CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #91 of 356
May 9, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #92 of 356
Probably not Ferrum. I spoke with them at Axpona and they said not sure about Canjam
Maybe one of their re-sellers / distributors will have their amps on the show floor... never lose hope! :wink:

May 9, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #93 of 356
3 key missing amp vendors - Ampandsound, Enleum, Ferrum - Any chance of getting them in? I’m sure many of us would be very interested to have them the floor for demo. 🙏
Ampsandsound was at Socal and NYC. They shared a booth with The SourceAV in Socal. I think they had their own in NYC. Since they are located in socal, I expect them to be there again this Sept.

Headphones.com had Enleum in their booth in Socal.

Ferrum was demoed by their North American distributor at both Socal and NYC. Vana Ltd is the name. I recall asking him if he would be at Chicago. I think he said no because there were other shows he was attending at roughly the same time.

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #94 of 356
Ampsandsound was at Socal and NYC. They shared a booth with The SourceAV in Socal. I think they had their own in NYC. Since they are located in socal, I expect them to be there again this Sept.

Headphones.com had Enleum in their booth in Socal.

Ferrum was demoed by their North American distributor at both Socal and NYC. Vana Ltd is the name. I recall asking him if he would be at Chicago. I think he said no because there were other shows he was attending at roughly the same time.
Thanks!

Was hoping to recreating our NYC listening session with the Ferrum and (my since purchased) Susvara, and try to compare it with the other two.. the Red October left a deep impression on me in NYC, and the Enleum I never tried…

May 9, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #95 of 356
Thanks!

Was hoping to recreating our NYC listening session with the Ferrum and (my since purchased) Susvara, and try to compare it with the other two.. the Red October left a deep impression on me in NYC, and the Enleum I never tried…
The Vana demo set up was terrible in NYC. I bought the Orr+Hypsos at CanJam NYC and I can confirm that it sounds a lot better in my own system that it demoed at the show. Hopefully they get a better demo set up next time. I listen primarily with Susvara and Utopia.

May 9, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #96 of 356
Thanks for waiting until I moved to the Windy City to make this happen! Looking forward to attending my first of these.

May 9, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #97 of 356
What I noticed with Axpona last month was there were a few Ferrum dealers with the Oor or Erco with Hypsos available and they sounded quite rocking. Think HeadAmp/Upscale/Meze had Ferrum on their table on top of Vana who had the full lineup. So good chance there will be Ferrum at Chicago!

Vana table at Axpona I would say, certainly it was nice they had a Utopia available to use to demo but certainly would have liked if they could have had things like the Susvara on their table demo with also.

For us at our Headphones.com booth last year, we did indeed have our ampsandsound collab, the Forge at SoCal along with TSAV hosting Justin at their table! And I believe we had the first full production unit Enleum AMP-23R for demo at SoCal. Enleum I believe are a tad new at headphone shows, especially CanJams, so we hope at least later in the year we can get them a little out of their shell!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 10, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #98 of 356
Guys, we have available volunteer slots! If interested, please send me a PM!

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam Chicago 2022 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt, and food/refreshments during your shift. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

May 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #102 of 356
May 15, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #104 of 356
Is anyone doing impressions for custom monitors on site? I've been unable to find an audiologist familiar with full conchea impressions in rural Wisconsin.

Thinking about finally springing for A12t's, great timing for canjam so i can get some demo time before committing to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back