CanJam NYC 2022 Impressions Thread (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #62 of 489
dCS booth, Dan Clark Audio Ether 2 --> dCS Uris XLR output --> Roon. Very netural sounds nothing stands out or out of place, also my first time hearing either the dCS and Ether 2 no prior experience.
Is this a typo maybe, or is there a new dCS product at the show?

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #65 of 489
So... Stupid question. If a retailer says they'll take cash for something, do they mean physical bills? Or a check? Or PayPal? After $500, the ATM just laughs at me.
My ATM laughs at me and calls my wife! 😂

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #66 of 489
The ATM always laughs at me, calls the Wife and then prints the Divorce Papers ready for signing instead of a receipt! 😉

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #67 of 489
Having spent many hours at the registration desk I can tell you that there were way more than two women in attendance. Many of them as deeply into this hobby as their male counterparts.

and beautiful women at that with passion for sound. you can't have anything better than that. Women who truly understands your passion (and will allow thousands of dollars deducted from your bank because we love audio gears and music listening) :) love it

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #71 of 489
I focused on iems yesterday, about 10-15 in total.

My current dailys are EE Odin and 64 Audio Tia Trio (w/ ibasso dx300), I listen to primarily trance (edm) with some rap, pop, and metal mixed in.

Standouts for me:
Listen to all w/ my ibasso dx300

Vision Ears Elysium EXT: This bordered on being a basshead IEM, which works well with my play list, high quality/quantity bass and sub bass. That said, the mids had a great sense of weight to them, resolution/detail was top tier, background was clear, and everything coherent. Overall fun and energetic IEM. I owned the original Elysium for about a year and this retains some of what I liked (dynamic mids) while "fixing" a few of my personal gripes (bass quantity, overall texture/weight across the spectrum)

MMR Thummim: I was quite impressed by these. My exact (very crude) notes I took while listening: "clean, top tier detail, vocals good, very open Soundstage, but still really good dynamics, solid bass and subbass, really really good, up there w/ best"
What stood out to me most was the width of the Soundstage, I could actually place notes at different points in space around me which is something that typically only happens with full size headphones for me.

Oriolus Trailli: Crude notes again: "over headphone like staging, top tier res, possibly even greater, respectable bass, good dynamics, vocals forward when they're supposed to be, high energy, clean/coherent, very nice"

EE Legend X: Crude notes: "unparalleled bass, near top tier detail , not fatiguing like se, dynamics really good, partly due to bass....get one"
I'm seriously considering a custom pair with the show discount...if you listen to bassy music these feel like a must have guilty pleasure, just unabashed bass

I also had chance to try a couple full size headphones before I left for dinner, plan to focus on those today.

My current primary (pretty much only totl) full size headphone is the Focal Utopia w/ woo audio wa7

Standout:
Audeze CRBN: I was absolutely floored...I'll need to do more listening today to come up with anything intelligent to say. This was my first time listening to an estat and it was beautiful. Like listening to an OLED tv if that makes any sense, absolutely silent background. That said, it was unique in the sense that I think it'd be complementary to, but not replace a dynamic driver headphone for me personally. I might be in the market after I finish medical training next year.

Feb 27, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #72 of 489
I focused on iems yesterday, about 10-15 in total.

My current dailys are EE Odin and 64 Audio Tia Trio (w/ ibasso dx300), I listen to primarily trance (edm) with some rap, pop, and metal mixed in.

Standouts for me:
Listen to all w/ my ibasso dx300

Vision Ears Elysium EXT: This bordered on being a basshead IEM, which works well with my play list, high quality/quantity bass and sub bass. That said, the mids had a great sense of weight to them, resolution/detail was top tier, background was clear, and everything coherent. Overall fun and energetic IEM. I owned the original Elysium for about a year and this retains some of what I liked (dynamic mids) while "fixing" a few of my personal gripes (bass quantity, overall texture/weight across the spectrum)

MMR Thummim: I was quite impressed by these. My exact (very crude) notes I took while listening: "clean, top tier detail, vocals good, very open Soundstage, but still really good dynamics, solid bass and subbass, really really good, up there w/ best"
What stood out to me most was the width of the Soundstage, I could actually place notes at different points in space around me which is something that typically only happens with full size headphones for me.

Oriolus Trailli: Crude notes again: "over headphone like staging, top tier res, possibly even greater, respectable bass, good dynamics, vocals forward when they're supposed to be, high energy, clean/coherent, very nice"

EE Legend X: Crude notes: "unparalleled bass, near top tier detail , not fatiguing like se, dynamics really good, partly due to bass....get one"
I'm seriously considering a custom pair with the show discount...if you listen to bassy music these feel like a must have guilty pleasure, just unabashed bass

I also had chance to try a couple full size headphones before I left for dinner, plan to focus on those today.

My current primary (pretty much only totl) full size headphone is the Focal Utopia w/ woo audio wa7

Standout:
Audeze CRBN: I was absolutely floored...I'll need to do more listening today to come up with anything intelligent to say. This was my first time listening to an estat and it was beautiful. Like listening to an OLED tv if that makes any sense, absolutely silent background. That said, it was unique in the sense that I think it'd be complementary to, but not replace a dynamic driver headphone for me personally. I might be in the market after I finish medical training next year.
Nice impressions

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #74 of 489
wow! the show was nonstop all day. Thank you for stopping by to see us.

7DCB2148-78CF-4B29-9E0B-EF8E8937B786.jpeg

5CC48C60-6085-4E03-B0C2-E4826CC65ED5.jpeg

C7FD7298-994E-4555-BE7F-4C22E140703A.jpeg

B7349234-57D0-4AAA-8E41-EBC3A1AB422D.jpeg

FF8B2BCA-1073-42DA-821D-127B383D20B6.jpeg
6C992CBC-A1A2-42B2-B24D-3E4C573CB5DB.jpeg
I can't wait to get my WA22 this week hopefully! To me Woo Audio has some beautiful tube amps and from what i have read they sound awesome too ! This will be my first tube amp so I am excited. I am planning on attending So Cal on Sep 17th and 18th for my birthday! Hope to see Woo Audio there then.

I don't understand why so many like Burson - aren't they just an op amp-based headphone amp? Their rise in amp ranking baffles me. I have never heard them and don't particularly have any desire to listen to one.
Because they are great sounding amps. I have had the Soloist 3xp and now have the GT. I love both of them as do many many others.

Feb 27, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #75 of 489
Just picked up a DUNU Titan S at their show special price of $60! So worth it! 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back