CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #392 of 1,071
  Sounds good brother. I'm just slowly planning my day out. I'm all over steak... Can't wait ! 

I'd put steak right up there with headphones, in terms of my interests.

Keens is great! I also love Lincoln Square Steak, if you are into the pursuit of dry aged. They are probably the best in Manhattan.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #393 of 1,071

Keens is great! I also love Lincoln Square Steak, if you are into the pursuit of dry aged. They are probably the best in Manhattan.

Haha, Yes i have to update that myself lol. Mmmmhmmmm. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #394 of 1,071

Absolutely. We've had great times at Quality Meats, but Keens is the spot as far as I'm concerned for fantastic meat in Manhattan. 

BTW...anyone looking for fantastic BBQ I recommend Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem...700 West 125th St. 

Don't worry, it's a very safe area...lol

Steve from NYC

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #395 of 1,071

Question. What is that Can jam logo in the signature about ? And how do i place the Ny one on mine ? Thanks. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #396 of 1,071
  Absolutely. We've had great times at Quality Meats, but Keens is the spot as far as I'm concerned for fantastic meat in Manhattan. 

BTW...anyone looking for fantastic BBQ I recommend Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem...700 West 125th St. 

Don't worry, it's a very safe area...lol

Steve from NYC

A friend of mines lives in Harlem. But i'm going to be on foot. So i'm pretty much stuck in the Manhattan area. It's easy to get lost in Subways and stuff. My experience is the roads of Ny, not the Subways and stuff. But thanks for the info about some good food locations. I'll keep it in mind for future reference. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #397 of 1,071
I find steaks make my ears sticky, much prefer headphones up there :D

Haven't gone to Keens, when I want to venture out of Joisey for steak, Peter Lugers has been my destination (but, have to shlep to Brooklyn for that).

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #399 of 1,071

They're badges that are given to members who attend specific events like CanJams. I've gone ahead and added the CanJam NYC badge to your account.

Sweet, Thank you. Finally starting to feel important around here lol. But on a serious note thanks. Can't wait to go. I will most likely spend an entire day there, Just like the Jacob javis center for the auto show. I can barely walk the next day from all the walking i do in there. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #402 of 1,071
I find steaks make my ears sticky, much prefer headphones up there
biggrin.gif

Haven't gone to Keens, when I want to venture out of Joisey for steak, Peter Lugers has been my destination (but, have to shlep to Brooklyn for that).

Believe me, PL is NOT what it used to be. My old man had his shop down the block from PL when I was growing up. We practically ate there once/twice a month...over the years it's gotten worse. The best PL is the one out on Long Island nowadays...

Steve from NYC

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #403 of 1,071
I find steaks make my ears sticky, much prefer headphones up there :D

Believe me, PL is NOT what it used to be. My old man had his shop down the block from PL when I was growing up. We practically ate there once/twice a month...over the years it's gotten worse. The best PL is the one out on Long Island nowadays...

Steve from NYC

Good to know, haven't gone in a while...when my 2 girls got old enough (and carnivorous enough) to have a full portion there, it became too expensive to go to PL with the whole crew. We also found a steak place in my town, Westfield NJ, Sweetwaters, that we like very much, and is 5 minutes from where we live, go there when we want to feast on dead animal flesh (and, we can ALWAYS feast on dead animal flesh)...:evil:

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #404 of 1,071
I haven't been to a headphone fest in over ten years.  I'd love to go this one but I'm skeptical about the ability to really sit down and listen to gear without being distracted by all the noise.

Can anyone weigh in on this?  Is this the environment to critically judge a piece of equipment that one is considering purchasing?

-Mike

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #405 of 1,071

Steve from NYC

Good to know, i really wanted to try that place one of these days. The last place i ate at that was not bad was Ruth's Chris in Atlantic City. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back