CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #826 of 1,303
Here's my list of IEMs that I'm bringing:

DUNU Falcon C
Lark Studios Prototype LSX 11BA
Lark Studios Prototype LSX 10BA
Accutone Studio S1
Heir Audio 4S
Audio Genetic AG2
(The fabled) Rose Cappuccino Mk. II

If you guys want me to bring something else I have, let me know! I want to demo to as many fellow Head-Fi'ers as I can!

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #827 of 1,303
If you are attending California canjam I think the best place and closest to the event to grab a decent bite for not too expensive is fernando's taco inn, I recommend the carnitas plate if you like pork. And right across the street there is fine dinning rosa mexicano restaurant that is also great value if you have more money to spend. (many LA live restaurants will validate 2 or 3 hrs of parking)

Now if you want to recreate yourself with the sweet gifts of California, within walking distance look for the highway bridge, prepare your id and cash and by the taxis ask for the phantom store!

happy listening! see you there guys!

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #832 of 1,303
I’ll post this in the CanJam SoCal impressions thread as well:

Tonight (4-7-18) at 8pm, will be the Ping Pong Showdown at Paddle Room (formerly named SPiN) Los Angeles! The venue is a short walk from JW Marriott, or a short Uber ride if you don’t want to walk.

A5958620-CBD1-4617-8886-FF5C4ACB400B.jpeg EFD7239D-7261-4E78-830A-D5932CD55447.jpeg 9E4DBF90-072B-4A11-9CE2-0F4F8C08C0DD.jpeg

Here’s more info:

550 S Flower St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (in The Standard Hotel, 2nd Floor)

(213) 892-8080

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it!

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #834 of 1,303
If you are attending California canjam I think the best place and closest to the event to grab a decent bite for not too expensive is fernando's taco inn, I recommend the carnitas plate if you like pork. And right across the street there is fine dinning rosa mexicano restaurant that is also great value if you have more money to spend. (many LA live restaurants will validate 2 or 3 hrs of parking)

Now if you want to recreate yourself with the sweet gifts of California, within walking distance look for the highway bridge, prepare your id and cash and by the taxis ask for the phantom store!

happy listening! see you there guys!
I was slightly disappointed in the hi end rooms. Sr009 headphones only paired with Woo amp? It was heavily distorting. Would have hoped to have a control to compare against. Same with the VOCE, only paired with blue hawaii, a combo I wasn't impressed, and I suspect it was the amp.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #835 of 1,303
I was slightly disappointed in the hi end rooms. Sr009 headphones only paired with Woo amp? It was heavily distorting. Would have hoped to have a control to compare against. Same with the VOCE, only paired with blue hawaii, a combo I wasn't impressed, and I suspect it was the amp.

1svgw3.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #836 of 1,303
Tried on a bunch of IEM.

Realized the u12t wasn't much of an upgrade from my U10.

Was planning to get the UE18 pro+ for $900 but I preferred the Andromeda more so ended up taking it back to my hotel room.

Also tried the Empire Ears Phantom and liked it a lot. But not for almost 2x the price of the Andromeda.

I'm very impressed with this event and how well put together it was. I will definitely go ahead next year.

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #838 of 1,303
Tried on a bunch of IEM.

Realized the u12t wasn't much of an upgrade from my U10.

Was planning to get the UE18 pro+ for $900 but I preferred the Andromeda more so ended up taking it back to my hotel room.

Also tried the Empire Ears Phantom and liked it a lot. But not for almost 2x the price of the Andromeda.

I'm very impressed with this event and how well put together it was. I will definitely go ahead next year.
I took a listen to the UE 18 Pro+. I liked it quite a bit (I'm a big fan of UE). It's nice to go to a show and bring a toy back, isn't it? Besides I bought the only Phantom he had so it would have been deferred pleasure for you if you bought one. :)

Oh, UE told me to check its website Weds. With a big smile. If any of you like UE, it might be worth your while.

Apr 7, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #839 of 1,303
I took a listen to the UE 18 Pro+. I liked it quite a bit (I'm a big fan of UE). It's nice to go to a show and bring a toy back, isn't it? Besides I bought the only Phantom he had so it would have been deferred pleasure for you if you bought one. :)

Oh, UE told me to check its website Weds. With a big smile. If any of you like UE, it might be worth your while.
Do they have the Legend-X for sale? I’m headed down there tomorrow...

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #840 of 1,303
I found the bass lacking. Some tracks, which I knew to have deep bass, did not translate well. I don't know if it was the headphone or the amp, but I'm inclined to give Mr. Speakers the benefit of the doubt, as I have an Ether, and with proper amping, can dig down to the bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back