CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #271 of 792
Jan 23, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #273 of 792
Which headphones do you guys plan on bringing for reference?
Tough decision to narrow down but thinking it'll be my Atriums and Aeon-2 Noires. Getting some adapters for a FiiO DAP and should be ready to jam!. :thumbsup:
My wife is coming to help me navigate. She's been to city several more times than me and likes Carmine's Restaurant on 44th and Serafina's.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #274 of 792
John's in the Village is a good spot and close to Small's and the Village Vanguard

I don't know what's showing that weekend, but for anyone who's never been to a jazz show at the Village Vanguard (where some of the best jazz records in history were recorded live), I highly recommend it. The greatest still play there regularly, and it is a quintessential NYC music experience (in my very subjective local view:wink:)

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #275 of 792
My wife is coming to help me navigate.
Oh it's easy, 5th Avenue separates East and West. Everything towards the FDR is East and everything towards the West Side Highway is West. Lower the number, closer it is to 5th Avenue.

If you go too far South, you might as well keep going until you end up in Brooklyn.

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #276 of 792

Sony MDR Z1R and monarch mk2.

Going to bring both my DAPs (Sony WMA1M2 and Hiby R6 2020) for ease of A/B comparisons with all my test tracks pre loaded.

not a perfect set up, but I don't have perfect ears haha

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #277 of 792
Sony MDR Z1R and monarch mk2.

Going to bring both my DAPs (Sony WMA1M2 and Hiby R6 2020) for ease of A/B comparisons with all my test tracks pre loaded.

not a perfect set up, but I don't have perfect ears haha
As long as you know what the rig is capable of, it's perfect for A/B!

Some favorites, recent releases, and a nice surprise for everyone.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jan 24, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #278 of 792
Jan 24, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #279 of 792
Some favorites, recent releases, and a nice surprise for everyone.
you mean ……you mean…….

…….the hd800(s) headband padding is back in stock????

great news!

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #280 of 792
I say it’s a new HD200 model,
Coming out of Stealth to compete in the crowded lucrative TOTL arena…🤷‍♂️🤞

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #283 of 792
Sennheiser HE-1 Portable, comes with 12v Car Battery belt strap and backpack straps to carry all 21kg of the HE-1 on the go. We be electrifying :L3000:
So... it still weighs less than the 1266

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #285 of 792
Hope to see plenty of you guys there!

If you're on the fence about going: DO IT. Seriously Canjams are a huge amount of fun and you will be incredibly happy you did go.

A few tips for people if it's your first CanJam/Audio Event:

- Make a shortlist
Take a look at the website/exhibitors list and make a shortlist of everything you want to try. There usually won't be enough time to properly demo everything so make sure you get the stuff you really want to hear in first. Also a good plan to take a quick walk around to see what's there when you arrive in case there is something you spot that you didn't see on the website.

- There are usually good discounts at the show
Lots of companies run show-specials so if you are thinking of making a purchase in the near future, might be good to try to get cash together before the show as you will often be able to get stuff cheaper than usual if you buy at the show.

- Bring some of your own music on a phone or DAP
It's not uncommon for wifi to be spotty at events like these and so not all booths will be able to have Tidal/Qobuz etc up and running. If you have particular songs you know well and use to demo gear, make sure to bring those on your phone. Not all booths will let you plug your phone/DAP in but most are happy to let you do so. (Ask first!)

- Attend both days
Unless you absolutely cannot do both, I'd HIGHLY recommend you attend both days. Getting all the good stuff in within 2 days is already a bit of a challenge. If you only go for one day you'll have to be quite selective about what you demo.

- Bringing your own gear is recommended but not necessary
Most booths will have source gear and headphones, you don't 'need' to bring headphones to try stuff and you can always use what's there. But it can help to compare and evaluate stuff if you bring some gear you're familiar with.
Additionally, some booths might have a dozen headphones/IEMs but only a couple amps. So it can help to save time queuing if you have your own portable DAC/Amp to plug headphones into rather than waiting for the one at a booth to free up.

- CanJam is a social event as much as it is about the gear
This is the main reason I love these events. The gear is awesome, but getting to spend time with and talk to so many other audio enthusiasts and wonderful people is an absolute blast. Make friends, encourage others you know to go too, and remember that stuff doesn't finish as soon as the event itself closes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back