1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. m8o
    I wouldn't bring a desktop setup, just some favorite cans and maybe portable daps/amps if you are really particular and want -your- source driving a vendor's HP.

There is a lounge section in the middle to relax, talk, listen to people's portable gear. But no folding tables with power run to it for attendee's rig setups like in a local meet. It's a Vendor show.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. buke9
    It will not sell out. You can bring whatever you want to listen to no problem.

3. szore
    Last year I went both days, the first day I was burned out after about 5 hours. The next, after like 3 hours I way done. How many headphones can you listen to before it all starts sounding the same? Your brain gets tired. In fact, by the time I had a chance to listen to the HiFiman Shangi-la, I wasn't interested, I just wanted to go home. It gets to be sensory overload after a while, at least for me.
    This year i'm making a list of specifically what i want to listen to, so I can do it all first before burn out sets in!!!

NovaFlyer and joseph69 like this.
  4. Zachik
    That's the way to do it! :)
    Also, take a 30-minute break from listening to stuff, eat something, and let your brain recover. Do that every 2-3 hours, and that would carry you through the day. Works for me at least...

5. szore
    Good suggestion

6. Johnnynono57
    I'm new to this whole thing... My dap is on pre order right now, don't even have it yet lol. Just ordered some headphones. This show has me interested... I work a few blocks away... think I'm going to attend.

7. szore
    Youll have a blast

Johnnynono57 likes this.
  8. metal571
    Signed up for this and booked my stay for 2 nights immediately upon it being announced. The NYC meet is the highlight of my year in terms of this hobby. Love it.

9. szore
    Awesome!

10. szore
    Where are you coming in from?

11. NovaFlyer
    Pizza without a doubt. Really just looking to grab food with other attendees that I've met over the last few CanJams! :beerchug:

Same here. No Twizzlers or Peppermint Patties since June. :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Zachik likes this.
  12. szore
    If anyone wants the best fish and chips i know an irish pub...

https://goo.gl/maps/4iNCaR2H8HEs8yJL6

NovaFlyer likes this.
  13. metal571
    Jersey, or I probably wouldn't go lol, not a traveling kind of person but it's worth it for this

14. NovaFlyer
    CanJam NYC 2019 was my first CanJam and had a blast - I'll be returning for 2020! Definitely take the advice in the past few posts from @szore and @Zachik - don't burn your ears, take a food break, and most of all talk with other attendees and vendors. I learned a ton. Junior's Restaurant and Bakery is just outside of the hotel - a great place to grab a snack during the day.

Johnnynono57 and metal571 like this.
  15. metal571
    This'll be my 3rd now. Didn't know about that restaurant though, thanks for the tip

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last