CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #121 of 596
CanJam NYC 2019 was my first CanJam and had a blast - I'll be returning for 2020! Definitely take the advice in the past few posts - don't burn your ears, take a food break, and most of all talk with other attendees and vendors. I learned a ton. Junior's Restaurant and Bakery is just outside of the hotel - a great place to grab a snack during the day.
This'll be my 3rd now. Didn't know about that restaurant though, thanks for the tip

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #123 of 596
If you don't mind the walk... Pizza suprema at 8th and 33rd ( half a block from Penn and the giant post office) is just about the best slice you might find in NYC... Other than hopping a train to Ozone park/Howard beach for a well done slice at New Park Pizza
yeah

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #124 of 596
I said it before and will say it again :D, during the CanJam lunch break the BEST place to get food is right at the show, Marriott Marquis Hotel 8th floor food court where they have a fantastic $22 all-you-can-eat buffet with an excellent selection of food and deserts, like on a cruise ship. You are going to waste time and money going outside in a freezing cold, instead of going to food court for lunch, right there in a hotel :wink: It's like their best kept secret. Just be aware, once you get to a food court, they will NOT tell you about buffet. Instead, they will sit you down with a menu of $22 burger/fries. So, you gotta tell them you want buffet!

canjam_lunch_buffet-01.jpg

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #125 of 596
I said it before and will say it again :D, during the CanJam lunch break the BEST place to get food is right at the show, Marriott Marquis Hotel 8th floor food court where they have a fantastic $22 all-you-can-eat buffet with an excellent selection of food and deserts, like on a cruise ship. You are going to waste time and money going outside in a freezing cold, instead of going to food court for lunch, right there in a hotel :wink: It's like their best kept secret. Just be aware, once you get to a food court, they will NOT tell you about buffet. Instead, they will sit you down with a menu of $22 burger/fries. So, you gotta tell them you want buffet!

canjam_lunch_buffet-01.jpg
Sweeetttt

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #128 of 596
Dec 10, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #130 of 596
Such a shame. I never leave home without it.

Bud, I will buy one for you and bring it to the show lol!!!

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #132 of 596
This will be my first Can Jam! Do vendors sell stuff, or only demonstrate?
I know some do... Not sure if all. You can get ear impressions done, lot going on...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #133 of 596
Yup pizza supreme, thats what i told them last year...

You should get a group together and then you can pay this time. You can then choose any place you like, then people can come tell you you are wrong for choosing it, even though you were being kind and offering a free meal.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #134 of 596
You should get a group together and then you can pay this time. You can then choose any place you like, then people can come tell you you are wrong for choosing it, even though you were being kind and offering a free meal.
So it's all about free food? Thought you wanted the best...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back