CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #76 of 688
I'm really interested in coming to this. Is it mainly an opportunity to trial new kit or is there other stuff going on as well?

Also, although I love hifi I am on a budget, is the kit demoed at these things suitable for a variety of budgets or is it aimed at those happy to drop several hundred, or thousands, of pounds on high-end kit?

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #77 of 688

That HyperDynamic though... 
basshead.gif

Don't even get me started!
beyersmile.png

I've sent 'Third_Eye' a PM volunteering again this year, hope I haven't missed the boat lol.
Can't wait to see you all again and this time actually *listen* to all the gear being demo'd (now that I'm more 'knowledgeable' about all things audiophile)
beerchug.gif

I'd love to have the new CanJam avatar please!

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #78 of 688
  I'm really interested in coming to this. Is it mainly an opportunity to trial new kit or is there other stuff going on as well?

Also, although I love hifi I am on a budget, is the kit demoed at these things suitable for a variety of budgets or is it aimed at those happy to drop several hundred, or thousands, of pounds on high-end kit?

From my experience last time, there's surely lots of budgets catered for.
Of course, the term 'budget' is extremely relative, but I recall high quality gear from £100+ all the way up to the stratosphere (Sennheiser Orpheus, I'm talking to you!)
wink.gif

Was there anything specific you were looking for, e.g. IEM"s, DAP, DAC etc?
Then myself and others might be able to advise you accordingly :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #79 of 688

Yes, absolutely. There are products that cater to ALL budgets and the great thing about CanJam is the possibility to demo so many different types of products in one place. Many exhibitors will also provide Show Specials for products purchased at the show. 

Don't even get me started!
beyersmile.png

I've sent 'Third_Eye' a PM volunteering again this year, hope I haven't missed the boat lol.
Can't wait to see you all again and this time actually *listen* to all the gear being demo'd (now that I'm more 'knowledgeable' about all things audiophile)
beerchug.gif

I'd love to have the new CanJam avatar please!

I got you down! Will respond via PM shortly. 

beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #80 of 688
Who's in for going to the Great British Beer Festival the day before this kicks off? I know I'm game.

http://gbbf.org.uk/

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #81 of 688

Even the poor can get great stuff. RHA will be there, and I'm sure Jaben will be around too. :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #83 of 688
Apr 13, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #84 of 688
The good thing about any event in London, are within reason, travel links are quite good, so if looking for a hotel there is no real need to be right on top of the venue, Google is your friend
Use Google maps to locate the venue and search for hotels within something like a 10 mile radius, this could reduce the cost of your stay that and booking early with some of the larger hotel chains can also offer good discounts.

Above all this the venue is near Waterloo station one of the capitals main line stations.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #85 of 688
@glassmonkey Did someone say beer? I'm in!

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #86 of 688

You will usually have the best of both worlds, show discounts are the norm and all budgets usually catered for.

I'll try to keep my credit card locked away this time and look mostly at the stuff I can only dream of buying, but maybe able to demo for a change.
L3000.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #90 of 688
Have heard of Bounce, a new venture a few years back merging bar and TT, sounds interesting.

I have a blade specially made (in Germany) for the long pips I use (Grass D.Tecs no sponge) on the back-hand, slow control for drop shots. But fast on Forehand side for Yasaka Rakza7. Used Tenergy for a year, but too fast and unforgiving for me, and costly at £57 a sheet! Maybe hotel has a games room with a table although its not common in England!

I have pretty good control with my Tenergy 05 as my forehand (they have a bunch of versions that may or may not suit the player). It works well with my Viscaria blade (Arylate, Carbon Fiber, Koto and Balsa woods) since it's so lightweight and works well with the heavy Tenergy. Smashes are easier for me as well. I do agree the Tenergy is very expensive, but once you get into custom rackets and individual rubber sheets, you may be paying hundreds of pounds or dollars! Backhand is I believe a Roundell (I've used Shriver and another one since my backhand was the one area I wanted to get better). Only thing I want now is a robot of my own so I can practice scenarios, I can't have third_eye around all of the time for high-level play - hehe.

Don't even get me started! :beyersmile:
Can't wait to see you all again and this time actually *listen* to all the gear being demo'd (now that I'm more 'knowledgeable' about all things audiophile) :beerchug:

Right? My gracious.

Looking forward to seeing you again as well, my friend!

I mean, the fact you thought to just stick them on his head and get a picture is just so cool.

I can't speak for Ethan (okay maybe a little), but he wanted Gordon to be introduced to the headphones that he stated were some of the best sounding (and expensive) around. I thought about adding Gordon and I to my QP1R review, but knew that I should only add him in if I could get him to hold the QP1R in his hand. He was a little perplexed at first, but honored my request to wear the HE1000 and hold the QP1R in his hand. :normal_smile :

Yeah, he was so super friendly as well. Just seemed like a very cool guy.

Definitely agree. You know he was training for an Iron Man that he took part in a couple of weeks later! That was why he looked so fit to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back