CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #76 of 1,071
  You're right here in NJ( just like me) so I would suggest that you go. I'll bet you'll both have a good time, and hopefully be able to hook your husband up with something. At the very least it'll be a new experience for you both, no?

True. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  He is such a good sport about this little hobby....... he doesn't give me a hard time when he has to sign for a DHL package of 7 cheap Chinese IEMs, nor does he ask why I need that many, so I try not to push my luck, LOL. He can usually be bribed with the prospect of a nice meal and good wine, so l will plan to go, and hope to meet some of you there!

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #77 of 1,071
If he can hear the difference between the different cans in your collection, he's a good candidate for CanJam imo. You're not going to"fix" his hearing, but if he enjoys music and good sound, he's enjoy the show. I vote for going!

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #79 of 1,071

You folks from the Land of the Eternal Swimsuit should come prepared for some serious cold. :D

a75be4ff84264331d14ab9a1f2a18e65.jpg

I bought a jacket today, I have gloves and a scarf already. Jacket is from Costco, so if I don't end up using it, return is not as issue. I am going to be positive and say I will be there. I just want another badge and to try NY pizza, nothing else is really important.
wink_face.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #80 of 1,071
Ooh, NY pizza, yes. Any recommendations that anyone can give for very good NY pizza that I must eat?

Here's a pic of my Chicago pizza when I attended AXPONA earlier this year:

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #81 of 1,071
  Ooh, NY pizza, yes. Any recommendations that anyone can give for very good NY pizza that I must eat?

Here's a pic of my Chicago pizza when I attended AXPONA earlier this year:

Glad YOU asked, because I wasn't going to open those flood gates. You will hear Rays, Famous Rays Lombardis, just a few that I have looked into.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #82 of 1,071
John's in the Village is known for thin crust, must be a ton of joints that are newer, though. Don't get in from Jersey much as I used to...

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #83 of 1,071
John's in the Village is known for thin crust, must be a ton of joints that are newer, though. Don't get in from Jersey much as I used to...

John's is excellent!  The folks who are coming from areas where pizza is not such a serious thing really can't go wrong...... there is so much competition that everything has to be at least edible.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #84 of 1,071
Glad YOU asked, because I wasn't going to open those flood gates. You will hear Rays, Famous Rays Lombardis, just a few that I have looked into.

:normal_smile : I'd prefer first hand experience, but thanks for the recommendations! :beerchug:

Thanks for the recommendation!

John's is excellent!  The folks who are coming from areas where pizza is not such a serious thing really can't go wrong...... there is so much competition that everything has to be at least edible.

I'd rather not have at least edible, I'd rather have overall the best, as I more than likely won't have time to go and eat at more than one place.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #85 of 1,071
normal_smile .gif
I'd prefer first hand experience, but thanks for the recommendations!
beerchug.gif

I'd rather not have at least edible, I'd rather have overall the best, as I more than likely won't have time to go and eat at more than one place.

Understood.  I am a glutton, and don't understand why people limit themselves to 3 meals a day.  
wink_face.gif
  I would recommend John's if you like thin crust; you won't be disappointed.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #86 of 1,071
normal_smile .gif
I'd prefer first hand experience, but thanks for the recommendations!
beerchug.gif

I would totally be down for some pizza tasting run around. Of course if I go, one slice? Oh please.
wink_face.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #89 of 1,071
I would totally be down for some pizza tasting run around. Of course if I go, one slice? Oh please. :wink_face:

That's a good idea. Maybe we can go to a few places then and pick our own favorites. Walking distance between each eatery would be a plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back