CanJam NYC 2022 Impressions Thread (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #46 of 489
I had a chance to enjoy the Stealth from Dan Clark. I thought it was a very comfortable headphone with a warm and pleasent tone without noticing any peaks in the treble region. It's not a cheap headphone though.
That DCA room was packed every time I went near it. Maybe I'll hit it up early tomorrow. And I think Dan is doing a seminar tomorrow, which I'll be sure to catch.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #47 of 489
I wonder how the SR-X9000 will sound on eksonic diy T2.
Someone should make this happen as it’s so rare to have both this item on show.

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #48 of 489
Could someone list the dacs used?

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #52 of 489
So... Stupid question. If a retailer says they'll take cash for something, do they mean physical bills? Or a check? Or PayPal? After $500, the ATM just laughs at me.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #53 of 489
day 1: I heard Susvara, lcd-5, 1266 TC, & CRBN for the first time:

Susvara, plugged into a speaker amplifier the size of a toaster oven, barely got loud enough for me to hear the legendary detail everyone raves about. Absurdly power hungry, exactly as advertised I guess.

1266 TC was fun with incredible bass & wonky tuning, exactly as advertised.

lcd-5 is impressively tuned, but I expected more from the bass & dynamics. Sounded to me like a more mid-centric Arya.

The real winner of the day for me was Audeze CRBN. Whoa. Like, I may be rethinking my whole endgame plan.

Also:
  • Justin’s new 300B amp the Red October is spectacular. Nautilus is impressively thunderous, but Red October is just dripping with tube magic.
  • Unique Melody’s Indigo actually IS even better than MEST mkii. I don’t know what kind of voodoo magic Unique Melody is doing, but they are on fire. Also, I liked Indigo better than the Mason Fusang.
  • Ferrum Orr is probably the best solid state amp as I've ever heard.
I’ll be back tomorrow morning for more.
Check out Burson Soloist GT. I have it and love it. I almost bought the Oor.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #54 of 489
I don't understand why so many like Burson - aren't they just an op amp-based headphone amp? Their rise in amp ranking baffles me. I have never heard them and don't particularly have any desire to listen to one.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #55 of 489
So... Stupid question. If a retailer says they'll take cash for something, do they mean physical bills? Or a check? Or PayPal? After $500, the ATM just laughs at me.
I would guess that this would vary from retailer to retailer, depending on what payment systems they use.
I guess some would allow bank transfer or PayPal etc; the best thing is just to ask directly whichever retailer(s) you are interested in.
And maybe treat your wallet to some chamomile tea, to soothe its frazzled nerves :D

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #56 of 489
Anything new from Noble Audio?

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #58 of 489
Meze is coming out with a new model, I think it's called the 109 PRO and a major upgrade to the 99.

They said retail would be around $700-800 and it's well worth that price. Low end is nice and punchy, but really clear--mids were not fatiguing at all, reminiscent of an HD650.

Anyone here should definitely give them a listen!
The new Meze photographed a few posts down look nice.

If anyone here can check the size of their pads compared to the 99 that’ll be grand :wink:

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #59 of 489
I would guess that this would vary from retailer to retailer, depending on what payment systems they use.
I guess some would allow bank transfer or PayPal etc; the best thing is just to ask directly whichever retailer(s) you are interested in.
And maybe treat your wallet to some chamomile tea, to soothe its frazzled nerves :D
Thank you! Can't wait for them to laugh about me amongst themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back