CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #61 of 1,071
If you go downtown, Katz's Deli on Houston is a good place to get your cholesterol up (not fancy, but the food is still good last time I checked).
Haven't tried the new location, but the Second Avenue Deli was always great on 2nd Avenue, supposed to still be as good in it's new, Murray Hill Address.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #62 of 1,071
I suggest people who are attending send emails to companies they would like to see exhibit at CanJam NYC. I sent an email to PrimaLuna encouraging them to become an exhibitor so they can demonstrate the headphone amp capabilities of their DiaLogue Premium HP amp. Of course, don't send emails to companies that we already know normally exhibit. Just the ones we would like to hear but don't normally come to these shows. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #63 of 1,071
I'm planning on going as well, only a stone's throw away for me.

If anyone here plays pinball, let me recommend Modern Pinball, 3rd Ave between 26th and 27th. Fun little room with about 25 tables, pay per hour or get the day pass and come and go as you please. Also not far from the aforementioned Second Ave. Deli, which I enjoyed when I went earlier this year.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #69 of 1,071
Somewhere in NYC there has to be a T Shirt for sale...:D

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #72 of 1,071
I will be talking to the powers that be, I REALLY want to come. Already looking at jackets/coats I might need, even though I don't know yet if I am coming.
cool.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #73 of 1,071
The hubby may be on board with attending this.  My husband wears hearing aids and has 75% hearing loss in one ear (from a combo of being a Vietnam vet and a Jimi Hendrix concert), though he loves music as I do.  Would this still be enjoyable for him to attend? 

I'd love to find a setup that would allow him to have a great listening experience.  He can tell the difference between the good and crappy cans in my collection, but sadly we both think he is still missing out.  I'm hoping that if we go to this, I can have a great time and he might be able to find some gear that works for him.

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #74 of 1,071
  The hubby may be on board with attending this.  My husband wears hearing aids and has 75% hearing loss in one ear (from a combo of being a Vietnam vet and a Jimi Hendrix concert), though he loves music as I do.  Would this still be enjoyable for him to attend? 

I'd love to find a setup that would allow him to have a great listening experience.  He can tell the difference between the good and crappy cans in my collection, but sadly we both think he is still missing out.  I'm hoping that if we go to this, I can have a great time and he might be able to find some gear that works for him.

Thats tough to answer, if listening to gear is a hindrance, it might take the fun out of it. But then again, meeting people from here, events etc, might just make it worth while. I have a blast going to dinners or just meeting and helping people when I am working at shows.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #75 of 1,071

You're right here in NJ( just like me) so I would suggest that you go. I'll bet you'll both have a good time, and hopefully be able to hook your husband up with something. At the very least it'll be a new experience for you both, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back