CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,231 of 1,303
Hi everyone! We'll have 10 ETHER 2s at the show. Check them out in our booth 64.65, our quiet(er) room 538, and at Chord Audio, Ampsandsound, WooAudio, and others. And the price is lower than I think people expected, $1,999.99.

Loved the Ether Flows so can’t wait to hear them. Still love my Ether-C’s also. See you there Dan.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,232 of 1,303
Until I saw the preview video I was just a excited, now I'm stoked and ready to go, thanks Jude.

Oct 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,234 of 1,303
What time can badges be picked up today?

Friday: PRESS ONLY: 10am-noon; ALL: noon-6pm
Saturday: 9am-6pm • Sunday: 10am-4pm
Denver Marriott Tech Center, 4900 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237 • 303-779-1100

When I get there I just look for the line... which forms before noon.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,235 of 1,303
Friday: PRESS ONLY: 10am-noon; ALL: noon-6pm
Saturday: 9am-6pm • Sunday: 10am-4pm
Denver Marriott Tech Center, 4900 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237 • 303-779-1100

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,237 of 1,303
Quick question as I'm packing for the weekend.

How many looks would I get if I brought my laptop with me to try headphones out with my portable setup? It's simply a dragonfly dac/amp connected via usb to my laptop which is a thin 16 in. I'm more of an IEM guy so will be focused on those booths.

Thanks for helping a noob out!

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,238 of 1,303

How many looks would I get if I brought my laptop with me to try headphones out with my portable setup? It's simply a dragonfly dac/amp connected via usb to my laptop which is a thin 16 in. I'm more of an IEM guy so will be focused on those booths.

It's not terribly uncommon for folks to whip out their own Daps, laptops a little more uncommon.

I would say just be cognizant of your surroundings. If the booth is super busy probably not the best to to ask if you can use your laptop. If it is slower and made a spot open, ask away.

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #1,239 of 1,303
At 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., in the Marriott Aspen Amphitheater, Lobby Level, there is a panel discussion titled:

Digital Signal Processing (DSP) In Headphones: Stigma or Solution?

With technology advancing at a relentless pace, acoustic pioneers are now incorporating innovative DSP methods in their quest to offer us greater fidelity — and more. This begs the question: Can DSP improve the listening experience for dyed-in-the-wool audio purists? Join these industry leaders to discuss how DSP is reshaping the audio of the future.

The panelists are Mark Cohen (Audeze), Greg Stidsen (NAD and PSB), and Dan Wiggins (Periodic Audio).

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #1,240 of 1,303

I might be bringing my own laptop, and possibly even my desktop amp setup with a portable power supply. I don't care how a headphone sounds on the vendor's $2000 dac/amp combo, I care how it sounds on the sources I'll be using! Just be mindful of your fellow convention-go'ers, and don't spend a truckload of time setting up gear when there's a long line for a piece of kit.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #1,241 of 1,303
I might be bringing my own laptop, and possibly even my desktop amp setup with a portable power supply. I don't care how a headphone sounds on the vendor's $2000 dac/amp combo, I care how it sounds on the sources I'll be using! Just be mindful of your fellow convention-go'ers, and don't spend a truckload of time setting up gear when there's a long line for a piece of kit.
Share some pictures.

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,242 of 1,303
Thanks all! It's just a laptop with a dragonfly red so will take under 2 minutes to set up.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,243 of 1,303
Hey y'all, I'll be there at open tomorrow morning! Missed online ticketing, but I figure day 2 shouldn't be too hard to manage registration. Looking forward to meeting some head-fi-ers.

Oct 6, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,245 of 1,303
SEMINAR UPDATE!

Unfortunately, our friend Paul Barton (PSB) won’t be joining us for for today’s 2018 Headphone AMA seminar. He’s been feeling a bit under the weather and couldn’t make it to RMAF this year. Please join me in wishing him well.

Filling in for him will be a special treat! Join us as Schiit’s Jason Stoddard AND Mike Moffat both take the dais, in what is sure to be a fantastic time this afternoon!

As a reminder, the 2018 Headphone AMA (Ask Me Anything) will be at 5:00p in the Aspen Amphitheater - and will feature:

Dan Clark (MrSpeakers)
Nicolas Debard (Focal)
Thorsten Loesch (iFi Audio)
Mike Moffat (Schiit)
Jason Stoddard (Schiit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back