CanJam Dallas 2023 (November 11-12)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #151 of 268
Any discount Coupons for the event entry tickets?
My wife wants to tag along and now its too expensive to book for the entire event :grimacing:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #153 of 268
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #155 of 268
My first canjam. Question….if I bring my iphone with saved music on it (Qobuz)….do most of the booths have a lighting to USB adapter…or frankly any adapter so as to plug into dacs and ultimately amps for a listen?

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #156 of 268
My first canjam. Question….if I bring my iphone with saved music on it (Qobuz)….do most of the booths have a lighting to USB adapter…or frankly any adapter so as to plug into dacs and ultimately amps for a listen?
The good booths like @Sennheiser do :)

Biased kidding aside, most do and if not, CanJammers are known for having an adapter for everything in their bag and don't usually mind letting you borrow it for a song or two in a pinch.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #157 of 268
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #158 of 268
I would highly suggest bringing your own lighting adapters just in case

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #160 of 268

I'm one of those walking adaptotrons @ericpalonen is talking about..:wink:

that said, if you brought your own adaptor you'd save yourself some grief. this is stage 1, to let you plug into a DAC

stage 2 is get multiple UBS cables or adapters - but, bottom line, two are enough - you want to plug to both USB-B and USB-C - the most common two DAC ports

stage 3 is to also bring a small amp/dac (to which you would connect your phone). and then have analog cables out of it to let you connect directly to amps rather than to DACs - that is, if you wanted to test amps directly using them same portable DAC / I suspect you can skip this for your first canjam, if you have one (or a dap, same thing), then bring it (along 3.5mm to dual-RCA and/or 4.mm to dual-XLR

if you only take the first step, you are golden. don't worry about it.. just bring your sonds.. you'll be fine :)

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #161 of 268
I even considered getting a portable dac/amp, bring my whole chain.

If you're gonna get one, you might even want to wait until the show to do that.

Exhibitors usually have show specials. We haven't posted the finalized CanJam Dallas specials yet, but here's an example of the show specials that CanJam SoCal attendees recently enjoyed:

SoCal23_header_showspecials.jpg

64 AudioVisit booth to enter a giveaway to win a U12t on Saturday, and a Premium Silver Cable (with preferred termination) on Sunday.
20% off most universals.
20% off customs A6t and up.
ABYSS Headphones10% off on ABYSS Headphones. Ask a team member at the show for a special coupon code.
ArtVanoUp to 50% off on select products at show.
Audio-TechnicaVisit booth for a chance to win a pair of ATH-R70x open-back headphones.
20% off select headphones at www.audio-technica.com/en-us/.
Bloom Audio10%-15% off select brands.
Free swag bag for first 50 visitors to booth that demo something. Great stuff inside like a DDHiFi adapter, SpinFit eartips, Dekoni hat, iBasso IEMs, and more.
Dekoni Audio25% off MSRP on all earpads and accessories.
Visit booth for Show Special pricing on Dekoni Cobalt and Dekoni Blue.
Effect AudioUp to 20% off for all products (excluding Fusion 1 and Centurion).
Elysian Acoustic LabsVisit booth for Show Special bundles.
Empire Ears20% off all IEMs excluding RAVEN.
Etymotic25% off ER4 Series.
FatFreq15% off all IEMs (except Scarlet Mini).
FiiOup to 30% select products purchased at show.
Flash AcousticsUp to 50% off on select products at show.
Focal20% off Utopia, Stellia, Clear MG, Celestee, Show Promo pricing on Elegia and Bathys.
Headphones.comUp to 25% off everything on display at CanJam SoCal 2023.
Visit booth for a comprehensive list of Show Special pricing on Focal headphones.
HiFiGo10% off HiFiGo products on Amazon.com and www.hifigo.com using coupon code: 10CanJam2023.
Jomo Audio20% off UIEMs.
KineraVisit booth to enter a giveaway.
20% off show purchases.
Leiyin Audio20% off show purchases.
LETSHUOERVisit booth to receive special discounted pricing on the full range of products. Limited Stock of openbox S12/S12 Pro also available with an extra discount.
Noble Audio20% off all IEMs.
SennheiserVisit booth for a comprehensive list of Show Special pricing.
The Source AVVisit booth for 10%-30% off all products purchased at show.
Timsok5% off purchases made at show.
TOPPING20% off purchases made at show.
Upscale AudioFeliks Audio Echo MKII usually retails for $995, will sell for $845.75 during the show and for the week after.
Westone Audio25% off of MACH Series.
Woo Audio10% off on Woo Audio amplifiers over $599. Ask a team member at the show for a special coupon code.

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #163 of 268
Nov 2, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #164 of 268
I don't think I need to attend. My beats pro do everything I need them to do. Pure audio bliss.

🧌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back