CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #661 of 688
Not far myself, work at Battersea Power Station so going to be walking to the hotel after I finish work :D

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #662 of 688
For lovers of classical music, the BBC Proms is currently on and there are concerts every evening at the Royal Albert Hall (near South Kensington tube station). Don't worry if you can't buy tickets online as there are always very affordable prom tickets (standing tickets) sold for 6 quid each on the day which you have to queue for (usually around 45-90 mins before the concert). More info about the concerts and related events here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms . I'm planning to go to the 19:30 concert on Sunday (14th August) right after CanJam ends so feel free to tag along!

Also there's a pretty cool record shop called Gramex very near the CanJam venue ("We are based at 104 Lower Marsh, Lambeth, London, SE1 7AB, near Waterloo Station" - from their website) which buys and sells Classical and Jazz DVDs, CDs and LPs. They're open today and tomorrow (but not on Sunday) from 11am-7pm. More info about the shop here: http://www.gramex.co.uk/ . Gonna bring some of my classical CDs to sell to them during this trip to London . Do send me a private message (can provide more details and photos) if you might be interested in buying some of my CDs before I sell them to Gramex.

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #663 of 688
  For lovers of classical music, the BBC Proms is currently on and there are concerts every evening at the Royal Albert Hall (near South Kensington tube station). Don't worry if you can't buy tickets online as there are always very affordable prom tickets (standing tickets) sold for 6 quid each on the day which you have to queue for (usually around 45-90 mins before the concert). More info about the concerts and related events here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms . I'm planning to go to the 19:30 concert on Sunday (14th August) right after CanJam ends so feel free to tag along!

Also there's a pretty cool record shop called Gramex very near the CanJam venue ("We are based at 104 Lower Marsh, Lambeth, London, SE1 7AB, near Waterloo Station" - from their website) which buys and sells Classical and Jazz DVDs, CDs and LPs. They're open today and tomorrow (but not on Sunday) from 11am-7pm. More info about the shop here: http://www.gramex.co.uk/ . Gonna bring some of my classical CDs to sell to them during this trip to London . Do send me a private message (can provide more details and photos) if you might be interested in buying some of my CDs before I sell them to Gramex.

Thank you for this info , i'll make sure to check it out. Are there similar shops between the venue and St Pancras International station ?
General question : will there be free Wi-Fi available at the venue for uploading pictures or reviews ?

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #664 of 688
  Thank you for this info , i'll make sure to check it out. Are there similar shops between the venue and St Pancras International station ?
General question : will there be free Wi-Fi available at the venue for uploading pictures or reviews ?

I'm not sure, but there should be several other smaller (used) record shops in the area which you should be able to locate with a quick Google search. However, Gramex is supposed to be the one with the biggest selection of used classical (and some jazz) CDs in London if not in the whole of the UK, and the owner Roger is a really nice old man (who knows a lot about opera).

As for Wi-Fi at the venue, I have no idea...Perhaps one of the organizers would know?

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #665 of 688
Here are some of my classical (and a few non-classical) CDs that I'll be bringing to London. Send me a message if anyone is interested in any of these CDs. Prices starting from £1. :D

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #669 of 688
@third_eye
 : will there be wi-fi available at the venue to upload pictures or impressions ?

There is in the rooms as I am in one now not sure about the rest of the building though.

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #674 of 688
Indeed, hopefully everything will be okay for our European chums! Really scummy having a strike during the summer holidays, the next one is even worse as well being on the bank holiday weekend! Getting pretty sick of strikes and poor train service as I use Southern every day... Well try to anyway!

dont the french go on strike every summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back