CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1,201 of 1,303
Well crude, I will not be able to make it, The "cold" turned into a lot more than I thought it was and I was advise not to fly (ears and chest I wont get too detailed but it will take a week or two to get rid of).
Just got done canceling all my reservations...pity party for Bob... :triportsad:

I was looking forward to seeing you all. It will need to wait for next time.:beerchug:
Bummer :frowning2:
I think my next one would be SoCal in June 2019 - maybe see you there?

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #1,202 of 1,303
Bummer :frowning2:
I think my next one would be SoCal in June 2019 - maybe see you there?
Maybe, will look into that.
I changed my flight to cover AXPONA in April. They were nice enough to do it with no charge due to the circumstances. HEH actually ended with a credit back due tot he flight being cheaper. The agent said I was the only one on the plane so far, LOL.

Just sitting hear watching the video and having a pity party....so many things I wanted to hear and people I wanted to see.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,203 of 1,303
Maybe, will look into that.
I changed my flight to cover AXPONA in April. They were nice enough to do it with no charge due to the circumstances. HEH actually ended with a credit back due tot he flight being cheaper. The agent said I was the only one on the plane so far, LOL.

Just sitting hear watching the video and having a pity party....so many things I wanted to hear and people I wanted to see.
Aw bummer dude, sorry to hear that. Next time!

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,204 of 1,303
Don't worry, it's going to be cold and rainy...

The weather seems to be bad no matter when the show falls.

There's been a few years where the weather has been beautiful but in the past 8 years or so, that's only happened a few times.
How thick of a jacket should I bring with myself? Since I'm coming from the east coast.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,205 of 1,303
Well crude, I will not be able to make it, The "cold" turned into a lot more than I thought it was and I was advise not to fly (ears and chest I wont get too detailed but it will take a week or two to get rid of).
Just got done canceling all my reservations...pity party for Bob... :triportsad:

I was looking forward to seeing you all. It will need to wait for next time.:beerchug:
Aw man... you seriously will be missed. My gang will raise a few glasses to ya!

How thick of a jacket should I bring with myself? Since I'm coming from the east coast.
Looks like the local weather will vary between 70 degrees and 37 degrees.
I'd say a fall jacket should be enough during the daytime, but wear layers (which is always a wise travel idea). I'll be wearing a tee shirt inside the event, but I'll probably bring my leather jacket and a thin sweater for jaunts around town. I highly recommend a button up shirt and traveler jeans from Banana Republic, they look fancy and feel great, the pants resist wrinkles, and then you can put on a thin Merino wool sweater that weighs nothing over top of the button-up. Oh, you probably can't eat at most restaurants without shoes as well, and socks will help prevent chafing from standing all day. Hat is good too.
:owl:

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,206 of 1,303
Watching the video made me think back to my HeadRoom Home amp and Senn "phones I bought on a Stereophile recommend 23 years ago. How far we've traveled here............

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #1,207 of 1,303
If there's anyone who is planning on attending RMAF, plays MTG, and will be in town Friday: I will be attending an FNM about two miles away from the Marriot and I'd love to play there with ya'll. Just DM me if you are interested.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #1,208 of 1,303

Rest well, friend. There's going to be a big, empty space without you here, but taking care of your health always comes first. You'll be missed this weekend, but hopefully it'll only be a short while until we get another chance to get together.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,209 of 1,303

You will be missed, sir!

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #1,210 of 1,303
First canjam for me! What tips do you all have for a newbie who's going by himself?

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #1,211 of 1,303
First canjam for me! What tips do you all have for a newbie who's going by himself?
Don't get overwhelmed LOL. Don't try to hear everything. Get you list ready ahead of time for what you must hear and try to find out what booth/room they're in. Also plan to walk around and check out some of the amazing 2-channel systems in the show case rooms (!!) Get your must-checks out of the way before you get lost on the random stuff. However much money in your bank account. Prepare for it to be empty and pack an extra credit card...

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,212 of 1,303
Wo
Hi everyone! We'll have 10 ETHER 2s at the show. Check them out in our booth 64.65, our quiet(er) room 538, and at Chord Audio, Ampsandsound, WooAudio, and others. And the price is lower than I think people expected, $1,999.99.

Wondering if there's any chance the Massdrop x MrSpeakers Ether CX Closed Headphones might make an appearance? I'd love to get a listen to a set of those, as there's a vague chance in hell I could actually afford them :-D

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #1,213 of 1,303
Info on the hifiman stuff from innerfidelity

Arya headphone which is a planar-magnetic over-ear that adapts HE1000 V2-series driver technology at a lower price point ($1,599 USD).

$699 USD HE5se planar-magnetic over-ear which is limited to only 500 units and is being released to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of the original model. HIFIMAN said that the HE5se “…features wooden cups similar to the original, with improved build quality, headband, and overall durability that reflects the company’s years of headphone design evolution. Each HE5se will include a glass plate and laser etching marking the 10th anniversary special edition.

Jade: Available either as headphones alone (Frequency Response: 7Hz -90kHz, Bias Voltage: 550V-650V, Weight: 365g) for $1,500 USD or with the dedicated 14-pound solid-state amplifier for $2,500 USD all-in, this offers significant savings as a bundle since the amp alone is set to retail for $1,599 USD.

Read more at https://www.innerfidelity.com/conte...atic-headphone-system-and#vXdi06vxlfk0XGeF.99

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #1,214 of 1,303
I'll have some Stax with me:

[2b45a1f072620c1520c3297c38b022c8]_Image%202018-10-03%20at%208.57.11%20PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back