CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #76 of 356
I did manage to get my hands on a Susvara in most booths, and once or twice loan one from other head-fiers (everyone is truly so generous at the shows), but controlling the consistency and availability may be worth carrying my own... so a real consideration
That is something I love about the head-go community in general. I’ve meet some great people in these forums. Getting a chance to meet them in person is a bonus!!

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #77 of 356
That is something I love about the head-go community in general. I’ve meet some great people in these forums. Getting a chance to meet them in person is a bonus!!
indeed...!

so, hope to see you in Chicago :)

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #79 of 356
My first face to face interaction in HeadFi was in 2007 in a national meet in Chicago before CanJam existed.... Great memories from an awesome community!
Unfortunately won't be able to make this one due to previous plans but I will try to make SoCal.

I'm jealous! I missed out on the earlier days of the hobby, so I didn't get to go to the national meets. :frowning2:

@warrenpchi @third_eye anyone carrying Enleum be there? That’s high on many’s bucket list to audition :)
Any word on if Ferrum Audio will be in attendance? That weekend happens to be bad timing for me, but if I could audition an Oor/Hypsos while I was there, I'd make it work.

Not sure about Enleum and Ferrum yet... that said we're still quite a ways out from the show, so I expect many more exhibitors to be added soon. :relaxed:

I'm with you, the Wells Audio booth is a must for me. Now I need to decide what headphone to bring, HEKse or D8K Pro maybe??

I'd say the D8K. The chances of you finding an HEKse there for loaning purposes, especially with HiFiMAN exhibiting, are pretty high. The D8K is going to be way more rare.

Oh wow, didn't know this was happening, and in my city as well!

Might go if I have nothing to do during those dates

You should definitely come! CanJams are awesomesauce! :relaxed:

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #80 of 356
I'd say the D8K. The chances of you finding an HEKse there for loaning purposes, especially with HiFiMAN exhibiting, are pretty high. The D8K is going to be way more rare.
D8K Pro it is!

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #81 of 356
We hope to be there!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 30, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #83 of 356
I wish there is a way to reserve audition spot/time instead of waiting in line without knowing when the person in front of you have had enough :)

Apr 30, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #84 of 356
I wish there is a way to reserve audition spot/time instead of waiting in line without knowing when the person in front of you have had enough :)

In CanJam NYC couple months ago, even though crowded, it was very easy to audition. no one ever hogged any seat for too long, and at most I waited patiently for 4-5 min. In most cases, there is so much to see, you can walk by and always find an empty seat for something you want to audition and come back later to what happens to be busy.

Important tip - arrive when the show starts in the mornings, first hour is rather empty and you can test to your heart's content anything and everything in lots of peace and quiet. Also, some of the vendors have after hours get togethers, keep your ears and eyes open and start some friendly chats.

Last, a lot of those short lines and huddles result in some of the most enjoyable chance encounters and get-to-knows..:wink:

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #87 of 356
Linear Tube Audio added to exhibitor list!
Nice! Heard their preamp at Axpona and it was wonderfully natural, liquid with palpable sense of real instruments. Their amp was also good but it felt a bit underpowered for the accompanying speaker.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #89 of 356
2022 SPONSORS.jpg

Cardas Audio
Headphones.com
Headphone.guru
MusicTeck
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

2022 exhibitors.jpg

1MoreUSA
64 Audio
ABYSS Headphones
ambient acoustics
Aroma Audio
Audeze
Audio-Technica
Awedyo Audio
Benchmark Media Systems
Bloom Audio
Burson Audio
Cardas Audio
Cayin
Chord Electronics
Custom Art
Dan Clark Audio
DITA
dCS
EarMen
Effect Audio
Eksonic
Elysian Acoustic Labs
Empire Ears
FAudio
FiR Audio
Headamp Audio Electronics
HiBy
Hifiman
Jerry Harvey Audio
Linear Tube Audio
Lotoo
Luxury Precision
Metal Magic Research
Meze Audio
MusicTeck
Noble Audio
Oriolus
PWAudio
qdc
RAAL-requisite
Roon Labs
Rupert Neve Designs
Sennheiser
Shanling
Softears
Soundcore
Spirit Torino
SPL
Unique Melody
Vision Ears
Wells Audio
xMEMs Labs

and many more to come!

3 key missing amp vendors - Ampandsound, Enleum, Ferrum - Any chance of getting them in? I’m sure many of us would be very interested to have them the floor for demo. 🙏

May 8, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #90 of 356
Probably not Ferrum. I spoke with them at Axpona and they said not sure about Canjam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back