CanJam London 2019 (July 27-28, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #136 of 253
This will be my first CanJam and I'm particularly interested in trying out a bunch of IEMs - should I bring my own tips or anything like that? What's the protocol with trying out IEMs? Made an account just to ask this :grimacing:

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #137 of 253
This will be my first CanJam and I'm particularly interested in trying out a bunch of IEMs - should I bring my own tips or anything like that? What's the protocol with trying out IEMs? Made an account just to ask this :grimacing:

It's a good idea to bring your own if you have any, especially if you have a preference to which ones you like. It'll be hard to cover all dimensions of ear tips that you might need though, but its a good gesture to have some of your own. Looking at coverage of the SoCal CanJam most IEM's i saw there didn't have any attached so i'm not sure how much stock and what kind were available.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #138 of 253

Manufacturers will generally speaking provide their own tips for your consumption.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #139 of 253
My recommendation is to head for HiFi Headphones first, as in the past they have had Final E-Type tips to give away, which I personally think are the best tips on Earth. Someone will have Comply, someone will have Dekoni, someone will likely have Spinfit.

In other words you probably don't need to bring tips. I bring alcohol wipes (sealed single type)because I just use the tips that are there.

What you should bring is your current IEM and DAP. Don't worry too much beyond that. Have fun! Sorry for your wallet!

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #140 of 253
Hé only a few days to London, can't wait ..
Hope to share some photo's and tell more after!!!

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #141 of 253
As stated many manufacturers do provide tips for testing IEM's however I have mostly found that they tend to have medium/small sized tips only with my need for large I take a selection of Comply Tips (varying bore sizes), which I bring along for my own comfort and peace of mind.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #142 of 253
My recommendation is to head for HiFi Headphones first, as in the past they have had Final E-Type tips to give away, which I personally think are the best tips on Earth. Someone will have Comply, someone will have Dekoni, someone will likely have Spinfit.

In other words you probably don't need to bring tips. I bring alcohol wipes (sealed single type)because I just use the tips that are there.

What you should bring is your current IEM and DAP. Don't worry too much beyond that. Have fun! Sorry for your wallet!

Well we're not going as HiFiHeadphones this year, we are instead representing Campfire Audio. However we will have Final E tips, and we will also have Spinfit tips but only have M size tips from them.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #144 of 253
It's a good idea to bring your own if you have any, especially if you have a preference to which ones you like. It'll be hard to cover all dimensions of ear tips that you might need though, but its a good gesture to have some of your own. Looking at coverage of the SoCal CanJam most IEM's i saw there didn't have any attached so i'm not sure how much stock and what kind were available.

Manufacturers will generally speaking provide their own tips for your consumption.

As stated many manufacturers do provide tips for testing IEM's however I have mostly found that they tend to have medium/small sized tips only with my need for large I take a selection of Comply Tips (varying bore sizes), which I bring along for my own comfort and peace of mind.

Thanks for all the helpful tips everyone. I am pumped!

Well we're not going as HiFiHeadphones this year, we are instead representing Campfire Audio. However we will have Final E tips, and we will also have Spinfit tips but only have M size tips from them.

That's good news for me - the CA Andromedas are one of the IEMs I'm most interested in trying.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #145 of 253
Does this mean @KB and his team are not coming?

Sadly they won't, but don't worry we will give you guys the authentic Campfire experience :wink:

Thanks for all the helpful tips everyone. I am pumped!

That's good news for me - the CA Andromedas are one of the IEMs I'm most interested in trying.

They are one of my all time favourites.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #146 of 253
@third_eye
Just noticed Sony are not on the list.. Do you know if they have any plans to attend, or have any exhibitors demo-ing their product range? :)

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #148 of 253
Does this mean @KB and his team are not coming?

Hey KEV G,

Sadly I can not make it this year, however our distributors table will have our full line up and our full support. Our very awesome partners in the UK, KS Distribution http://www.ksdistribution.co.uk

We sent our full kit of display demos and promo gear for the KS booth and we do hope you can pop by and have a listen.

Cheers,

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #149 of 253
@third_eye
Just noticed Sony are not on the list.. Do you know if they have any plans to attend, or have any exhibitors demo-ing their product range? :)
This often happens at the London CanJam for whatever reason. There are often big name brands missing without any real explanation. Some companies appear to support the US shows, Asia and even other events in Europe. Astell & Kern would be a prime example. Sennheiser another. This is my 3rd year so fingers crossed for this years list of exhibitors

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #150 of 253
Guys, we have a couple of volunteer slots still available for next weekend. Please send me a PM if interested!

CanJam Volunteers
In addition to our official CanJam Event Staff, we will be looking for several volunteers to help us out at the Registration Desk during the show. You will need to be able to commit to a half-day (4 hours) on either Saturday or Sunday. CanJam Volunteers will receive a free weekend pass along with a CanJam London 2019 T-Shirt. If interested, please send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back