CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #106 of 1,071

You and your Ping Pong, if there is a pool table around, then we can talk. I would be the one sporting the champion titles in that game.

You'd have to make it to the events first, my friend. 
redface.gif

Yeah, I hope so. Could be an option for a Super Bowl Watch Party?

That would be great, I could check and see if SPiN can do something.  The prices for tables alone are among the highest I've seen in the world:

WALK IN OFF-PEAK: $19 per half hour// $29 per hour
WALK IN PEAK: $29 per half hour // $49 per hour
3 DAYS ADVANCED RESERVATION: $79 per hour
5 DAYS ADVANCED RESERVATION: $99 per hour.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #107 of 1,071
  Lombardis.

If it's within walking distance of other scrumptious pizzerias, then it's worth a visit! 
wink_face.gif
  Just asked my wife about the place, and she said Lombardis was "okay".  Her favorite place was Artichoke.  She also said the pizza places she went to didn't sell pizza by the slice.  

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #108 of 1,071
  Ooh, NY pizza, yes. Any recommendations that anyone can give for very good NY pizza that I must eat?

Here's a pic of my Chicago pizza when I attended AXPONA earlier this year:

We just got back from NYC.  On the way back from dinner, I was still hungry so we stopped at literal hole in the wall pizza joint, a few doors down from our hotel and I had a slice.  It was better than any place in Hawaii.  

I think you should go to Lombardi's.  We've eaten their twice and the pizza is excellent.  Its also the very first restaurant in the USA to make and serve pizza!  And Moe, it is in walking distance to the G-Shock store.   In fact you'll be walking in Little Italy which is next to China Town.  Great walk!

And one more thing,  NY Pizza rules and Chicago make believe pizza drools.  We gotta thing going between the 2 cities :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #109 of 1,071

We just got back from NYC.  On the way back from dinner, I was still hungry so we stopped at literal hole in the wall pizza joint, a few doors down from our hotel and I had a slice.  It was better than any place in Hawaii.  

I think you should go to Lombardi's.  We've eaten their twice and the pizza is excellent.  Its also the very first restaurant in the USA to make and serve pizza!  And Moe, it is in walking distance to the G-Shock store.   In fact you'll be walking in Little Italy which is next to China Town.  Great walk!

And one more thing,  NY Pizza rules and Chicago make believe pizza drools.  We gotta thing going between the 2 cities :)

I will definitely go if I can, as I want to try several places myself to choose the one that I love the most!

I can hopefully stop by the G-Shock store as well - it's basically the official mecca of the United States (even though the Forum Shops in Vegas has some world exclusives there as well).

Hope to see you at CanJam NYC if you can make it!  If not, maybe CanJam SoCal! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #111 of 1,071
Peter Luger in Brooklyn is where I'd go.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #114 of 1,071
  Gray's Papaya is pretty good for hotdogs and open 24 hours.  They taste best after 2 AM, IMHO. 
wink_face.gif

Are you after cheesesteaks, steak-steaks, or both?

I know about Papaya King from TV, Grays I haven't heard of until now. I was talking steak steak, but hey its NY, checking out all kinds of food would be great.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #115 of 1,071
Bring lots of cash if you go to Peter Luger... You can make it up eating the rest of your meals at Grays Papaya, a great got dog and cheap eats!

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #118 of 1,071
True, great Indian restaurants in the East Village and Lexington Avenue. Blue Smoke/The Jazz Standard is a great place for BBQ and jazz (natch). I liked Cafe Mogador on St Marks, Moroccan Cuisine. Liked Nizza, Italian, 9th Avenue theater district. Am inexpensive place was Mimi's Hummus on E14 St. There are so many places I haven't gotten to, and the turnover means some I liked may have closed.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #119 of 1,071
True, great Indian restaurants in the East Village and Lexington Avenue. Blue Smoke/The Jazz Standard is a great place for BBQ and jazz (natch). I liked Cafe Mogador on St Marks, Moroccan Cuisine. Liked Nizza, Italian, 9th Avenue theater district. Am inexpensive place was Mimi's Hummus on E14 St. There are so many places I haven't gotten to, and the turnover means some I liked may have closed.

Blue smoke is great! There is a Cuban restaurant
I really like but I can never remember the name. (Though I'm thinking it is something obvious, like Havana). They have yummy caipirinhas.

To head further off topic. Is that a labradoodle?

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #120 of 1,071

Blue smoke is great! There is a Cuban restaurant
I really like but I can never remember the name. (Though I'm thinking it is something obvious, like Havana). They have yummy caipirinhas.

To head further off topic. Is that a labradoodle?

Yup, his name is Ozzie. He's a smush!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back