CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #106 of 596
Can tickets be purchased last minute? Does it ever sell out? This is a good way to listen to a lot of different audio setups, right? Is it only exhibitors bringing headphones etc for people to listen to or individuals as well?

You can show up and buy at the door. You can bring gear you want to test out on amps, dap's etc. Most of it are vendors, but plenty bring stuff and let others test it out

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #107 of 596
Is it only exhibitors bringing headphones etc for people to listen to or individuals as well?
I wouldn't bring a desktop setup, just some favorite cans and maybe portable daps/amps if you are really particular and want -your- source driving a vendor's HP.

There is a lounge section in the middle to relax, talk, listen to people's portable gear. But no folding tables with power run to it for attendee's rig setups like in a local meet. It's a Vendor show.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #108 of 596
Can tickets be purchased last minute? Does it ever sell out? This is a good way to listen to a lot of different audio setups, right? Is it only exhibitors bringing headphones etc for people to listen to or individuals as well?
It will not sell out. You can bring whatever you want to listen to no problem.

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #109 of 596
I wouldn't bring a desktop setup, just some favorite cans and maybe portable daps/amps if you are really particular and want -your- source driving a vendor's HP.

There is a lounge section in the middle to relax, talk, listen to people's portable gear. But no folding tables with power run to it for attendee's rig setups like in a local meet. It's a Vendor show.
Last year I went both days, the first day I was burned out after about 5 hours. The next, after like 3 hours I way done. How many headphones can you listen to before it all starts sounding the same? Your brain gets tired. In fact, by the time I had a chance to listen to the HiFiman Shangi-la, I wasn't interested, I just wanted to go home. It gets to be sensory overload after a while, at least for me.
This year i'm making a list of specifically what i want to listen to, so I can do it all first before burn out sets in!!!

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #110 of 596
This year i'm making a list of specifically what i want to listen to, so I can do it all first before burn out sets in!!!
That's the way to do it! :)
Also, take a 30-minute break from listening to stuff, eat something, and let your brain recover. Do that every 2-3 hours, and that would carry you through the day. Works for me at least...

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #111 of 596
That's the way to do it! :)
Also, take a 30-minute break from listening to stuff, eat something, and let your brain recover. Do that every 2-3 hours, and that would carry you through the day. Works for me at least...
Good suggestion

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #113 of 596
I'm new to this whole thing... My dap is on pre order right now, don't even have it yet lol. Just ordered some headphones. This show has me interested... I work a few blocks away... think I'm going to attend.
Youll have a blast

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #115 of 596
Awesome!

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #116 of 596
Signed up for this and booked my stay for 2 nights immediately upon it being announced. The NYC meet is the highlight of my year in terms of this hobby. Love it.
Where are you coming in from?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #117 of 596
What are you looking to eat?

Pizza without a doubt. Really just looking to grab food with other attendees that I've met over the last few CanJams! :beerchug:

I have been a member of Twizzlers Anonymous... Twizzler clean for 5 months and 13 days now... :wink:

Same here. No Twizzlers or Peppermint Patties since June. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #118 of 596
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #120 of 596
Signed up for this and booked my stay for 2 nights immediately upon it being announced. The NYC meet is the highlight of my year in terms of this hobby. Love it.

CanJam NYC 2019 was my first CanJam and had a blast - I'll be returning for 2020! Definitely take the advice in the past few posts from @szore and @Zachik - don't burn your ears, take a food break, and most of all talk with other attendees and vendors. I learned a ton. Junior's Restaurant and Bakery is just outside of the hotel - a great place to grab a snack during the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back