CanJam Global 2023 General
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #61 of 146
Haven't been to Chicago since ZMFestivus II (in 2019) and cannot remember how many years since I have been to Dallas... :thinking:
With 4 domestic CanJams - I may need to start moonlighting for an airline :airplane:

Chicago this year was so great! not the biggest show, but the nicest, coolest vibe with lots of time to test to one's heart's content... I'll be back next year for sure barring any unexpected conflict..

and, just booked NYC... local turf.. looking forward to seeing all of you guys... :)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #65 of 146
Hype!

And seconding the question about ZMF. I want to try owning one, but don't know which one to get. Would be cool if I can try a bunch before deciding.

As someone who owns a few, I can't recommend them enough. A wonderful headphone builder - great product, great people, great community on top (and very easy to sell if you ever change your mind; they retain their value very well)

Oct 16, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #66 of 146
As someone who owns a few, I can't recommend them enough. A wonderful headphone builder - great product, great people, great community on top (and very easy to sell if you ever change your mind; they retain their value very well)
I briefly tried the VO's at this year's NYC Canjam, but I'd like to hear some of the other stuff in their line up.

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #67 of 146
I briefly tried the VO's at this year's NYC Canjam, but I'd like to hear some of the other stuff in their line up.

I'm pretty sure they'd come, but this is based on an intelligent guess and not knowledge.. let's see! (at any event, I'm sure a bunch of their headphones will be used by exhibitors and brought by users)

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #68 of 146
CA was awesome! Looking forward to NY!

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #70 of 146
i see you own the VC and Atrium. Just curious which one do you like more

Oh no you didn't... :darthsmile:

This is like asking which of my kids I love more. They are both awesome, but so different from each other (true! both!! :ksc75smile:)

TLDR (and bit off optic to thread) - VC is bit faster and punchier, Atrium has beautiful decay that creates a lush sound and sider sound stage. Relative to each other, Atrium's mids are a bit more forward and treble is a touch more present (but I'd call both slightly warmer than neutral, which is ZMF house sound). For closed-back use case, VC is very isolating, and is an open-feeling closed back headphone. Either way, if you get one, you will probably get the other a year or two later... :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #71 of 146
Oh no you didn't... :darthsmile:

This is like asking which of my kids I love more. They are both awesome, but so different from each other (true! both!! :ksc75smile:)

TLDR (and bit off optic to thread) - VC is bit faster and punchier, Atrium has beautiful decay that creates a lush sound and sider sound stage. Relative to each other, Atrium's mids are a bit more forward and treble is a touch more present (but I'd call both slightly warmer than neutral, which is ZMF house sound). For closed use case, VC is very isolating, and is an open-feeling closed back. If you get one, you will probably get the other a year or two later... :wink:
Sounds like Atrium is for me :)

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #72 of 146
2023 Shows Main.jpg

We're excited to announce our full CanJam Global 2023 show schedule, including a new CanJam show in Dallas, Texas!

Just a few short weeks ago, we closed out the 2022 show calendar year with CanJam Socal 2022 (impressions here) and I'm pleased to report that it was the largest ever CanJam both in terms of exhibitor count and visiting attendees! In addition to the many new product releases being shown for the first time, the positive energy and enthusiasm was palpable, and made for a truly unforgettable experience.

In 2023, Head-Fi.org will host thousands of headphone audio enthusiuasts at its CanJam shows in NYC, Singapore, Chicago, London, SoCal, and Dallas. This thread is a general thread for CanJam Global 2023. We will also be posting individual show threads for each event so stay tuned! Be sure to subscribe, save the dates, make your travel plans, and get read to #ListenLikeNeverBefore

CanJam NYC 2023 - February 25-26, 2023
CanJam returns to the Big Apple for its 6th edition at the fabulous and recently renovated New York Marriott Marquis in iconic Times Square. Visitors will be able to take in all of the fantastic energy in the city that never sleeps.

CanJam Singapore 2023 - March 25-26, 2023
CanJam Global returns to Singapore for the 6th edition of CanJam Singapore, Southeast Asia's premier headphone audio show. CanJam Singapore 2023 will take place at the Pan Pacific Singapore in Marina Square.

CanJam Chicago 2023 - June 24-25, 2023
We're pleased to announce the 2nd edition of CanJam Chicago! CanJam Chicago 2023 will take place at the recently renovated Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. The hotel is conveniently located only 15 minutes from O'Hare International Airport, and is adjacent to the Woodfield Mall, the largest in the state of Illinois.

CanJam London 2023 - August 19-20, 2023
CanJam London 2023 will return to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in the heart of Central London for its 7th edition. Moments away from Big Ben, the London Eye, and the London Aquarium, CanJam London visitors are within walking distance of the city’s most notable attractions.

CanJam SoCal 2023 - September 30-October 1, 2023
CanJam SoCal gears up for its 8th edition at the recently renovated Irvine Marriott. Minutes away from South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and Disneyland. Visitors to CanJam SoCal will get to experience Southern California at its finest.

CanJam Dallas 2023 - November 11-12, 2023
We're excited to announce CanJam Dallas 2023! CanJam Dallas 2023 will take place at the recently renovated Dallas/Addison Quorum by the Galleria, conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas and just 20 minutes from DFW airport.. Experience the best shopping and entertainment in the Dallas Metroplex area at the Dallas Galleria.

Stay connected with CanJam Global

www.canjamglobal.com
www.facebook.com/canjamglobal
#ListenLikeNeverBefore

Global 23_seal_2.png
I appreciate the expense to stage these shows. That said, I'd like to see shows within a 2 hour drive of everybody in the US.

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #74 of 146
That's impossible
Maybe, but one could offer the same hardware, especially phones, to more people, in some sort of abbreviated tour. Maybe staged at a good vendor.

I'd come and see this (abbreviated) show at Moon Audio in Cary, NC.

Oct 17, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #75 of 146
Can't wait for NYC. Is ZMF going to come to this one? I really want to hear the Atrium, Auteur Classic and VO. So hard choosing which one
I want to try owning one, but don't know which one to get. Would be cool if I can try a bunch before deciding.
I'm pretty sure they'd come, but this is based on an intelligent guess and not knowledge

Barring a strange and unforeseen event, I'm pretty sure ZMF will at CanJam NYC... along with their recent headphones like the Atrium, Auteur Classic, and Caldera... all of which were launched after last year's CanJam NYC so I an understand y'all's desire to get caught up with their entire line-up. :relaxed:

That said, I'm pretty sure the biggest splash could be centered around the as-of-yet-unannounced new ZMF that might be launched at CanJam NYC 2023, maybe. Oops, did I just say that out loud? #treasel :stuck_out_tongue:

One thing I can say for sure, if you are interested in auditioning a ZMF, be sure to dedicate enough time to make repeat visits to their exhibit, or even just camp put there for a while. Based on how busy they were at CanJam SoCal 2022, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to just sit down and listen at will. :open_mouth:

11865477.jpeg

11865480.jpeg

Those were taken within the first hour of the show on Saturday, and it was like that for most of the entire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back