious, when you are comparing/describing amps, are you using the same pair of headphones, volume matched between amps? How about the source? I'm 100% vested in and review mostly portable audio (IEMs/DAPs), but full size cans pique my interest. With IEMs, it is much easier to compare, you choose one DAP and cycle through different monitors, volume matched. And the same with DAPs, pick one pair of IEMs, and cycle through DAPs, again, volume matched. In my mind, that is the only way I can have a meaningful a/b comparison. But with headphones and desktop sources, seems like there are too many variables. Plus, I noticed, people describing amps while using different dacs and headphones, so I'm a bit confused... I usually attend CanJam NYC on Sat only to check iems, daps, cables, but thinking maybe next year will come back on Sunday just for headphones.
Difficult to test amp and DACs to be honest in CanJam. As you said, too many variables. For eg. In video Enleum amp was on Chord stack, HM-1 was with Weiss DAC which is like $9K DAC and then Bliss was on May stack. There is absolutely no way you can say how the amp performs unless you put them with same DAC and headphone.

I heard Feliks Envy AMP with Aurender A20 and with RME DAC and performance were miles apart so DAC has big role to play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back