CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #407 of 1,071
  Good to know, i really wanted to try that place one of these days. The last place i ate at that was not bad was Ruth's Chris in Atlantic City. 

Yeah, and don't bother with the Old Homestead downtown on 9th Ave and 14th St folks...in two words...

It Sucks. 

Another place that's gone the way of the Dodo...the quantity, service, and succulence are gone from that establishment too. I don't work for Keens...but all in all, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. 

Add to that there are some fun bars in the neighborhood if you're inclined to toss a few back...

Steve from NYC

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #408 of 1,071

Yeah, and don't bother with the Old Homestead downtown on 9th Ave and 14th St folks...in two words...

It Sucks. 

Another place that's gone the way of the Dodo...the quantity, service, and succulence are gone from that establishment too. I don't work for Keens...but all in all, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. 

Add to that there are some fun bars in the neighborhood if you're inclined to toss a few back...

Steve from NYC

I did a bunch of reading up on them. They are in fact highly recommended. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #409 of 1,071
I haven't been to a headphone fest in over ten years.  I'd love to go this one but I'm skeptical about the ability to really sit down and listen to gear without being distracted by all the noise.

Can anyone weigh in on this?  Is this the environment to critically judge a piece of equipment that one is considering purchasing?

-Mike

My take-it's fun to try out stuff, see all the stuff you've read about, but, at least at the meets I've been to (first CanJam in NY area in recent times), it's hard to do critical listening, noisy, lines to get to what you want to hear. Especially open cans are hard to evaluate. Having said that, you can get some ideas, know what you might like to hear if you have a dealer with some of these headphones you can go to (and, if you don't have any other way to audition, sure beats not listening at all).
Mostly it's just fun to see all this stuff you've read/heard about in 1 place. And you can get some info, but it's certainly a bit challenging.
I'll have fun anyway.

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #411 of 1,071
  So I'm actually going, which wasn't expected :)

I'd like a shirt too

echineko | XL | 1

Damn, you're traveling all the way from that location you have on profile ? Sheesh. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #412 of 1,071
And I complain about the trip from Joisey...

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #413 of 1,071
And I complain about the trip from Joisey...

Lol, if his location is accurate... That is one dedicated Headphone maestro. Lol the Nj Transit is all the traveling i can handle myself. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #417 of 1,071

Hey everyone, it's T-SHIRT TIME! 
L3000.gif

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size you want - all separated by pipes. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye|L|3
third_eye|S|1

T-Shirts are $30 each, and will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt orders is Friday, January 20. As a reminder, CanJam NYC volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them.

beerchug.gif

please reserve one medium size adult for me...thanks 

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #419 of 1,071
Jan 4, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #420 of 1,071

Nice!  Hope you have some extra time to explore NYC.  I guess those of us from NJ don't have to worry about jet lag interfering with the fun. 
rolleyes.gif

Ha! Nope...you guys get to play all weekend!

Steve from NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back