CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #301 of 792
Is there a "BRING YOUR GEAR FOR POSSIBLE TRADING" area or plan? It would be fun to just bring some of your stuff and see what other people have. I'm ready to trade up some stuff.
If it's like last year, there's an area in the front with standing tables that probably would be good for that.

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #302 of 792
HMMM....should we start a WILLING TO TRADE CANJAM NYC thread?

People can list what they have and what they're interested in. Yeh?

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #303 of 792
HMMM....should we start a WILLING TO TRADE CANJAM NYC thread?

People can list what they have and what they're interested in. Yeh?

We usually just list in classifieds with mention of local sale at CanJam NYC.

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #304 of 792
Anyone else getting ‘Error processing checkout. Please try again‘ message when trying to purchase weekend Feb 25,26 tickets?
Got mine this past weekend without a problem.

Jan 26, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #305 of 792
Since this is my first rodeo, got a question on bringing personal audio gear into the CanJam area: When we check-in at registration is our gear tagged/marked or something that helps avoid confusion on ownership? If not, I'll use a gaudy tape wrap or tag.

Jan 26, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #306 of 792
Since this is my first rodeo, got a question on bringing personal audio gear into the CanJam area: When we check-in at registration is our gear tagged/marked or something that helps avoid confusion on ownership? If not, I'll use a gaudy tape wrap or tag.
If you're bringing gear in, you should tag it on your own to avoid confusion with anything that may be at one of the exhibitor's tables. That being said, usually people bringing their own gear for comparisons keeps their gear right by them.

Jan 26, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #307 of 792

It’s not a real issue. Bring your stuff and don’t worry about it. Everyone tends to be thoughtful. Many (most?) people bring some gear along. Just put it in your backpack when done and move on..:wink:

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #308 of 792
Also, remember to ask the vendors politely before unplugging gear and plugging it into yours. I remember one CanJam one individual decided to try to unplug a custom cable I had made for a Final Audio D8000 and didn't realize there was a locking connector there. Ended up breaking my cable 1 hour into CanJam Day 1!

So remember to ask before you unplug, as a small request from me :relieved:

I would say from my experience, lots of folks in varying levels from this hobby come to CanJam. From the guy new to audio and this is their first show, didn't bring anything and just will use what is on the table. To the audiophiles that might bring gear worth more that what I have on my table as their portable setup! To everyone in between.

Don't ever feel pressured to bring your own gear if you don't want as vendors will still have plenty on display for you. Just be nice, polite and courteous to us behind the table along with your fellow CanJam attendees. Turn down the volume for those listening gear after you as we all have our own preferred listening volumes.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 26, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #309 of 792
Also, remember to ask the vendors politely before unplugging gear and plugging it into yours. I remember one CanJam one individual decided to try to unplug a custom cable I had made for a Final Audio D8000 and didn't realize there was a locking connector there. Ended up breaking my cable 1 hour into CanJam Day 1!

Oudh!! That’s unfortunate. And darn near worthy of that person making the FBI’s Most Wanted list. Geeeez…

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #310 of 792
D8666E51-684C-4F4E-AD89-904B13C1637D.jpeg

Here it is!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRT1ZN7Q?cafId=a831c6c6-67e7-49fb-bf61-53618926e3f6

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #311 of 792

So remember to ask before you unplug, as a small request from me :relieved:

I would say from my experience, lots of folks in varying levels from this hobby come to CanJam. From the guy new to audio and this is their first show, didn't bring anything and just will use what is on the table. To the audiophiles that might bring gear worth more that what I have on my table as their portable setup! To everyone in between.

Don't ever feel pressured to bring your own gear if you don't want as vendors will still have plenty on display for you. Just be nice, polite and courteous to us behind the table along with your fellow CanJam attendees. Turn down the volume for those listening gear after you as we all have our own preferred listening volumes.
This is my first time going to CanJam as well. Will vendors have places to plug in our “portable” desktop units as well? I.e. something like a FiiO K7? It’s small enough to be considered “portable” but needs to be plugged into an outlet.

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #312 of 792
This is my first time going to CanJam as well. Will vendors have places to plug in our “portable” desktop units as well? I.e. something like a FiiO K7? It’s small enough to be considered “portable” but needs to be plugged into an outlet.
Only if the exhibitor wants to let you. Devices requiring an outlet may be a tough go, and I'd highly suggest something with a battery instead, as part of your portable rig.

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #313 of 792
Only if the exhibitor wants to let you. Devices requiring an outlet may be a tough go, and I'd highly suggest something with a battery instead, as part of your portable rig.
Ah ok. Sure. I have portable gear as well, so I guess I’ll stick with the alternatives. :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #314 of 792
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #315 of 792
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back