CanJam NYC 2022 (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #106 of 619
Hi everyone,
This will be my first time attending a CanJam, in general, what I can I expect? I know its a very open and newbie question but...any reply is appreciated.

You can expect to enter a huge room with dangling crystals overhead and lose track of time until 5 minutes before closing when you realize that there are hallways on both sides of the main room leading to smaller rooms with even fancier headphones that you completely missed.

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #108 of 619
You can expect to enter a huge room with dangling crystals overhead and lose track of time until 5 minutes before closing when you realize that there are hallways on both sides of the main room leading to smaller rooms with even fancier headphones that you completely missed.
I've been to every CanJam NYC since the first year and I still find those ceiling decorations an odd choice. :p

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #109 of 619
I've been to every CanJam NYC since the first year and I still find those ceiling decorations an odd choice. :p

After you see that psychedelic carpet, you will forget about the ceiling :D

canjam_nyc_2020-61-CanJam_crowd-01.jpg

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #110 of 619
I've never ever once looked up in NYC and i've been there 4 years running (minus last year). I am always wow'd by the carpet.

Hi everyone,
This will be my first time attending a CanJam, in general, what I can I expect? I know its a very open and newbie question but...any reply is appreciated.

Definitely be sure to check out all the tables. It's very easy to have tunnel vision as your first time. You have vendors like MusicTeck and Bloom who will have a huge offering of various equipment to try. Its very easy to overlook desks. Manage your time wisely!

Dec 31, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #113 of 619
In just a few short hours we'll be one year closer to CanJam NYC 2022. I guess it's time to start planning my path of attack for the show. What gear is everyone looking forward to trying most?
FiR's new lineup, to hang out with my buddies at Empire Ears (it's been over 2 years!), and I wanna pick out a new desktop dac/amp to fly home with.

But realistically I'll do my best to see everything as always

Jan 1, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #114 of 619
Many of the vendors have set ups that use some type of music streaming (Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, etc.) so you can usually find the right music but you can bring your own music as well.

I also recommend bringing a small backpack for all the goodies and brochures you are sure to collect.
Any chance of Campfire passing out Andromeda IEM's?

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #115 of 619
This is the current exhibitor list with 3 months to go. We'll continue to update the list as more exhibitors join the show.

:gs1000smile:
I was chatting with Mr Lee from Elysian Acoustic Labs telling him that I was looking forward to meeting him at CanJam NYC since I thought I saw his company listed as an exhibitor. But, he told me he wasn't exhibiting, nor attending. He said he was only going to CanJam Singapore.

Is the Elysian Acoustic Labs listed on the exhibitor list different than the Malaysian Company with a similar name?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #116 of 619
OK they have worn me down . I would hate to miss another CanJam over the moronic mask mandate and Yes this is the last time I will say anything about it .
Flight and room are booked.
Excellent to hear. I'm still planning to attend and we'll need to grab a bourbon or whisky. Happy New Year!!

I am already on it. No decision either way so far...
Hope you can make it!

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #117 of 619
Excellent to hear. I'm still planning to attend and we'll need to grab a bourbon or whisky. Happy New Year!!
Happy new year @buke9 and @NovaFlyer
Still a chance I would join you guys for the drinks at CanJam...

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #118 of 619
Happy new year @buke9 and @NovaFlyer
Still a chance I would join you guys for the drinks at CanJam...
There is an Executive Lounge at the Marriott Marquis. If there are any Marriott Platinum Elite or higher members, the Happy Hours sport free drinks and Hors D'Ouevres. Unfortunately, the Lounge is closed on Sunday, but Fri and Sat should be good.

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #119 of 619
This will be my first year going and I'm very excited to see what it's all about. I assume we can bring our own headphones to audition other amps and sources, but can we also bring our amps to audition other headphones? Curious if there's any tables with power strips set aside for something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back