CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #646 of 688
Not sure but just got out of customs. They asked me like 50 questions with writing, photographed me multiple times and I waited to get interviewed multiple times from multiple officers. If anyone says I don't love most all things Head-Fi, then they are sorely misinformed.

Breathe in, breathe out...

See y'all soon!

The Brits made you stand in front of a height measurement wall holding your gear ? No seriously, I'm sorry to hear that they gave you a hard time M. Hope you'll have some extra fun tonight, enjoy, see you this weekend

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #647 of 688
Under Boris and May your lucky to get in at all!

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #649 of 688
Remember the seminar post #521

Yes, thanks for the reminder. The seminars are really worthwhile to attend as they provide great insight and the opportunity to ask all your questions. Here is the schedule once again. They will be held in Plaza Suites 12-13 on the Lower Ground Floor of the hotel.

Seminars Schedule (on both days at the same times)

1:30pm - 2:30pm  Headphone Selection 101
Are you new to the hobby and don’t know where to start? Having a difficult time finding the best headphone or IEM for you needs? Not sure which amp, DAC, or DAP is right for you? Have your questions answered in this interactive discussion panel and then hit the show floor to demo those recommendations right away! Featuring Jude Mansilla from Head-Fi.org, Chris Martens from HiFi+, and Warren Chi from Cavalli Audio.

3pm-4pm  The Dynamics Strike Back 
After years of domination by planars, dynamic-driver headphones are finally making a comeback. Join a panel for experts from Beyerdynamic and Focal - with special guest Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) providing counterpoints - as we cover this dynamic renaissance, and explore the future of headphone driver technology. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #650 of 688
I'm bringing my Onkyo DP-X1 if anyone wants to try it out, I'm sure there will be indeed other owners at the event as well

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #651 of 688
Well, i thought i was going, mixing it with a business trip, and now they are squabbling over budget, so who knows if i will make it.  I really wanted to try some of the DAPs i have been reading about, like the DX-P1, the X7, etc.  if i dont make it, ill be choosing deaf i guess, without hearing anything.  crappy

RL

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #652 of 688
Looks like we've brought out the nice weather for our overseas friends...

Fingers crossed that those coming in on Eurostar or Southern trains don't have too many issues.

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #653 of 688
Indeed, hopefully everything will be okay for our European chums! Really scummy having a strike during the summer holidays, the next one is even worse as well being on the bank holiday weekend! Getting pretty sick of strikes and poor train service as I use Southern every day... Well try to anyway!

Aug 12, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #654 of 688
I'm looking forward to my first Canjam. I will be there on Sunday. I am interested in the new dynamics from focal, Mr speakers and Beyerdynamic as well as the chord Dave (I love my Mojo to bits). Can't wait to hear the HE1 too.

I will bring my Tera player.

Ade

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #655 of 688
BTW, if anyone is driving like me, there is no congestion charge on Sundays (or Saturdays) AND lots of parking spaces are free. Get there early (<8am) and you should be OK for free parking all day. Southwark's pretty good for parking and only a short walk along Southbank to the hotel.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #658 of 688
  For those attending CanJam London 2016 this weekend:

1.) Is this an additional prize that Sennheiser is giving away or the same one as the one for the CanJam SHaG?

2.) What if someone uses neither Twitter nor Instagram?

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #660 of 688
Funny how close I am to the venue...

This image is after a 20 minute walk from my office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back