Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Apr 6, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #166 of 301
No, not at all. I'm happy with my present set up. Not to say that a trip to Roseau wouldn't change my mind. What I meant was that I've been distracted lately due to personal matters that I won't share here, but I'll tell you next time we meet.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #167 of 301
Ah fair enough. Hope stuff works out/calms down on your end. Roseau could be dangerous; Bear has a lot of toys
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #169 of 301
Well if he finally gets that BHSE, then that'll free up his WEE for you to get into Stax territory
rolleyes.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #170 of 301
I got some custom ear tips made and wanted to let people know about the clinic where I got it done. The audiologist was cool to deal with and it was a quick and painless process, got my ear tips within a week!

For my peeps in Toronto/GTA - Check out Salus hearing. I am def going back to them when I get ciems :) 

The moulds are a perfect fit and after this no going back to regular tips! I just wanted to share this with fellow canucks! 

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #171 of 301
Hello to all my fellow Canadian members / Bonjour a tous mes amis et membres canadiens

I was born and raised in Ottawa, French Cdn/Franco Ontarian; moved across the river to Aylmer, QC in '93 w/my family because the houses were affordable there & lived there for 20 years.  My wife & I both retired in 2012 and moved to Milton, NS, a small village on the Southshore of the province, 1:50 hr south of Halifax.  Peaceful here & we are near several beautiful beaches overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.  

I've been in this hobby for more than 5 years & after spending & losing a lot of money (buying & selling) on different amps & HPs I've reached my end game in the last few months.  My gear is the following : HD800/ 650/ 600 & T1s all xlr balanced & single end.  My amp is the Auralic Taurus MKII, my favourite one of all the ones I've owned & sold.  I don't see myself selling this amp it's truly special, especially w/ the missing piece which I purchased two weeks ago as a source the PS Audio perfectwave MKII.  The performance of these combined audio components has exceeded my expectations.  There comes a time, especially for me when good enough is good enough & as I stated before this is better than good enough.  BTW my moniker reflects some of the statements I read on this thread regarding customs & taxes in general.   Old Groucho reflects my feelings concerning the exorbitant amount of taxes we pay in this country and the devaluation of our currency.  Aside from that I'm a happy go lucky, grateful old man.

Hope you guys enjoy your gear & music, nice to be part of this site.  Until next time / a la prochaine 
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #174 of 301
Merci/ Thank you for the kind words everybody.  The kind of music I listen to can best be described by naming a few bands & artists :

Beck, The BeaTles, Steely Dan, JJ Cale, McCartney, Donald Fagen, Michael Jerome Browne (Cdn), Clapton, Hendrix mostly other Classic Rock, Classic Blues e.g. Muddy Waters, Classic Western/Country e.g. Hank Williams, a bit of Classic Jazz & some Baroque & Chamber music (not much in the case of the last two.)

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #175 of 301
Hello, I'm a bit late getting to this thread, which is a great idea, btw. I'm in Western Canada. Like to listen to symphonies, chamber, choral, classic rock (pre-1990), and female jazz vocals.
cheers,

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #180 of 301

Hi. Guys. I am music lover and bought some high end gears here. But I will be very happy to share the music listening experience with people who are have same hobby like me. I am in Western BC of Canada. Hopefully we have a chance to meet with. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back