CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #91 of 1,071
That's what I meant, 1 slice but go try a bunch of them. 11, I dunno though. :D I need to bring a whole pizza home. :beerchug:

I wouldn't be able to get through security with pizza, but you can get some at the airport once you pass security and take that pizza home.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #92 of 1,071
I wouldn't be able to get through security with pizza, but you can get some at the airport once you pass security and take that pizza home.

Gotta be a way just to put one in luggage, stack slices in containers or something. Come on man, when there is a will there is a way.
wink_face.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #93 of 1,071
Gotta be a way just to put one in luggage, stack slices in containers or something. Come on man, when there is a will there is a way. :wink_face:

JFK was pretty good about finding food and whatnot when I there on my way back from this year's CanJam London. Their scanners will find it. :wink:

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #96 of 1,071
You are not allowed to take food home? I have only flown twice in my life, the furthest was to Sacramento.

I don't check in luggage of my own and haven't tried to smuggle food in or out that way. Reading up on the rules, it looks like you can check in food. With regards to carry ons, in the specific airports I've been to, you can't bring some food and all drinks (even filled, closed containers), but you can bring unfilled bottles past security. Once you get past security, you can bring the food and drinks that you purchase at the airport restaurants, kiosks or vending machines - all that are located past security. This applies to the first leg of the flights back to your ending destination, as when I reached the Paris leg of my flight back from CanJam London, I had to throw away the food/drinks I was carrying with me before I could get through their security.

Here's some info (click each picture/screenshot to read much easier):

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #98 of 1,071
I have one piece of luggage, so it would be checked since its a decent size. I would get a pizza home if I wanted to try, I have confidence. :wink_face:

Then you should be good then. Wrap it up real nice so you won't be opening a "messy" surprise when you get back to SoCal. :D

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #99 of 1,071
  I saw Ethan lurking, he better not mess with our pizza talk, its relative.
cool.gif

LOL. I went to this place when I visited the hotel a few months ago, it was excellent and about a 5 minute walk from the Marriott Marquis. Only downside is that it's quite small and there is usually a wait.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/b-side-pizza-and-wine-bar-new-york

beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #100 of 1,071
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #102 of 1,071
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #103 of 1,071
Nice! We should definitely check out that spot.

Good news - pizza is at SPiN as well! Now if it tastes scrumptious is something else entirely...

You and your Ping Pong, if there is a pool table around, then we can talk. I would be the one sporting the champion titles in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back