CanJam 08: Team Florida Invites All Their Friends...
May 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 664
canjam is blowing up and in full effect....lots of kewl stuff...

Im right now testing out a Govibe Magnum, which is a USB DAC and combo. Its about 3"x1.5". It has gain control and a bass control....actually doesnt really overbloat the bass as i thought it would. It can give alittle thump to my E4s.

Also the Smyth Research gaming setup is INSANE....must try it cause its crazy kewl.

Also Ray Kimbers ISOMIKE recording are INCREDIBLE....im extremely impressed with the recordings. Do yourselves a favor and check out his ISOMIKE recordings...you will be blown away at the quality.

Also Kimber kables interconnect are pretty sweet...im in a toss in between keeping them or not.

May 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And three impressions:

HeAudio electostatic headphone w/ Woo Audio GES

"Appalachian" style music was playing on this system. The detail was phenomenal, the last time I heard detail near this level was the HE60 off a Singlepower Concerto ES back in '06. Every single layer was beautifully presented, completely naturally with no harshness. Very detailed, and still very musical, as I could still easily get the "feeling" of the music.

philodox's McAllister Massive Attack w/ Headphile balanced K340

I went into this one with the goal of finding out what made it great for Massive Attack's music.
wink.gif
Not quite up to the level I was expecting, but very, very cool nonetheless. Bass went rough and deep and there was plenty of detail. The K340 still sounded like a K340 to me though, with a slight treble etch and a "hollow" mid-range tendency. It was still awesome specifically for Massive Attack though.

naamanf-built 4-channel balanced Beta 22

I commissioned this build from naamanf and he shipped directly to Florida upon completion. Until today I had not seen it in person. It looked nice, but did it sound as good? Well I'm not totally sure yet. The meet conditions made it impossible to get a clear handle on it, but I did hear an obvious advantage to balanced over single-ended with my Equinox-balanced K701 with greater soundstage lift (more front-to-back and left-to-right), greater ease to the sound (more fluid), and more dynamic swing.

I'll hear much more of what this amp offers when I return home in June.

Look forward to hearing more regarding your personal rig. I've been looking into a solid state amp, and I happen to have the Bel Canto CD-1 as source as well.

May 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #20 of 664
Looking forward to more impressions.

May 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #23 of 664
Mmmm, Pics and impressions; More, please...

Have fun~

May 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
n_maher's "The Menace" and other builds

Dang - Nate's builds are getting more & more impressive every time! Really top-notch work. I'm interested in hearing more about this amp, as well as impressions.

May 3, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #25 of 664
I just got out of the let there be sound room....and OMG....there are a pair of Genesis G5.3s setup. These are insane, unbelievable till you hear them. They look even more wonderful with a gray paint job like the BMW. 7 coats of super high gloss to give it a car like paint job. You can actually use car polish on it i would believe.

Hands down the best speakers ive ever heard. I have to say that its a hefty price tag, but worth every penny.

May 3, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #29 of 664
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we having fun yet? Here's stevieo after just 1/2 of the pre meet party ...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/agile_one/CJ_08/CJ08-Sat2of2.jpg[IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Looks like Some Head-Fiers really know how to enjoy themselves..Aherm...lol

Looking forward to impressions of Stevieo [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/wink.gif

May 3, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #30 of 664
Thanks for the photo walkthrough Asr... looking forward to more with all the tubes plugged in and impressions of how everything sounds.

oh yeah and have a great time for all of us wishing we were there.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back