CanJam New York 2024 Impressions Thread (March 9-10, 2024)
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #544 of 707
Some Notable headphone's I tried at CanJam NYC 2024
Tried a lot of stuff at CanJam this year, but as I often do I forgot to take any pictures. So instead of a full wrap up I figured I would just comment on some of the stuff that really impressed me.

Noble Onyx: Couldn't believe how good this was. I'm not usually into Noble stuff, or stuff with Bone Conduction Drivers, so when I sat down and got hit with the BASS it really took me by surprise. This sounds like how Unique Melody markets their Mest.
IE900: I've heard this a few times but for whatever reason I loved this this year. Maybe it's the tips, god bless spiral dots.
Ice Labs Prismatica (and gold): This was probably my longest demo at the event. Usually it only takes me a few minutes to decide if I like something or not, I probably demod Prismatica for 40 minutes (fortunately there was no line). Great stuff.
Letshoer EJ07M: Truly heinous looking but it was very pleasant. Surprised I haven't seen many talk about this little guy. Comfortable too. I liked this more than Cadenza 12.
Audio Technica AWKG: every single model of this on the showfloor sounded completely different. One of them sounded really really good though. Perhaps you should try and demo the one you buy before you buy it because something weird is going on, but the one good one I tried was awesome, superb texture and great dynamics.
Mass Kobo (the entire product line): All of the Mass Kobo Products rule, and are somehow worth the insane price tags associated. The 465 in particular blew my socks off with Subtonic STORM.
FIR E12: The Frequency Response of this looks awful but for some reason I'm really into this. I demod it 3 separate times and might get a custom version at some point, it really just fits my ears I guess.
T+A Solitaire T: I wish these weren't 1500 dollars because they actually sound kinda good. For a wireless headphone they are the direct upgrade to JBL Tune 710BT, and I will not elaborate on this.
Moondrop Dusk: Yeah these slap. For whatever price they are going to go for they will kill everything within 300 dollars. Great pretty much everything and they sound even better with the DSP cable. Props to Crinacle for making these work. Way smaller shells too, unlike blessing 2 dusk I might not have to sell these ones.
Dunu Mirai: Kinda the best for last? I tried these at Canjam Dallas 2023 and wasn't into these but apparently these are just the most tip dependent IEMs ever made. I tried these with some good tips and they shocked me. I almost bought a set, and still might at some point. Unfortunately I have my eyes set on IE900 for now.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #545 of 707
Project M vs Pilgrim tuning?🙄

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #546 of 707
Did anyone listened to HeadAmp Grand Cayman DHT Electrostatic Amp ? I have a BHSE and I am considering "upgrading it" to Justin's new baby !

They did make one specifically for Narukami, but similarly to what @Frankie D said, a lot of folks who auditioned it said it’s better with different headphones! I’d love to try it with different cans if I ever get to hear it again :)
thanks

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #547 of 707
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #548 of 707
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #550 of 707
Mar 16, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #553 of 707
Did anyone listened to HeadAmp Grand Cayman DHT Electrostatic Amp ? I have a BHSE and I am considering "upgrading it" to Justin's new baby !

thanks
I tried it, and it was absolutely marvelous. It was set up with Stax X9000 and Mytek Empire Streamer DAC. The soundstage was expansive, lush, and detailed without being bright. One of the best static amps I’ve ever auditioned.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #554 of 707

Users who are viewing this thread

Back